Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shark Cavern - Levels 259 - 264

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fashion Designer

Shark Cavern - Levels 259 - 264

wheeee! i spy a new region after this one already. oh boy i need to catch up and quick!

Level 259... digging moves level with super dirt and walls

this was a fun digging level. i passed on the first try and i made a bunch of diamonds, was glorious
    the walls make the falling pattern of the jewels a bit unpredictable, so just be mindful of that. if you make some vertical blasters before super dirt is on screen, try to save them for when the super dirt is visible. blast away!

Fashion Designer
    Level 260... timed glass level with snakes, crates, white blocks, black jewels, and stone jewels

wowza!! lots of stuff on this level. this level felt overwhelming on the first pass. i was just trying to get used to the level but i somehow got rid of the snakes without really focusing on them. what slowed me down a lot was the stone jewels. they eventually land in glass, so you have to move it out of the way to break the glass. i was just crazily make matches all over the place and trying to break through the crates. i think there is glass under the snakes in the very corners, but i'm not really sure. gotta play again to check. 2:20 may be an adequate time for this level, we'll see on the next few tries!

Fashion Designer
    yay passed level 260 and i think the best thing to do is to not focus on the snakes because they will eventually take care of themselves or a blaster/bomb will get them. i usually clear out the white blocks first to get them out of the way. then i try to move the stone jewels that are on the left side over to the right side. if they stay on the left side, they'll end up dropping down into glass (which is underneath the crates). so try to break through the crates as fast as possible and the crates that are in the corners with the snakes also have glass. so you do need to get rid of the snakes so that you can break through those crates too. this level is timed, but i didn't rush in making matches because i wanted to make smart moves to move out the stone jewels.

Level 261... fire moves level with snakes and restricted jewels and stone jewels

the colors of the snake eyes aren't consistent with each round. but i always look for a round that has a match to get rid of a snake head right off the bat. with 35 moves, it's very tight and this level is pretty difficult. i've only come close to passing once and had one flame left. if i had opted to buy more moves, i definitely would've passed it. i just needed one more move to pass. um also take notice of the stone jewels that are restricted jewels! so i turned one of the stone AND restricted jewels into a bomb, but the stone jewel remained and was released and the bomb still formed but sat on top of the restricted jewel.

--> so if you have a stone jewel that is restricted, creating a special jewel while it's in a restricted state will not turn the stone jewel into a regular jewel. it will only release it!

clearing out both snakes seem necessary to get direct access to the fire. i'm not trying to release every single jewel, but just trying to get rid of all the fire as best i can. still working on this level, but i'm trying to make every move count!

New Resident
    This level is a nightmare. It only shows 25 moves to complete which is impossible. Why do you state you have 35? Am I missing something?

New Resident
    Need help with Level 261!!!!!

Omg--restricted stone jewels sound like a nightmare! How disappointing to discover you couldn't change it into a bomb...only release it. The digging level above looks very cool, and I loved your "glorious" description, lol. Some of these levels on your recent islands look off-the-chain difficult, though you're still ploughin right thru! (But good luck, anyway, Aileeniweeni!)

Fashion Designer
    Gah. What a challenge.

Fashion Designer
    Level 262... glass moves level with snakes, stone jewels, doom jewels, and crates

so this felt like a nice break from the fire in 261. the two doom jewels start with a count of 25. my board reshuffled a few times during the round i played. but eliminating the doom jewels wasn't that stressful. so things to focus on, getting stone jewels out of the way so you can break the glass. and focus on the harder to reach areas like the corners. also need to break the crates (i think there was glass underneath). the glass in the bottom rows are double glassed. i passed on the first try and it seemed fun also don't forget you can make matches across the walls that are in the center. 45 moves as of now.

Fashion Designer
    phew let me tell you. level 261 was tough! but i managed to finally get through it last night. and then after that i had a good run i'm almost to the next region yay

Fashion Designer
    Level 263... fire moves level with a snake, stone jewels, restricted jewels, crates, and black jewels

oh boy... where to start. honestly i just got really really lucky and got a good board on my 1st try. so i passed it. i didn't really play with any real strategy but to just contain the fire as it spread and make matches where i could. once you break any of the crates, the fire will be exposed and will start spreading from there. i got rid of the snake in my round, which helped open up the board some more so that i could make horizontal blasters which i used on the layer of fire above the restricted jewels. i also made a diamond and blaster combo, so that helped but didn't take out all the fire. i was playing it at like 2am my time, so i can't really remember how it ended. but i'm glad i got passed this!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast