Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Shore - Levels 271 - 276

Fashion Designer

Mermaid Shore - Levels 271 - 276

ooh pretty new island! here's a pic of the pretty mermaid with bean dog in the background

Level 271... timed digging level with super dirt and doom jewels

the level changed since i was playing it yesterday. now there is 2:40 on the clock instead of 3:00. and now surprise doom jewels drop in as you play. yesterday there was only the 4 doom jewels on the start screen that you had to worry about. the doom jewels that drop in have a shorter count of 20 seconds compared to the 1:00 and 0:40 of the initial 4. so my main strategy was to target the doom jewels first, easiest by breaking the crates. and then create lots of special jewels to dig through the super dirt. always make sure to get rid of any doom jewels that drop in. if you can manage to make it to the goal line, the toughest area to get is the last layer of super dirt. still working on this one.

That looks crazy-difficult! Good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Level 272... fire moves level with surprise doom jewels

ok there is a twist to the doom jewels in this level. instead of having a moves count on them, they have a 0:30 timer!! so it feels totally bizarre trying to get rid of them. since 30 seconds is somewhat longer than the typical timers on surprise doom jewels, try to not waste too many moves on getting rid of them. easier said than done though... this level took me awhile and the hardest area to get rid of the fire is the bottom 2 rows. but it didn't take me as long to get through as it did with level 271. ouch that one took me almost a week! also the doom jewels are much "easier" to get rid of in this level than the doom jewels in level 271. when i finally passed level 271, the timer started at 2:20.. i only got one star and not sure if i'll come back for more! haha
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Fashion Designer
    Level 273... timed digging level with super dirt, snakes, and doom jewels

You always have 4 doom jewels on the start screen, 2 with 0:40 in the center and 2 with 1:15 in the corners. Your first move should be to match up the 3 green jewels that is circled in pink. This will make the red jewel drop on top of the super dirt, which will allow you to make a match with the doom jewels in the center and get rid of them. Note: the 3 green jewel match up will always be in the same position each round you play, BUT! both of the doom jewels in the center will not always be both red. The 0:40 doom jewel to the right will ALWAYS be red, so you can always start out with the move that i just outlined.

ok so then move like crazy to get rid of the remaining doom jewels! the snake eye colors will vary from round to round. but it won't matter if they're the same color because as the level moves down, only the left head will be visible, and the board won't move down until you get rid of the left snake. make lots of bombs/blasters/diamonds!!

mermaid shore so far has been a really tough region!!
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 274... fire moves level with snakes, crates, and restricted jewels

i focused on breaking the crates in the center. somehow i was able to make a horizontal blaster and it fell to the same level as the snake heads. so i was able to take them both out at the same time. that was really nice. and then i somehow made a bomb and blaster which fell on top of each other towards the middle and 2nd to bottom row. combined those two and wiped out the fire. i haven't had a lucky board like that in a looooooong time. i guess i was past due! and i'm so glad because this one seems like a tough one to beat.
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 275... digging timed level with super dirt and surprise doom jewels

this is where i currently am. the dirt and super dirt have an interesting shape in the start screen. lots of surprise doom jewels drop in with a timer of 0:25, they're not too bad to get rid of so far. i've gotten close to the bottom a few times, but i'm not moving as fast as i should be especially for a timed digging level. but with the super dirt, i keep trying to look for moves that will create a special jewel. but i want to hurry and see the next region already!!
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 276... timed digging level with super dirt and doom jewels

Finally the last level of this wretched island!! this was definitely one of the toughest regions for me! glad to be almost outta here!
    on the start screen you will have 4 doom jewels: 2 with timers 0:30 in the center, and 2 with timers 0:40 nearby. For the most part i was able to get rid of them, but some rounds they exploded on me. There will be random drops of extra doom jewels with shorter timers. I think they started around 20-25 seconds. So watch out for those. Once you start digging down and reach the area of the little peninsulas on the sides, those areas can be hard to reach so try to make blasters to get rid of those. Or maybe you'll get lucky with a match right on top of the dirt itself.

back to level 275... the time for me was pretty tight. and whenever i got close to the bottom, i'd barely have any time left. So try and hustle when you're in the upper areas of the board, so you'll have a bit more time on the bottom since you'll need special jewels to break the last bits of the super dirt.

Finally off to Radiated Dunes!!
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 07-03-13 at 01:05 PM. Reason: added link
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Arghh been stuck on 271, time is 2:40 but before I ran out the time, I got doom jewels exploded, mostly from the right side under the crates. Not much special jewel I can make, with focusing on 2 sides it's lil bit hard. If I ever reached until last row, I wouldn't have time to clear the row.
    Please, add lil bit more time here, like even 5 seconds is fine, peace....

Wow, you're speeding thru these islands! Nice!

Fashion Designer
    Again, I just used all my full energy for only seconds to get exploded, lol. Woahhh, I'm gonna stuck forever here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast