Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story Theme Suggestions

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Would love a chocolate theme! I think it would go very well on Valentine's Day
    They've already done a chocolate theme. Overall I'd say it was so-so.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure we're due for goals next week, but whether or not we get goals, I really hope we get some autumn-themed items. I want to redecorate my restaurant for the season and can't find very much! I know there's a box, but some seasonal updates would be really nice too...

Some things like butternut squash soup, cinnamon rolls, a pile of leaves with a rake next to it, a nice warm fireplace...

Also, if past goal items ever become available again (please TeamLava, make this happen! If only for Black Friday if nothing else!), I'd really like to be able to get the Leaf Pile. It's such a cute piece and would be great for the season!

It's just so cute!
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 08-29-14 at 01:45 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I really wanted a sphinx and a Egyptian waiter and waitress.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaFoodie View Post
    I really wanted a sphinx and a Egyptian waiter and waitress.
    It could still happen There's a lot TL could still do with an Egyptian theme, including what you said above and what others (myself included) have suggested in previous posts. Maybe as a box if nothing else; a lot of these suggestions could work really well as floor decorations, and I'm sure TL could easily come up with 9 different items.

I hope we get some diversity if there are people included in the update though. We get an Egyptian update but no Egyptians? Really, TL? -_- The Treasure Room was a great opportunity to include them; I'm sad they didn't

On the topic of more Egyptian items: a snake charmer would be neat!

On the topic of autumn updates, though: TL, may we please have some TREES? That's not to say we never get them (we got a Blossom Grove in April; a tree swing with Summer Fun; and of course as tables, chairs, and counters), but when we get them as floor decorations, they're usually conjoined with other items (ex. the Blossom Grove had a path and a kimono girl; Summer Fun has two children underneath a tree; the Spring Garden had two trees in the background with three travelers in front; etc.). The few trees we have on their own are either boxed (as with the Penjing Tree and Potted Palm) or highly stylized (like the True Love tree from the February Goals earlier this year), and neither are fit for outdoor decoration. May we please have some standalone tree decorations? And can we also get autumn trees with browning leaves? We can't have leaf piles without autumn tree leaves

Thank you!

And maybe Lava Girl could make an appearance during one of our autumn goals? She's certainly orange enough to fit in

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    ^Agree with the poster above me. The 'Italian pizzeria' update back in March was a good start, but I'd really like to see it expanded. We have a pizza display counter, a leaning tower of pizza, and even a pizza clock, but not very many pizza recipes. The only ones I can think of are Heart Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza, and Benchwarmer Pizza (but the last one came with the March goals, so not everyone may have it). Looking up a few more gives the Food Replicator's Star Pizza, and the Drum Set Oven's Hi-Hat Pizza. That's only 5 pizzas recipes! My pizzeria dreams are crumbling

I'd love to see an appliance like a wood-fired pizza oven. We could get pizza recipes like the classic cheese pizza, perhaps a vegetable pizza, a white pizza, barbeque chicken pizza, and of course, a Margherita pizza. Expanding on this, we could perhaps also get flatbreads like a mushroom flatbread and also calzones, including a spinach-ricotta calzone (yum!)

Hopefully that sort of thing would be added as a stand-alone appliance, available free from monthly goal sets so everyone could get it, but that's not my decision to make
    Oh my goodness... this is happening too! At least partially from what I'm seeing right now - I'll have to finish the goals to see the entirety of this update THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! #TeamLavaLove #LetMeLoveYou
    (Does this forum allow hashtags? I'm starting them anyway )

I'm so happy; this looks like a really great update! Now if only past goal items will be brought back for sale this Black Friday, I'll be over the moon! ♥♥♥♥♥ Thank you!

New Resident
    Not been here too long so I may have missed this theme if they have done something similar before. How about classic French or Italian foods? Maybe those here who are French and Italian can help me out more here in terms of the decoration Europe is not a cultural homogenous blob and there are surely wallpapers and decorative items that could reflect French and Italian culture without being too cheesy. Food wise you have a wealth of things to draw upon. Gnocchi, pastas, desserts, lasagne, cannaloni etc for Italy. Croissant, pain au chocolat, coq au vin, cassolet, croque monsieur and madame for France.

Alternatively maybe a bread theme? Cooking lots of different kinds of breads. Not sure how that would work out decoration wise though. If it can be done for pizza though ....

Rhino Keeper
    Remember. You agreed with me pixie gamer.

Love this update too. Maybe next weeks recipe would be garlic toast or lasagna! That would be wonderful.

I hope they bring back the mummy pizza too. I still want prime rib too.
    Last edited by MamaFoodie; 09-04-14 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaFoodie View Post
    Remember. You agreed with me pixie gamer.

Love this update too. Maybe next weeks recipe would be garlic toast or lasagna! That would be wonderful.

I hope they bring back the mummy pizza too. I still want prime rib too.
    Of course, of course! ;D Congrats!

Never seen the mummy pizza before, but with the Egyptian goals just behind us that would be wonderful to see brought back - maybe for Halloween?