Page 35 of 127 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Theme Suggestions

Can we please get a Chinese oven to make Chinese Buns?

I want to make a Cocktail Bun (coconut filled), Steamed Red Bean Buns, Moon Cakes, Chinese Sausage Bun, Jin deui (Sesame Seed Balls), and so much more (there's a whole list of Chinese bakery items on wikipedia). There can be a separate oven for steamed buns and baked buns. It would also be nice to have a drink maker for bubble tea and milk tea.

Also Super Buttery Cheesy Desserts (from german descent)!

Schnecken (super buttery awesomeness with raisons)

Double Butter Coffee Cake

Cheese Danishes

Cheese Crowns

Overall I would just really like more ethnic desserts and desserts from around the world.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhoi View Post

I want to make a Cocktail Bun (coconut filled), Steamed Red Bean Buns, Moon Cakes, Chinese Sausage Bun, Jin deui (Sesame Seed Balls), and so much more (there's a whole list of Chinese bakery items on wikipedia). There can be a separate oven for steamed buns and baked buns. It would also be nice to have a drink maker for bubble tea and milk tea.

Cheese Danishes

Cheese Crowns

Overall I would just really like more ethnic desserts and desserts from around the world.
    They look yummy!! Bubble tea would be cool. And the Danishes are a must ( love them things ) also what about some layered jello like deserts.

Ohh a 50s style theme with Gelatin desserts!

Here's some inspiration:

Peaches and Cream Gelatin Salad

Gelatin Flower Cake

(Yes that's 100% Jello. They're really big in Mexico City)

Mosaic Gelatin Squares

Jello City

Really any crazy type molded Gelatin would do

And a thanksgiving favorite Cranberry Gelatin Salad

The Gelatin Maker could be a mini fridge with where you mix the gelatin then cool it.

Edit: Also I know we already had the tea update (I missed it), but I would really like a small side table with a serving of High Tea on it. There are three plates on it, one is Scones with jam and cream, the next finger sandwiches, and the thirds is cookies and cakes. It would also have a teapot and a teacup on the little table.

Like these:
    Last edited by andyhoi; 10-23-14 at 01:32 PM. Reason: To add

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterz_grimm View Post
    Greek Gods Theme

Sherbert Iland Theme (example: sherbert volcano)

Cotton Candy Dream Theme

Farmers Market Theme (with strawberries, blueberries, etc.)

Bake Sale Theme (could have a more difficult goal challenge for this one)

Beasties Theme (cute monsters)

Sparkling Theme

Sweet n Spicey Theme

Cheese Danishes

Cheese Crowns

I love everything here! Also with the Sweet and Spicy idea, because I'm imagining some cinnamon stuff.

Executive Chef
    wow! some really great ideas lately!

I think my favorites of jesterz grimm's were the Farmers Market Theme, which is great for both fall & spring, although with different fruits, the Bake Sale Theme (yay for more difficult goals! not good for newbies, but I'm giving my own opinion, not advocating for others) and Beasties Theme, which would have been perfect for halloween, which hasn't gotten enough content this year.

Also,

Also Super Buttery Cheesy Desserts (from german descent)! Schnecken (super buttery awesomeness with raisins), Double Butter Coffee Cake, Cheese Danishes, Cheese Crowns

Agreed. Not really a fan of Danish in real life, but would love them in the game! And always love multi-culturalism.

Ohh a 50s style theme with Gelatin desserts!

Here's some inspiration:

Peaches and Cream Gelatin Salad, Gelatin Flower Cake

(Yes that's 100% Jello. They're really big in Mexico City)

Mosaic Gelatin Squares, Jello City, Really any crazy type molded Gelatin would do, and a thanksgiving favorite Cranberry Gelatin Salad

The Gelatin Maker could be a mini fridge with where you mix the gelatin then cool it.

Edit: Also I know we already had the tea update (I missed it), but I would really like a small side table with a serving of High Tea on it. There are three plates on it, one is Scones with jam and cream, the next finger sandwiches, and the thirds is cookies and cakes. It would also have a teapot and a teacup on the little table.
    Just had to repost because that flower gelatin thing is amazing, despite my general attitude toward gelatin. Pretty pictures of the tea service too! That would be neat.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Just had to repost because that flower gelatin thing is amazing, despite my general attitude toward gelatin. Pretty pictures of the tea service too! That would be neat.
    They could also do just a flower Gelatin Set! Here's some more inspiration:

Flower Gelatin Flutes

Flower Gelatin Cupcakes

And a Flower Gelatin Cake

I would also LOVE to see a Sugar Sculpture Appliance. It can have Pulled Sugar, Poured Sugar, Blown Sugar, and a Sugar Sculpture that includes all three.

Pulled Sugar Ribbon

Poured Sugar Penguins

Blown Sugar Fruits

Sugar Sculpture (that includes all three techniques)

Rhino Keeper
    Wow andy!
    Last edited by zaaracake; 10-25-14 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Typo fix

Executive Chef
    Pulled & blown sugar is a FAN-FRIKKIN-TASTIC idea. I have always wanted to learn to do that in real life. Our bakeries could host a showpiece competition! Smaller mid-way goal prize could be a chocolate sculpture, end prize could be a sugar sculpture like the ones you posted. One oven could make ribbon candy and those big lollipops with the ******s, since those require rudimentary sugar s****s, and the other could be a chocolate tempering machine that makes mendiants and molded chocolates (again, s**** perfecting until you start with the sculpture building). Good for a candy Christmas theme too!
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Pulled & blown sugar is a FAN-FRIKKIN-TASTIC idea. I have always wanted to learn to do that in real life. Our bakeries could host a showpiece competition! Smaller mid-way goal prize could be a chocolate sculpture, end prize could be a sugar sculpture like the ones you posted. One oven could make ribbon candy and those big lollipops with the ******s, since those require rudimentary sugar s****s, and the other could be a chocolate tempering machine that makes mendiants and molded chocolates (again, s**** perfecting until you start with the sculpture building). Good for a candy Christmas theme too!
    Ohh I love it! A giant sugar sculpture as a reward would be lovely. As for chocolates there aren't too many different techniques used in a Chocolate sculpture, but the categories for the World Chocolate Masters are Molded Pralines, Cake, Dipped Pralines, Show Piece and Desserts.

Chocolat Raspberry Hazelnut Layer Cake

Chocolate Pineapple Honey Layer Cake

Desserts

Moulded Pralines

Dipped Pralines:

Show Pieces

These are all pieces from the World Chocolate Master Competition.
    Last edited by andyhoi; 10-26-14 at 07:05 PM.

Executive Chef
    oh, or one of the prizes could be three sculptures together on a rectangular table, like a first-second-third place thing! (only without any blue ribbons or anything on it, cause that would make it less pretty.)