Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jurassic Bark - Levels 337 - 342

I got really behind on my posting. I started this on Friday (or was it Thurs...?)

Woo-hoo! I passed 338, can't believe it! I got very lucky--I actually did get 2 back-to-back diamond + blasters (just like my wish in the prev post.) As the last blaster (of 2nd combo) was detonating, I glanced at the "glass gauge" -- 46/48 glass broken. I still had 2 ice blocks down at the bottom, and the timer was about to start counting down...screen started flashing. I had a blaster down there by the ice, but no way to detonate it. I was frantically moving things around the board, trying to find a solution (and get something to detonate the darn thing!) Suddenly, the level was over and I passed! I finally realized (I guess, anyway) that those last two glass were not the ice blocks--they probably dropped after the row underneath them got blasted. The glass was prob next to a portal or somewhere else I overlooked. I actually don't know where it was, but I must have broke it with all my crazy last-second moves...but I know I never detonated that blaster! Anyway, I got really lucky with that (and I'll take it!) I ended up with two stars, but I want to play that one again sometime, (when I know what I'm doing, lol!)

Fashion Designer
    Level 337! So I'm currently stuck on this level, it's been days....can't passed it always not enough moves, I wonder if they will add more moves here

Look at here, 1 more fire with only 1 move left, how am I gonna pass this. I didn't....

At this point of the island I was super excited because the rest are all moves levels! Hurray!!!

Level 339: Dig 12 meters in 60 moves (4JC.) 5 moves were added to this one. Wow, this was a fun level! With only 4 colors used, it was a special jewel extravaganza! I can't remember which exact combos I used, but during my attempts I was able to combo blasters & bombs, diamonds & blasters--lots of "powerful" digging combos. Both worked quite well on this level, esp. w/the black jewels & all the super dirt. Like any digging level, you have to get your specials jewels & combos at the right time, without wasting moves trying to "place" them. I ended up with 3 stars on this one; I think I also had a diamond + diamond swap in the final round (love this--how it just wipes all the super dirt off the screen!)

Level 340: 56 glass in 40 moves (5JC.) This was fun to play! They added 5 moves, which seemed about right (still took many tries to pass, though.) In my final round, I used a diamond + blaster to clear almost all the remaining glass. I had used a blaster + bomb near the beginning of the round...wiped out almost all of the black jewels. Which was awesome, & gave me more room to create special jewels & combos (those black jewels can really get in the way sometimes.) I tried to start each round with boards that had matches along the sides & corners (the hard-to-reach areas,) as well as moves that would create a 3-match along the ice/white blocks. That way they'd color match, and automatically clear themselves. If I didn't see a couple of these "optimal" starting moves, I'd restart the level (pause, then back arrow.) Enjoyed this!

Also on 340, I used blasters to get black jewels out of the way. The screenshot below is from a prev. round, showing a "before" example. I planned to use the light & dark blue blaster + blaster combo to get rid of some black jewels.

I forgot to save the "after" screenshot, so I decided to explain what I did (similar to my blaster + bomb combo post in the Taco Meadow thread--comment #'s 2 & 3--from a few days ago...) Then I thought it might be easier if I made a little chart instead. I always knew you get 2 blasts from a blaster + blaster combo, but I didn't know you could control which rows/columns were affected. The chart shows what each combination of blaster types will do--where they'll blast & in what order. There are six variations on this combo. The screenshot above is an example of the last "variation" listed in the chart below. You probably already know this info, but I only recently figured it all out. I thought I'd mention it, JIK it might help someone else.

So back to the light/dark blue blaster example. If you put your finger on the light blue row blaster, & swipe up, the blast would miss the 3 black jewels in that row. Then the dark blue column blaster would blast the one black jewel in its same column...but that's all. However, if you swipe the dark blue blaster down, you'll blast the one black jewel in that column, plus the 3 black jewels in the row. So the better choice here is to swipe down--clearing 4 is better than 1! I hope this chart is understandable. If this is new info to you, just pay attention the next time you combine some blasters. You'll understand what I meant (even if my chart is confusing, lol!) But please let me know if you have any questions...

Level 341: Dig 6 meters in 30 moves (5JC.) This one was a lot of fun, but pretty challenging. The moves are so tight. Have to use each one wisely. I got close so many times...once I had just 1 super dirt square left--erggh! I can't remember now exactly how I passed, but I know I needed lots of special jewels & combos due to the super dirt. The stone jewels weren't much of a problem, most of the time I didn't even attempt to convert them. I enjoyed this level quite a lot. Actually, this whole island was fun (so many moves levels...great fun, without the stress of a clock!)

Forgot to mention, there were no changes to the moves, etc. on level 341, above.

Level 342: 16 fire in 30 moves (4JC.) They added 5 moves to this (thank you! ) I agree with what Aileeni said...the doom jewels weren't bad on this level. The layout can be a little tricky, but you can make lots of special jewels (so easily) on this level. I tried to get rid of the exposed fire right away, but didn't worry about the crates until I got some special jewels & combos going (didn't want to have to keep pushing back fire on the sides.) I eventually passed by getting two diamond + blaster combos one shortly after the other. The 1st really cleared the flames a lot, and the 2nd extinguished the rest! Whoo-hoo!

I enjoyed Jurassic Bark so much...I was actually a little sorry to be moving on! (But not totally, lol! That forward momentum feels good, too!) I'm on the last level of Taco Meadow right now (a timed level kickin' my...) Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12