Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Clean is Your Library Goal

Farm Supplier
    I got this goal a week or two ago, and still have not gotten a single Beastiary. I know they are rare, but not even one since the quest began? I have two libraries and they are both Level 3. Do I need to upgrade one of them to Level 5 in order to get the drops to start? I'd rather not upgrade unless necessary, as I need the resources elsewhere.

Has anyone received Beastiaries while only having Libraries that are Level 2 or Level 3?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sassmastah View Post
    I got this goal a week or two ago, and still have not gotten a single Beastiary. I know they are rare, but not even one since the quest began? I have two libraries and they are both Level 3. Do I need to upgrade one of them to Level 5 in order to get the drops to start? I'd rather not upgrade unless necessary, as I need the resources elsewhere.

Has anyone received Beastiaries while only having Libraries that are Level 2 or Level 3?
    I went ahead and upgraded my Lvl 3 Library to Lvl 5. I received a Bestiary Encyclopedia on my first Lvl 5 drop.

So it looks like they will only drop if you have at least one level 5 library. I doubt it was a coincidence. Hope that helps anyone else trying to find these elusive pedias! Someone should really introduce Thomas to Wikipedia... SO much easier, right??

Rhino Keeper
    I've got 6 in just over 3 weeks. I only got 2 in the first 10 days so upgraded one to lvl 5 and have got 4 since, but they've all been from the level 1 library

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by pixieblob View Post
    I've got 6 in just over 3 weeks. I only got 2 in the first 10 days so upgraded one to lvl 5 and have got 4 since, but they've all been from the level 1 library
    I think you just need at least one Level 5 Library to trigger the collection. After that they seem to drop from lower level libraries. No one has ever reported receiving them from lower level libraries only. Everyone has reported having at least one Level 5 Library. I'm assuming that's the key until someone reports otherwise

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry didn't explain that very well! I definitely didn't have a level 5 when i got the first two. one might have been a level 3 as I seem to remember a quest to upgrade it, but the other was only a 1. I had hoped having a level 5 would make them appear more quickly but it doesn't seem to.

Rhino Keeper
    My highest library is level 3. Should I upgrade it to level 5? or can it drop from any level?

Rhino Keeper
    I can confirm my only level 3 library dropped a book. But none of my level 1 libraries have dropped anything yet. So it definitely doesn't HAVE to be level 5.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh dang - my level 3 library just dropped 2 books. Nice!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sassmastah View Post
    I went ahead and upgraded my Lvl 3 Library to Lvl 5. I received a Bestiary Encyclopedia on my first Lvl 5 drop.

So it looks like they will only drop if you have at least one level 5 library. I doubt it was a coincidence.
    This was not my experience. I got my first bestiary book on the first day of this goal. I had 2 level 2 libraries at the time. The next day, I upgraded one of them to level 5. In total, I ended up getting at least 5 of the books, possibly 6, from the level 2 library.
    Last edited by Seriously700; 05-21-14 at 01:20 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Okay so it looks like as long as the library is upgraded at all there is a chance. I will upgrade one my libraries tomorrow after I find out what I DON'T need for the upcoming adventure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast