Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Koi Kingdom - Levels 265 - 270

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Hi finnth, wow are you moving fast! I wanted to clarify something about fire & 2 diamonds. On the previous island, I posted that swapping 2 diamonds will clear all dirt/super dirt onscreen in a digging level. But I read a post (I'll have to look for it,) that said the same move was pretty in-effective for fire. If you have lots of jewels touching the flames it'll work pretty good, but a big fire pit or a row of fire separated by a "window" or other barrier would probably not get extinguished. I'll find that post & put a link to it here in a bit... But I'm sorry to say, old gramps might not be all-powerful, lol! For fire, it might just be better to use the diamonds one-at-a-time...
    Hi again, finnth! Here's the post I mentioned about using 2 diamonds for fire. Maybe it works differently on various levels, though...have you tried it with fire yet? Be sure to let us know how it works for you!

Hi! Thank you, for the confirmation, probably when I swapped 2 diamonds the jewels touched the fires, I'm not really sure about that. It happened so fast on timed level, after i swapped it i passed. I think it was previous island before this one. I'll try again when I get 2 diamonds on fire level.

Really appreciate for your help. Thank you. I'll let you know again for sure...

Level 265: Dig 8 meters in 110 moves (5JC.) That's a lot of super dirt (s.d.!) But I actually passed on my first try. This was really fun (I was a little worried about getting thru all that s.d. at first!) Pretty straightforward--use lots of special jewels!

Level 266: Dig 15 meters in 125 moves (5JC.) Such a pretty level! This one took a couple tries, but I passed it with 3 stars (dug well beyond 15--no China ) You can make lots of special jewels here (& need to!) so it's really fun! I swapped 2 diamonds a couple times (on different rounds though,) which wipes all the dirt/super dirt from the screen. Awesome "gramps"!

Level 267: 20 fire in 1:05 (5JC.) Ah, the "moves" fun is over (for now.) Timed fire is so stressful for me--I'm hoping I don't have to play here long. Though this certainly doesn't look as bad as some. K, no more putting it off. Play it, already!

Changes: 265 - 35 added moves; 266 - 25 added moves; 267 - 5 seconds added, plus crates. Not much difference, but I'll add a photo of 267 on my next post.

Fashion Designer
    (...)Changes: 265 - 35 added moves; 266 - 25 added moves; 267 - 5 seconds added, plus crates. Not much difference, but I'll add a photo of 267 on my next post.
    ooh lots of extra moves added. but do you think they're a benefit or a disadvantage? because i reread the summaries of those levels and you can't pass the level until you finish up all your moves... meaning more doom jewels dropping in. but it looks like you passed with flying colors so it's probably a benefit!!
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

What a surprise, I actually passed 267. Each round, I tried to take control of the fire quickly, starting with a flat (horiz.) match touching the fire. (If I didn't have one, I'd restart the level 'til I did. Seemed to make a big difference.) I passed using a blaster + bomb in the middle/low on the board, which took out all but the lowest corners. Then I had matches next to each flame! Time ran out before I could make the 2nd match, so I had to press the "more time" button. I was stressed with shaking hands, and I didn't want to do that again (and who knows how long it would take to get that far again?) Now I'm done, with only moves levels left on this island. Yay!

Level 268: Dig 7 meters in 60 moves (5JC.) Took a couple tries (1st two ended by doom jewels--watch out!) But this was a lot of fun. Only passed with one star, though.

Level 269: 24 fire in 65 moves (5JC.) Passed this one on my first try, pretty fun! Didn't remember this while playing, but any time you have color-change/white blocks (ice) and lock & chain, it's a good idea to change the ice to the colors you need to unlock. This isn't always logical, but when you have a choice between matches...

Level 270: Dig 16 meters in 120 moves (5JC.) This is a special jewel extravaganza, but don't go too crazy playing with diamonds & forget how far you have to dig, lol! I did for a beat, but quickly got back on track & passed on my 1st attempt. Only 1 star, so I'll be playing again to improve upon that. Same goes for the other 1-starred levels on this island...need at least one more star before I can continue on~

Moves added - 268: +10; 269: +15; 270: +45

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    ooh lots of extra moves added. but do you think they're a benefit or a disadvantage? (...) meaning more doom jewels dropping in. (...)
    Lol, yeah it worked out! In almost all ways the extra moves are a benefit, but man that would suck to have a doomie detonate below the goal line!

This island has been such a joy with all the moves levels (5 of 6!) Koi Kingdom is actually a good name cuz of the sedate, tranquil levels here. But I took a peek ahead at Mermaid Shore--Yikes! Starts out with a timed doom jewel level that players have complained about (doubt I'll be the exception, haha.) There's also a moves level with timed doom jewels (takin' the joy right out of it!) I need to take a look around here...cuz I'm gonna miss it!

Rhino Keeper
    I love your un-"koi pondy" description, Aileeni! And wow, 266 is a very cool-looking level!
    On level 265 after trying quite a few times...I finally achieved goal...it said level complete with 10/8. But now it isn't showing I beat the level :-(
    Why would that be???

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VGailP View Post
    On level 265 after trying quite a few times...I finally achieved goal...it said level complete with 10/8. But now it isn't showing I beat the level :-(
    Why would that be???
    Hi VGailP, I had that happen a bunch of times on some level and it kept happening over and over. Eventually I contacted the support and they first to force quit the game and reopen it and try to beat the level again. If it still doesn't work then uninstall and reinstall the game. It'll save all your progress up until that level, but you'll still have to beat that specific one again.. It's frustrating on those hard levels, but the uninstall/reinstall worked for me and I was able to get through. Hope that helps!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by limonepledge View Post
    Hi VGailP, I had that happen a bunch of times on some level and it kept happening over and over. Eventually I contacted the support and they first to force quit the game and reopen it and try to beat the level again. If it still doesn't work then uninstall and reinstall the game. It'll save all your progress up until that level, but you'll still have to beat that specific one again.. It's frustrating on those hard levels, but the uninstall/reinstall worked for me and I was able to get through. Hope that helps!
    Yes I find it very frustrating. I have tried several times and can't achieve the goal again.
    Maybe other people have different results than I do,but I never seem to get more than some automated reply when contacting support or asking a question.
    On 264 the level before this one, it totally would do nothing..wouldn't allow me to use my gold(I needed just a couple more seconds after trying like 20 times so was going to buy time) wouldn't allow me to buy more..just as if it was dead. I posted a question but as always I never have received any replies from support, mods, or anything.
    I do appreciate your replies always! Thanks for being so nice and friendly with everyone!

Rhino Keeper
    I think it took about 2 weeks or me to hear back from support. I haven't had that problem with gold, so I hope it gets fixed soon. I have threatened to leave the game because it was hard and I was so frustrated. Sometimes if you just leave for a while or play easier levels to get a better score for a few days when you come back it seems easier. Could be because they add moves or time...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast