Page 34 of 127 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Theme Suggestions

I believe a 50's theme would be great, or even a graduation theme

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kavitu View Post
    How about a Bollywood theme? We can ovens that make gulab jamun, kaju barfi, jalebi. A drink machine serving aampana, thandai, lassi. Bright colorful tables and chairs with Indian prints and motifs (elephants, peacock etc.) Matching counters and wall papers can be done in interesting pictures of taj mahal. We can have a Bollywood dancing diva in a Saree as a floor decoration mannequin. Also since diwali is coming up soon u can include diyas and twinkling lights. As its the festival of lights!
    i have no idea what most of that is (except lassi), but it sounds good! and also like i need to eat more indian food. i think after the holidays though, even though it would miss diwali.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDollarsCafe View Post
    I would like to see a vintage theme....let's bring in some of the glamour from the 40s....swing dancing...pinups....big bands....old cars....movie stars...jazz.....it was such a romantically beautiful period.
    recipe suggestion: blondie bombshell (no blondies in this game, and i love them)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    Kitchen/Bakery Theme

Here are some basic ideas ..... the ingredients and equipment are common items, most people have them in their kitchens at home. The appliances are something we all have at home too, bakeries just have BIG appliances. I really wish we had these items in the game, they are necessities to baking

Ingredients - Eggs, sugar (white/brown/confectioners), butter, bottle of vanilla, milk, cream, whipped cream, cream cheese, nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts, etc.), filo dough, baking soda, baking powder, berries, chocolate, cinnamon (and other spices), honey, caramel, gum paste and fondant (a person making flowers with these ingredients), frosting, food color/dye, vegetable oil ...

Equipment -measuring spoons/ measuring cups, whisk, flour sifter, cookie cutters, cake pans, cookie sheets, spatula, copper pots on shelves, pastry cutter, doughnut cutter, icing bags and tips (not in a box) ...

Appliances - industrial ovens (at least 2x2), refrigerators (not in a box), BIG sinks (and dirty dishes and a person washing dishes), mixers (the ones in bakeries sit on the floor... they are HUGE), NEW kitchen cabinets (we only have one) ...
    I agree with the need for more actual kitchen stuff (so much more they could do than what was in that one box, although unlike you I don't object to boxes), but besides the appliance, how do you imagine these fitting as decorations? we have the large flour sacks, and i could see large sugar sacks, but veggie oil? do you mean a set of shelves with those ingredients on them? (or a fridge with the ingredients in it instead of finished product?)

would love a pastry chef making gum paste flowers though, that sounds cool. maybe with a naked or half-finished cake next to her so you can see what she's planning?

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabyyy View Post
    You should make like a disney world theme like put mickey minnie goofy decorations
    That's Disney's intellectual property. TL can't use it without a (very expensive) license.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    how do you imagine these fitting as decorations? we have the large flour sacks, and i could see large sugar sacks, but veggie oil? do you mean a set of shelves with those ingredients on them? (or a fridge with the ingredients in it instead of finished product?).
    I would love to see the items just like they would be in a real bakery. It would be great to see some items in storage and some being used.

Storage ... On shelves (free standing, maybe 3 or 4 shelves high), in cubboards, in drawers, on racks (metal or wood), in refrigerators (yes, the ingredients in the fridge), hung on hooks on the wall, in crates or boxes on the floor, in open bins, etc.

I would love if we had an entire rack of pans (cookie sheets, cupcake pans, spring form pans) and an entire rack of ingredients (sugar, baking soda, vanilla, etc). Instead of bookcases I wish we had shelves of kitchen items.

Being Used ... On work tables, I would love to be able to see something cooking in an oven, a person measuring ingredients or adding ingredients to a mixer.

I love your idea of half finished cakes... a table filled with dozens of cookies that were being frosted would be good too.

And everything BIG ... not just one bottle of oil, but an entire shelf of oil .

I still dont understand why to bother if we get an astronaut theme in the middle of October, they just dont read and dont care!
    Waiting for goals at FS since 2013

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by irlanda_c View Post
    I still dont understand why to bother if we get an astronaut theme in the middle of October, they just dont read and dont care!
    Been seeing a trend of Team Lava doing their own thing. We ask and ask and they just ignore. Some times you see a little glimmer of recognition in something they do, but rarely. I realize they can't give EVERYTHING that is requested, but Geez guys! Maybe we need to B o y c o t t! LOL! It's fall! Can we get some fall goodies?!?

Rhino Keeper
    More recipes!!!! Pudding, cheesecakes, what about candy?? Peanut butter balls, muffins, ect... I know we have some, but expand on it.

The new decor that recently came out (starry wallpaper, flooring) was pretty cool--IMO. Only suggestions, but I would think it'd be cool to maybe see an ancient Egypt theme, anything relating to nature (mountains, waterfalls), storm theme (lightning, clouds, rain, tornadoes), newspaper theme, archaeology theme or an ancient ruins theme, safari theme, or an antique theme....There may have been a time when one of these themes have been released or something related in some sort but I'm going off of the recent design lists. Thanks!!

Greek Gods Theme

Sherbert Iland Theme (example: sherbert volcano)

Cotton Candy Dream Theme

Farmers Market Theme (with strawberries, blueberries, etc.)

Bake Sale Theme (could have a more difficult goal challenge for this one)

Beasties Theme (cute monsters)

Sparkling Theme

Sweet n Spicey Theme

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterz_grimm View Post
    Greek Gods Theme

Sherbert Iland Theme (example: sherbert volcano)

Cotton Candy Dream Theme

Farmers Market Theme (with strawberries, blueberries, etc.)

Bake Sale Theme (could have a more difficult goal challenge for this one)

Beasties Theme (cute monsters)

Sparkling Theme

Sweet n Spicey Theme
    I like! All good ideas. Would be able to do a lot with it. What about no-bake cookies?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterz_grimm View Post
    Greek Gods Theme
    That's what I'd suggest, a Grecian / Olympus Gods theme