Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cloud Temple - Levels 313 - 318

Level 318: 46 glass in 1:15 (4JC.) This was kind of fun for a timed doom jewel level--but very difficult! It took me lots of tries to pass this, so I definitely started to get frustrated. But it was fun having only 4 colors in play. Another cool thing in this level was the jewel/ice (white blocks) layout. You can try to make the color change effect work for you, if you can think quickly, lol. Because it really goes by fast--pretty crazy! You have 6 40-second doom jewels, in the same place at the start of each level. 3 of them are the same color each time...part of the same pattern. You can get a head start knowing these matches will be there if you like, and wipe them off the board likety-split. It's better to clear doom jewels before they fall to the bottom, anyway. Here's some screenshots, to show you what I mean...

The 1st pic was taken back when I passed the level, the others just awhile ago. Wouldn't you know they'd add time to the level after I passed it! So...I circled the "same color--in the same spot" doom jewels in green in the 2nd photo. These doomies have visible matches available, so as soon as you hear "Go!" you can clear them -- 1, 2, 3! -- to get 'em out of the way. There are other "in the same spot" matches that are identical each round. I marked them in the 3rd photo with white dots. I think the pink dotted jewels are always the same color/same place, too (but not sure.) Sometimes there will be better options/matches, of course, so be on the lookout. But you really don't have a lot of time; sometimes it's just best to m.o.v.e.!

Don't forget those side crates on the upper part of the board...they have glass underneath, and are easy to overlook in the fury of swiping madly & trying to clear doom jewels. I didn't have the exact portal understanding on this one. I just knew I had to make moves underneath to get jewels to flow through them, and replacement jewels to come in. Lots of times I'd have no matches on the bottom, with a doom jewel stuck there. I just tried my best to take care of any doom jewels in the top area first, before making the matches at the bottom (so doomies don't fall and end up getting stuck down there.)

So now I'm over in Treasure Strand, trying to pass a timed fire level (not my fave!~) Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by finnth12 View Post
    I'm stuck on 315 although it's cool feature but again timed level are so intense, lol.
    I agree, finnth--that one's also intense because everything's moving. SO difficult to get the blasters where you want them. Good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    I agree, finnth--that one's also intense because everything's moving. SO difficult to get the blasters where you want them. Good luck!

Thanks, been awhile Phaedrakiki
    Ha! I passed it, I got lucky, I created bomb and blaster in the middle, blasted the fire in the middle, and managed to get another blast and bomb combo in the bottom. Bye2 fire

Rhino Keeper
    n*Wish I knew for sure how diamond + blaster combos are programmed to work. What dictates whether you get mostly vertical or horizontal blasters from the combined swap? The type of blaster? The direction of the swap (blaster & diamond in same row...or column?) Or is it totally random? I've tried to pay attention as I play, but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it is just random...
    I think it's random. I've only really payed attention once but I swipped a vertical blaster and a diamond and got 3 verticalsand 3 horizontals. I hate those times when you bank on getting a certain one and all the blaster end up going the opposite direction.

So what does a diamond + bomb combo do--exactly? (The "advanced combinations" section of the Jewel Mania - Basics thread says this combo makes a larger explosion (than a bomb,) but that's not what happened here. I don't think it's the "full story" either, unless it's changed over the course of the game, maybe? If someone knows for sure (who pays attention better than me, lol,) please post. Next time I go back to play a lower level, I'll try to pay attention...see if I can figure out what *exactly* the combo does. (I'm also still wondering how diamond + blaster combos are programmed--my question from post #14...)
    Everytime I've done a diamond bomb combo it's done nothing more than a diamond and whatever colored jewel. At this point I dont use it unless I absolutelly have to because it's a waste. From what I've noticed it doesn't even act like a bomb in the space the bomb originally was. Even when there's a bomb right next to super dirt and you swap it with a diamond it doesnt clear the dirt. Frankly I think that combo is a waste.

Hi, thanks for posting! I agree that diamond + bomb is pretty worthless when super dirt is involved. You're right, it doesn't even "bomb". But I think what the combo does, is clear all the jewels the same color as the bomb...and then a second color, as well. So it can be very helpful on glass or reg. digging levels, and it's actually won a fire level or two for me lately (go figure!) I had pretty much given up on that combo, but tried it a lot while trying to answer the questions I posted here. And I realized it is useful in certain situations. I'm not 100% positive that's what it does, but I think so. Oh, and I totally agree about the blasters so often going the opposite way you want them to! Sometimes in my mind, I'm rooting "C'mon vertical, right there!" or Gimme some row blasters!!" (Doesn't work, lol.)

Thanks again for the reply!

New Resident
    Hi,
    Me and my wife play every day, several times a day and have been for a long time now. We are at level 314 and somewhat frustrated now to the point where we are considering walking away. This level doesn't seem to give us any downward blasters. We have even played where we have counted the opportunities and there hasn't been enough to even complete the level. I think this level is pure luck and strategically impossible. We are at a point where we just flick jewels and hope for the best. I have near smashed the face if the ipad in frustration. Any pointers would be helpful before we give up.
    Tack

New Resident
    Just reading above a diamond put with a bomb should turn all that colour to bombs, because as stated they are a waste of time and don't really help too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lgmintas View Post
    Hi,
    Me and my wife (...) are at level 314 and somewhat frustrated now to the point where we are considering walking away. This level doesn't seem to give us any downward blasters. (...) Any pointers would be helpful before we give up.
    Tack
    Hi! Did you see comment #'s 3 & 13/14? Not "tips" necessarily, but accounts of how the level was passed. Mostly blaster + bomb combos, which luckily work with any type of blaster! I noticed they've added another 20 seconds to the level, as well as some time to the doom jewel timers. (Prob doesn't feel like it, but the level has gotten better, lol!) I thought this was a difficult level, too, so I understand your frustration! But hang in there...you'll get that lucky board soon (with the blasters and combos you need!) Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Schnuffles, you asked about portals:

I am currently at Level 353, but trying to help my wife get through Level 314, which is probably the worst level I have encountered in this game; I got through it on my own iPad after much gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair.

I'm indifferent to portals, except in this level, where I HATE them.

It's frustrating; just when you think you can get down to making vertical blasters after clearing the doom jewels, the blasters disappear down a portal, and are totally useless. So you have to instead mindlessly just make as many matches as you can, hoping you will blast those darn four separate jewels.
    Last edited by koetsub; 07-29-14 at 09:46 AM.

New Resident
    Hi all,
    We are now on level 521 and can not get past it, we have been on it for months. This may be where we delete the game. Both of us are very frustrated with this at the moment and are now looking for something else. This is a last chance here to see if there is anything that can help us get through, if not she's gone....frustrated players here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123