Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story Theme Suggestions

Rhino Keeper
    Spanish theme
    German theme
    Dutch theme
    Polish theme

Anyone else have any ideas for country themes they never did before? Maybe those would be cool too. Bring on the world variety!
    Last edited by planetpeace12; 04-01-16 at 08:44 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    More Mexican food would be great. Give us recipes for tacos, tamales, chimichangas, and enchiladas. They would be a nice addition to the basic stove.

Rhino Keeper
    Please bring back the GARDEN ARCHWAY. Is so beautiful!! I can't have it because is blocked for me. Or design something similar, can you S8?

Rhino Keeper
    Talking about themes, I wish a musical theme, with bands and musicians and more musical staff but please let's be all for coins!

Rhino Keeper
    It looks like S8 finally listened and took one of my suggestions and gave us a Spanish themed goal. Thank you for adding a new international theme.

Rhino Keeper
    How about a Police Mans Ball?? Wouldn't that be fun? Fancy dress a tuxedo flowers or have the kiddies dressed in police officer uniforms. With a nice cooker and policemen oriented foods. Or a fireman's charity ball or dance? A big thing here in small towns are benefits or dinners for veterans clubs. Dances balls oh Chinese auctions are so fun. Maybe but I like the policeman's ball. Could even have a police dog in uniform. Be super cute!

Fashion Designer
    Surely Storm8 is vamping up for another Olympics theme in both RS and Bakery..... Right guys? Please? I would love to see weightlifters, archers, gymnasts, pole vaulter (actually vaulting over a bar!), high dive, synchronized swimming... Lots of great material in that theme.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Olympics Revival [Picture-Heavy]

Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    Surely Storm8 is vamping up for another Olympics theme in both RS and Bakery..... Right guys? Please? I would love to see weightlifters, archers, gymnasts, pole vaulter (actually vaulting over a bar!), high dive, synchronized swimming... Lots of great material in that theme.
    I agree with this... I'd love to see Olympics content in RS in August, especially returning content from 2012's World Games version. There was a lot of content in that edition, and with the Olympics starting up again in 2016, it's a perfect time to consider bringing them back!

Firstly, this reintroduction (if it happens) introduces the possibility of bringing back old goals (not just items, but the actual goals, step-by-step), which people on the forums have asked for repeatedly in the past. Since the World Games edition was released four years ago, there are a number of players who weren't around at the time (myself included!) who I'm sure would appreciate the opportunity to earn the goal items! And for older players who did complete the goals four years ago, it would give them the chance to earn another set of goal prizes free of charge! This is also a pretty good incentive, considering that all the goal prizes from back then had a gem price tag.

Failing this, however, simply unlocking the goal prizes from back then and allowing players to purchase them would be a great gesture in itself. Bakery Story's corresponding goal prizes from its World Games (the Sync Swimming, Ring Fountain, and Poseidon Fountain) are freely available, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for the same to happen in RS. Additionally, this also satisfies another common request on the forums by players: to bring back old goal prizes for purchase (and this is also something that has happened in RS in the past, with the April 2014 Blossom goal items that were brought back for everyone to purchase).

The World Games goal prizes for RS are the World Couch, Gold Medal Greeter, and Summer Sport Podium (pictures below). All three would be great to see returned this summer!

And of course, the appliances would be great to have as well! Ice Cream is a summer staple, regardless of the Olympics, while the recipes on the Fire Pit grill are tropical and tasty:

And this doesn't even touch the plethora of content that was introduced for this theme! From the sport-themed tables, to the British recipes introduced for regular appliances, to Stormy and Lava Girl (whom I would love to have in my restaurant!), this update had a ton of stuff! And it would be great to see as much of it brought back as possible!

New market content:

New regular appliance recipes:

Scotch Egg (Regular Stove)

Toad in a Hole, Pudding with Currants (Regular Oven)

If not for the Olympics, the regular appliance recipes would be great to see back for a British restaurant theme
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Summer Sport Crate

It's also occurred to me that RS could celebrate summer with summer sports! With the exception of the rather old Football Crate, we don't really have a crate or box that focuses on sporty activities. This could be a really nice way of introducing more sports-related content to RS (aside from the Olympics revival, of course ).

The reason I'm suggesting a box rather than a usual update is because there already exist some sports-themed tables and chairs (and sometimes counters as well), with few corresponding floor decorations to help flesh out a theme. This could really help restauranteurs flesh out their sporty themes in their restaurant. There are more than the standard 8-per-box here, but I hope most of them will make it in

Suggestions:

1x1
    • Swimsuit Phoebe! - With summer being hot hot hot, it's best to cool down with a dunk in the pool, and Phoebe needs her special outfit! I imagine her in a polka-dot one-piece wearing an inner tube, but that's just my take on it.
    • Jogging Gran-Gran - Gran-Gran in a track suit to keep healthy during those summer months
    • Karate Chop Lee - Action Chef Lee practicing his s****s chopping through multiple wooden blocks. Gotta keep those chopping s****s sharp!
    • Stretcher - a person stretching before starting their exercise routine. Can't forget the stretches!

2x2
    • Bikers - two people on bikes biking side by side as they get fit.
    • Golf Putter - a person getting ready to hit the golf ball with their club, maybe into a nearby hole with a flag sticking out of it. This could really also be 2x1 depending on how it's drawn.

• Archery - one or two archers practicing to hit a target a ways away. This could come in doubly useful in a Ren Faire theme!

3x3
    • Cheering Fans - a legion of fans sitting in the bleachers cheering for their favorite players!
    • Basketball Practice - four kids playing basketball with each other. This could complement the March 2014 basketball content really well, but also be good on its own to establish a basketball scene

• Soccer Match - two teams of kids kicking a ball around. We've already got soccer-themed tables, chairs, and counters to go with this!

• Surf's Up! - a surfer balancing on their surfboard as the waves crest behind them

• Frisbee - a kid playing frisbee with their dog

4x4
    • Tennis Court - a giant tennis court with four kids enjoying a game of doubles. This would especially be nice to have, since we have old tennis chairs and tables that could go with this very nicely!

• Baseball Diamond - kids enjoying a friendly game of baseball in the summer months

And, as always, if any of this gets added to the game, I implore S8's artists to feature boys and girls of different skin tones/ethnicities in their designs. Thanks in advance if any of this makes it in!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Rhino Keeper
    Not once did I read "creepy monkeys with pizza and bananas"