Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story Theme Suggestions

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LGO217 View Post
    I would love to see a Paris/French theme with GOAL items like the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triomphe. Perhaps the tables and chairs could look like bistros sets for outdoor cafes. Recipes could include croissants, baguettes, crepes, ratatouille, coffee/espresso and champagne/wine. I know it almost sounds like BS stuff, but don't some restaurants have some of these items too? RS also needs more dividers to choose from like wrought iron dividers for the french theme. I loved the idea of large windows like what we just had for the Cruise Ship theme, but for the French theme you could make those large French double windows and even the door can have a nice window in it too. Decor items can include the Mona Lisa painting, large posters that read, "Bon Appetit" or "Bistro Francais", or french style outdoor lamps, traditional sconces for the wall, a display of a French guy painting on a canvas while wearing a beret (that could be a goal item actually). You could also include some large street trees, large flowers in a vase, or even a French waiter, a free standing vintage style watering can. Black & white strip with wainscoting would make a nice wall paper for indoor style or even a damask pattern and somehow a wall paper featuring a ******d scallop edge awning for outdoor styles.

Anyway, I think you get my drift. Now get to it...chop, chop. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by hodorf View Post
    Not been here too long so I may have missed this theme if they have done something similar before. How about classic French or Italian foods? Maybe those here who are French and Italian can help me out more here in terms of the decoration Europe is not a cultural homogenous blob and there are surely wallpapers and decorative items that could reflect French and Italian culture without being too cheesy. Food wise you have a wealth of things to draw upon. Gnocchi, pastas, desserts, lasagne, cannaloni etc for Italy. Croissant, pain au chocolat, coq au vin, cassolet, croque monsieur and madame for France.

Alternatively maybe a bread theme? Cooking lots of different kinds of breads. Not sure how that would work out decoration wise though. If it can be done for pizza though ....

just took down my french restaurant in favor of halloween - i used the recent eiffel tower and french tables/chairs/counters/wallpaper, along with the stuff from the kitchen box with its traditional chefs (and the mona lisa--you were really on top of this one LGO217, although it came in different updates), but i wish they'd added some french foods, like you suggested. they really don't have that much, considering it's one of the world's great cuisines. i ended up cooking tataki de canard, lamb chops & artichokes the whole time (curry pommes frites were too downmarket), along with the desserts which were a little better (crepes, mousse, cream puffs, creme brulee, and some other chocolate stuff i can't remember right now). but the savory foods i was really reaching for.

so yeah, fancy french foods please!
    Last edited by twospoons; 10-14-14 at 02:31 AM. Reason: i hate typos.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

For Thanksgiving, I would love to see some pumpkin log dessert or pumpkin whoopie pies. I think there was a Turduckhen before, can't remember...but it would be cool to see one this year anyway. Or a deep fried turkey.

New Resident
    A bar theme! Barista, barstools....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomejujubeans View Post
    For Thanksgiving, I would love to see some pumpkin log dessert or pumpkin whoopie pies. I think there was a Turduckhen before, can't remember...but it would be cool to see one this year anyway. Or a deep fried turkey.
    The turducken fryer only had 1 recipe, the turducken,of course. I timed things right last holidays season. I cooked on both the Turducken Fryer and the Holiday Drink machine over both holidays.(the holiday drink machine has 2 recipes. Ud think they might've also had a hot apple cider as a 3rd offering.) I only had 1 of ea appliance since I'd purchased them back in my newbie days b4 I knew I could have more than 1 of ea extra appliance. The holiday drinks were both very pretty when served.
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 10-26-14 at 05:56 PM.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomejujubeans View Post
    hey, maybe they are planning a deep fried turkey this year--it would explain why they gave us a firefighter box!
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

New Resident
    Celebrity theme with funny miniatures of some famous celebrities. Option for changing the color of wallpaper and flooring. Princess theme for girls and cars for boys. Colored with vibrant colors and some darker color themes, because the black color that has the wallpaper is not so dark. More foods to cook and with a not so long time. Can be inspired by themes of countries. Typical foods of various countries as well.
    I like having neighbors. Feel free to add me on Restaurant Story. ID: Brobsit

Rhino Keeper
    I have a few ideas...
    #1) Like others I think a medieval theme would be cool. Floor prize could be a castle, little things could be a knight on a horse, princess, dragon, court jester. Wall paper could be stone blocks, with a gem option of pointed or crossed windows. There could be a hurst challenge with stone soup, 7 day soup and you'll think of something else TL
    Another challenge could be a rotisserie challenge with rotisserie chicken, pork, beef or duck.
    And a drink challenge with Mead, apple cider and wine.
    #2) a heaven/olympia theme. Floor decorations could be pearly gates, a harp playing angel, angels laying on their stomaches on a cloud looking down, a fountain, angels playing hopscotch and a tree of life, maybe branches with gold shining out.
    #3) in the same vein, a hell/hades theme. Floor decorations could be a 3 headed dog, river stixx, random flames, little horned pheobe with pitchfork...
    #4) cochella/ Folk fest/Woodstock type theme! Floor decorations could be tents, an RV or trailor, stage with guitar playing act, concession stands, porta potties, Bon fire. Wallpaper night sky with northern lights.
    #5) a Northern Canadian theme! Floor decorations could be an igloo, polar bear, skidoo, moose, Canada geese, and again the wallpaper could be northern lights!
    #6) winter sports theme. Ice dancers, skiers, snowboarders, a toboggan/skeleton run, curling.
    And that's all I've got for now aside for a little house on the prairies theme!

I would like previous ovens available for a limited time, as some of them were for goals i missed.

Add sarajones44 3&4 star players only

Rhino Keeper
    A southwest theme.

Or anything that incorporates French Bulldogs!
    Last edited by barbaraann72; 11-17-14 at 08:39 PM.

Host(ess)
    I want a ninja theame like it includes:Ninja stove.recpies 1:moms,2 fortune cookie,3 rice balls.and ninja blade table,ninja blade stool,ninja waiter,sword wallpaper,noodles tiles,grand price:ninja town.