Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Strand - Levels 319 - 324

Fashion Designer

Treasure Strand - Levels 319 - 324

Level 319... glass moves level with snakes, crates, and gifts

the upper snakes on the sides has glass underneath. and you have to **** the 4-headed middle snake in the center to get access to the crates and glass. the crates have glass underneath too. the gifts each contain one glass breaking boost inside. and it actually was helpful for me when i passed the level. i was down to only one or two moves left. the main focus is to **** the 4-headed snake. so you need to make vertical blasters to get the ones at the bottom. or a bomb + vertical blaster. or a diamond and match it with the eye-color. it needs to be done as early in the level as possible so you have plenty of moves to work on breaking down all the crates. this one took me several tries to pass, i think i was stuck on it for a few days.

and i think the theme of this region is gifts in each level. must be related to its name "Treasure Strand"!
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Wow, that looks tricky, Aileeniweeni! I was wondering why you specified using a vertical blaster + bomb combo? Has the blaster + bomb combo T-blast pattern changed, or have I been missing something all along (highly likely, lol! I mean, I thought diamonds were pretty useless for the longest! ) I noticed a couple/few weeks ago that my blaster + bomb wasn't as high as I thought it would be. Was that because of the blaster type, maybe? I thought maybe it was behaving differently because things were getting more difficult in higher levels (not that it makes much sense, lol!) Thank you...I really appreciate all of your fantastic tips, strategy, and observations--so helpful!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Wow, that looks tricky, Aileeniweeni! I was wondering why you specified using a vertical blaster + bomb combo? Has the blaster + bomb combo T-blast pattern changed, or have I been missing something all along (highly likely, lol! I mean, I thought diamonds were pretty useless for the longest! ) I noticed a couple/few weeks ago that my blaster + bomb wasn't as high as I thought it would be. Was that because of the blaster type, maybe? I thought maybe it was behaving differently because things were getting more difficult in higher levels (not that it makes much sense, lol!) Thank you...I really appreciate all of your fantastic tips, strategy, and observations--so helpful!
    i was going to edit my post yesterday to change it to just blaster. but i forgot to get to it. oops! yea, it shouldn't matter which blaster, i think i just had vertical blasters on the mind. haha the placement is the most important!
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 320... timed digging level with super dirt, snakes, and gifts

this level took me several tries but the gifts contain a nice surprise. they have either a dirt blasting boost or a snake head remover boost inside. i try to reserve their use for when i really need it. and i think there was a total of 2 each kind. 2:30 on the clock to dig 12 meters. the board won't move down until you eliminate the snake head (unless the snake head position is on the current bottom layer that appears on the board). for me it wasn't that easy to create bombs and blasters on this level, but i did get somewhat close a lot
    need help? send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    (...) it shouldn't matter which blaster, i think i just had vertical blasters on the mind. haha (...)
    Oh, good! I thought I'd been overlooking something all this time, lol! Thanks!

Fashion Designer
    Level 321... fire moves level with snakes, black jewels, and a gift

the gift contains a fire extinguisher boost inside. 30 moves to get rid of all the fire. looks like the gift is in a restricted state, so i assume you have to blast it twice to get the gift. i did a few bomb + blaster combos to get the gift and also get rid of the snakes and black jewels. i was happy to not have the time pressure of the fire spreading. and this level took me a few tries to pass.
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 322... timed fire level with snakes and restricted gifts

1:10 on the clock to put out all the fire. there are 2 restricted gifts, i think at least one has a fire extinguisher boost and the other...? i didn't find myself always getting them open because sometimes the fire would eat it up. there are four 2-headed snakes on on the board. in this level i didn't really focus on anything in particular besides ****ing the snakes to open up the board. so just move fast!
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 323... timed glass level with snakes, crates, and gifts

man i really need to post right away or start writing details down. because i keep forgetting what's inside the gifts!! i know at least one gift contains a glass breaking boost. but the other might contain a reshuffle or a glass breaking boost... i am not sure anymore

the only glass on the board are the ones that are visible, so the glass that's around the square gap in the middle and one in each bottom corner. so the crates are unusual in this level in that there are no glass underneath. same with the snake bodies, no glass underneath. so i just focused on breaking the glass in the middle and on getting access to the glass in the corners.
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 324... digging moves level with super dirt, snakes, walls, and gifts

uh oh i forgot what's inside these gifts too. ack!! if i had to guess, they were both dirt blasting boosts. but i passed this on my 1st try so it all happened so fast usual bomb + blaster digging is great. and i think i had a diamond + diamond swap on this level, which took out everything that was showing on the board. gramps was not happy! lol.
    need help? send me a PM

Level 319: 30 glass in 35 moves (5JC.) No changes from Aileeni's post above. Her strategy about getting the 4-headed snake early is right on, btw. I passed this on my 2nd attempt yesterday, and didn't even have to use the glass-breaking boosts. I got a great board that allowed me to combine blaster + bomb to wipe out most of the big snake (reg. blaster took care of the rest.) The upper snakes were ****ed: 1. by a regular match; 2. automatically as jewels fell in (yay!) All this happened pretty early in the round, then I was able to combine a diamond + blaster to break the glass. Really enjoyed this one!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast