Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Phoenix's Prison - Levels 295 - 300

Whew! Took awhile to be able to get past the doom jewels in 299, then longer to have enough moves left to put out the flames. I finally had a "lucky" round though, where I could combine a diamond + blaster, then a blaster + bomb a little later. Then I had a perfect 3-match right above my last 3 flames--whoo-hoo! Had 7 or 8 moves left, too, which brought me up to 2 stars (thank Goodness!) This level was not one of my favorite moves levels, though (prob bcuz of the doom jewels...)

O. M. G.! I can't believe I made it to Level 300! Who'd a'thunk it?
    300: 30 fire in 1:10 (5JC.) This level isn't my kinda fun at all. A timed...fire...doom jewel level--that's no way to celebrate reaching the 300th level! I've played it twice so far & managed to get thru the doomies, but couldn't put out the fire. The time goes by super fast. Ugh, just icky-ugh!

Yay! I made it through...300's not impossible after all (!) If you start pushing the fire back right away, and keep up with the doom jewels, then you just need a little luck. Oh, and to move fast, Fast, FAST. As the board opens up, it's pretty easy to make specials & combos. I used a diamond + blaster, and while it was still detonating, combined a blaster + bomb near the bottom. It wiped out all the fire! And with that, I'm off to Clock Tower's Call. Whoopee!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Passed 296 finally. Got lucky--another one of those "surprise" passes, actually. I suddenly realized I'd done it and went, "Huh?" But hey, I'll take it, lol! Another blaster + bomb success (plus a diamond...) Not to mention, lots of furious swiping!

Level 297: 50 glass in 35 moves (5 JC.) This was a lot of fun, but very challenging. The black jewels really get in your way if you don't blast or bomb some of them. The moves are very tight, so it might take awhile to get the right board (took me a few tries.) Passed this with a diamond + blaster combo followed by a blaster + bomb. Enjoyed this!

Level 298: Dig 17 meters in 2:10 (5 JC.) Whoa, gotta move fast on this one. I've played it 10 times so far, and I've never been able to get the last L&C opened. Trying to use the prev suggestion of color-changing the ice/white blocks to the L&C color, but it's not always feasible. Also trying to use special jewels and big combos to clear lots of jewels, but still so difficult to get to the bottom in the alotted time. Diamonds are very helpful in this round...I seem to get further when I have lots (just like any level, lol!) Still working on this and wishing for more time!

Changes~ 297: +5 moves; 298: +15 seconds
    Hi Kiki,
    I haven't played but a few times the last few weeks. My dad passed away and on April 26 after the burial I stepped in a dip/hole and broke ankle x3 as well as dislocated it. In hospital a week had surgery now can't put a pound on it for 4-6 weeks. Ughhh having a tough time with 296 flames spreads fast!!

Hi, so sorry to hear about all that (sending you a PM.) Good luck on 296, that was a tough one. I just did a lot of fast swiping, and a blaster + bomb combo finally wiped out the rest of the flames for me. (You know how when you do a big combo, and sometimes as the jewels fall in they create bonus matches...they gave me a "surprise win.") Hope you get lucky & pass very soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12