Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shark Cavern - Levels 259 - 264

Changes: 259 (prev.) - added 5 moves since post #1 (above.) 260 - added 30 seconds since post #2.

Level 260: Break 34 glass in 2:50 (5JC.) I've tried this a few times, and those darn stone jewels are the biggest barrier to passing this level. Even with all the other stuff going on. The snakes really do get ****ed easily while you're working on everything else. Stuff like bashing crates, making special jewels, blasting black jewels out of the way (not necessary, but nice if you do,) changing ice/white blocks, and most importantly...clearing stone jewels or moving them toward the center. Dealing with stone jewels stuck in double-glassed corners should be avoided if possible. I got close to passing every round but one, with only 1 or 2 glass left (w/stone jewels on them, of course.) Once I didn't get as far, cuz the screen reshuffled early on. Sometimes that can be an advantage, but not in this case. The ice & black jewels cluttered the board, making it difficult to make good moves. Gonna give it one more try before bedtime--gotta try to make quick yet smart choices regarding the stone jewels. The time limit on this feels doable (just gotta DO it, lol!)
    Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 05-03-14 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Typo

Passed 260, and I gotta say it wasn't bad for a timed level (yep, really said that!) It was challenging, but not stressful in having a ridiculously short timer. I only passed with one star, so I'll go back to improve that. But I'm too eager to move on (as always)...so not yet! Oh, I tried to only play levels with some good starting moves (against crates, snake-clearing, etc.) If I didn't have a good move or two, I restarted the level. That's cuz if you don't open up some space quickly it might reshuffle, and you don't want that. At least while you still have all those black jewels--they really impede progress!

Level 261: 14 fire in 30 moves (5JC.) Ouch, they took 5 moves away from this one, and it was already challenging (according to prev. posts.) This one looks tricky..restricted stone jewels! Phew! And as prev. mentioned, you can't change the stone jewel in its restricted state. Have to make a match/blast it to "unrestrict" it, then make a 4+ jewel match to change the stone jewel to a special. Difficult, & there are 8 of them! Here goes (at least it's a moves level, so there's time to strategize...)

Wow, I got a lucky board! I passed 261 on my first try. I followed OpeningCeremony's advice about starting with a snake-clearing move (or restart the level 'til you get one.) Then I seemed to get what I needed when I needed it. Had 3 diamonds I think, which I used to clear restricted jewels, put out fire, & the last was combined with a blaster which ****ed the rest of the fire! I didn't have to mess with the stone jewels much at all (cleared only one!) That was a nice surprise, and a fun level to play! Now another moves level...so excited!!

Level 262: 48 glass in 30 moves (5JC.) Omg, they reduced the moves by 15 (1/3 of them!) I got down to 46/48 my first attempt, & at least 40-something each round. And my last round, I got all but one glass...with a blaster pointing at it. Just needed another couple moves. Darn! From the 1st time I played, I restarted the level until I found good opening moves (doom or stone jewel-clearing.) I didn't want to waste moves. But then I stopped worrying about the doom jewels--they're actually not that bad. Just don't forget about them, lol. The upper jewels on far right & left columns seem to be the toughest-to-reach spots. So watch for moves to clear them (when "shopping" for a board to play, too. ) Of course you also have to try to clear the stone jewels, or move them to break the glass (double glass at the bottom.) Btw, the doom jewels & stone jewels are always the same color/in same position (with matching gem by its side.) Fun level, but still working on it. I will conquer! (Soon as I have energy refilled, anyway...)

Fashion Designer
    Level 262 was tricky, I was stuck with stone jewel, but then I ran out moves.

Then, I was able to clear the stone jewels, but I still got glass on upper side and got no more moves.

I wouldn't worry for doom jewels cos it's only 2 and has 25 moves each. But if you can clear doom jewels first is better, so you don't have to worry to get exploded.

Good luck, Phaedrakiki!

Thanks, finnth. Funny, I was going to post similar photos (I've been snapping them as I go.) Mine are practically identical, lol!

Took me lots of turns, but I finally passed 262 with 3 stars! Wow, I had just 1 glass left so many times! What a fun level, though! Early on in the round, I was able to convert 3 of the stone jewels (2 into diamonds!) & clear the top jewel in those hard-to-reach spots (in the far right/left columns.) I used a diamond + blaster combo, as well as a blaster + bomb prior to that. So it was a very lucky round!

I also passed the challenge, which I had noticed earlier is "pass in 35 moves." With only 30 moves in the level, if you pass, you win the challenge! I suppose 35 was a "challenge" when they gave you 45 moves. But now that it's reduced, it makes no sense. They'll probably fix it, like they did with a similar challenge problem a couple weeks back. (I think it was one of those crazy fire levels they kept changing the timer on, lol... ) Even if they lowered the challenge to like 20 or something, I still would've passed, though. I had 18 moves left over--lucky round!

Level 263: 14 fire in 60 moves (5JC.) Looks like they added 5 moves and took out the black jewels, but I still didn't do all that well on my first attempt. The layout of this board makes it tough to put out the fire...hope I can get some good combos working next round (diamond + blaster would be awesome, please!)

I just had such a lucky round on 263. After several tries, I passed with 37 moves left over! Only one star, though. I saw I was close, but didn't wanna mess around trying to get more points and have the fire get out of control! I didn't even **** the snake in my round. Missed points, lol...I'll play it again another time to improve my score. I was so excited when the diamond + blaster took out so much of the fire! Then only 2 flames remained with a match right next to them...yay!

A little bummed, though. I had 3 great moves levels in a row...so nice without a clock. Now it's back to a timed level~

Level 264: Dig 12 meters in 3:15 (5JC.) Only had energy for one round, but didn't do so well (got about halfway.) Will have to figure out how to speed up the digging process! Ma?ana...

Fashion Designer
    Just when I get to 242, you're 20 levels ahead again. LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast