Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radiated Dunes - Levels 277 - 282

I'm so glad you're back! Let me guess--was it a fire level that made you want to stop playing? I know there were some tough ones in Abode Ablaze...'course there have been lots of crazy ones that have made me question what I'm doing. Especially when I remind myself it's a game & supposed to be fun, lol! Anyway, happy you're posting again...you always have good advice & strategies!
    *hi five* back!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    I'm so glad you're back! Let me guess--was it a fire level that made you want to stop playing? I know there were some tough ones in Abode Ablaze...'course there have been lots of crazy ones that have made me question what I'm doing. Especially when I remind myself it's a game & supposed to be fun, lol! Anyway, happy you're posting again...you always have good advice & strategies!
    *hi five* back!

Thank you... Omg yessss it was level 249 lol. If it wasnt for that level I would be farther now, grrr.

Level 277: 32 glass in 1:55 (4JC.) With only 4 jewel colors (JC,) this level's a special jewel extravaganza! Lots of blasters, bombs, & diamonds...and they're much-needed with all you need to accomplish here. They added 15 seconds, but I wish they'd add just a little more--might give me a chance of passing it, lol! It's not bad for a timed level, prob cuz so many special jewels and combos. So far, I've been using Aileeniweeni's tips & tried OmniBliss' tip (using diamonds for the separated jewels vs. combined w/blaster.) I'm definitely getting further, but sure wish I had a little more time to get those hard-to-reach jewels!

I did it! It took a day of energies, but I finally passed 277. I got 3 diamonds, and I swapped 'em with colors in the separated areas (starting with the upper--hardest to reach--colors.) It worked! Also had many blaster + bomb combos. Plus I just swiped like crazy, lol.

278-Can someone please check this challenge? Could've sworn it said complete "in 85 seconds" (but it's a moves level.)

Level 278: 16 fire in 30 moves (5JC.) Passed with a blaster + bomb 2nd row from bottom (center.) Moves are tight on this, so it's important to get through crates quickly. I made sure I had a flat (horiz.) match against the crates each time to get started right away...or I restarted the level. Enjoyed this!

Level 279: Dig 6 meters in 60 moves (6JC.) I passed this one on my first try. Not sure if I got lucky or if it's fairly easy. I didn't break the crates on the sides much, just dug straight down the middle. With all 6 colors in use, I was afraid there wouldn't be enough special jewel action, but I was able to combine a blaster + bomb to knock out some super dirt quickly. Fun level!

Level 280: 14 fire in 35 moves (5JC.) Tried this twice--the 2nd time I got down to 1 flame--so close! (A diamond + blaster took out the side flames, leaving only the middle to deal with. I made a mistake/overlooked a move that prob would've helped me pass. Doh!) Fun to play so far...

Moves added: 278~ +5; 279~ +10; 280~ +10

Host(ess)
    278-Can someone please check this challenge? Could've sworn it said complete "in 85 seconds" (but it's a moves level.)
    Sheesh, Phaedrakiki, you're making us look bad!

Thanks for the catch!

Cheers!

Lol! I was going to PM you, Schnuffles, but I wasn't sure. It was off my screen by the time my brain went "huh?" But then I could no longer access it. I'm happy to see that you changed a timed level to moves, though (my obvious preference, lol!) Thank you for such a great game!

Host(ess)
    Lol! I was going to PM you, Schnuffles, but I wasn't sure. It was off my screen by the time my brain went "huh?" But then I could no longer access it. I'm happy to see that you changed a timed level to moves, though (my obvious preference, lol!) Thank you for such a great game!
    No, no, no: thank you for being such a loyal player! We'd be nothing without our Jewel Maniacs!

Passed 280 last night, shortly after my post about it. This time my diamond + blaster skipped the fire on both sides, but took out the middle area flames. Luckily though, I was able to extinguish the separated flames on the left & right with horiz. blasters. Actually got 3 stars on this one, even though I had lots of moves left.

Level 281: 18 fire in 1:40 (5JC.) They added 10 seconds to this one, but it's not helping me much. Most rounds, I can barely get the L&C open before the time runs out. And even when I do, there's no time for fire-fighting. The L&C'd snakes always seem to open on their own, but I haven't been focusing on ****ing them. Still, I'm not getting anywhere with the fire. Guess I need to find a way to get the lock and chain open faster. Bcuz putting out this fire feels kinda impossible. Help!

I can't believe it! I got soooo lucky on level 281. I was able to get the L&C open a bit earlier than usual with a couple blaster + bomb combos, then made a diamond & tried to get a blaster next to it. I ended up getting another diamond beside it instead. So I thought I'd experiment (never swapped 2 diamonds on a fire level before.) Well, it wiped out a ton of fire, but left several flames. So, it doesn't clear everything on the board like it does on dirt/super dirt levels. "Only" all the jewels on screen, like it does on glass levels. I kept swiping like crazy, putting out the straggler flames above. Still had a few flames below, too...and the countdown had started. I had a blaster in the bottom row, trying to find a way to detonate it. Finally, with like 2 seconds left, a bomb fell on top of the blaster. I swiped 'em, fearing the clock had run out. But luck was on my side--I made it just in time. Whew, that was close! Omg, my hands are shaking so bad. Need a break to recover now, lol!

Level 282: Dig 14 meters in 100 moves (5JC.) 20 moves added from orig. post. My luck continued last night...I passed this on my first try, using several blaster + bomb combos. Had 20 moves left, so I kept digging and combo-ing (diamond + blaster, blaster + bomb) hoping for a good score. Didn't get 3 stars, but 2's better than 1, lol. Fun level! This has been a pretty fun island, too! But now I'm off to Sylvan Bus Stop to play some more~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast