Page 54 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpsichore View Post
    As I said in my previous post, it's great that you're looking forward to breeding the gemstones and if it adds to your game enjoyment that's wonderful. However, it DIDN'T take any effort onTL's part to make them breedable and it DIDN'T bring Android or Kindle any closer to parity with iOS.
    Actually, it was quite complicated and took some finesse to make it work. It wasn't as simple as flipping a switch. As we mentioned in other threads, this was slowly implemented in layers to ensure it went smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    They probably could've done this a long time ago, but refused. I think they were holding out for parity. Then when they saw that it couldn't be done, decided to go with the cop out. It's upsetting because it shows that TL will never bring parity to fruition. That and they tainted gemstones by adding extra colors onto them, thus making them "un-pure".
    Breeding Gemstone Dragons isn't a replacement for disparity. We're still working on it. Breeding Gemstones is something we were able to work out to bring Gemstone Dragons to everyone right now, so we couldn't pass it up. We hope you're enjoying it. ^_^

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    Actually, it was quite complicated and took some finesse to make it work. It wasn't as simple as flipping a switch. As we mentioned in other threads, this was slowly implemented in layers to ensure it went smoothly.

Breeding Gemstone Dragons isn't a replacement for disparity. We're still working on it. Breeding Gemstones is something we were able to work out to bring Gemstone Dragons to everyone right now, so we couldn't pass it up. We hope you're enjoying it. ^_^
    If bringing trading/crafting is a priority, why allocate your programmer's time to bringing gemstone dragons through breeding?

Gemstones dragon were unique because they were pure.

Now they're just a hybrid of a splitting color.

We've had enough of those already.

I don't know if this was fixed but gemstone dragons now have a water magic attack in the arena.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank the DS Dev team for us Pony, while not the complete parity we want, even I have to admit this helps and goes a ways towards parity...it also helps all supported platforms get the harder gemstone dragons (Onyx, tigers eye, quartz).

So, not perfect, it *is* a band-aid, but it's still appreciated.

just my thoughts.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AzHadz View Post
    Thank the DS Dev team for us Pony, while not the complete parity we want, even I have to admit this helps and goes a ways towards parity...it also helps all supported platforms get the harder gemstone dragons (Onyx, tigers eye, quartz).

So, not perfect, it *is* a band-aid, but it's still appreciated.

just my thoughts.
    Think long term, Android gets parity, gemstone dragons still have these island fails, was it worth it?

Farm Supplier

Well, maybe if you'd made the parent egg available for coin and not hacked off ALL platforms by making gemstones split, it might have been easier to implement (it would certainly have been more popular). It might even have freed up enough time to interview people who can actually write code for Android.

An even easier, fairer and less divisive way would have been to make the dragons available for coins so all platforms could get them without spending real money.

Rhino Keeper
    I looked up crafting materials for the breedable gemstones for the first time and is it just me, or are most of the materials really easy to obtain when you he some super rare duplicates? like, way easier than I thought? Bummed now.

Rhino Keeper

I've been on a cruise for 7 days and just got back, what a nice surprise to come home to. Glad to hear you guys are still working on parity after this release.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    Think long term, Android gets parity, gemstone dragons still have these island fails, was it worth it?
    I don't think the island fails matter much AFTER you get the gemstone dragons. Because now people are forced (wouldn't be a problem for android/kindle) to use the basic, pure dragons. And as Jake said, after the habitat has been increased, iOS users no longer have a valid reason to complain about not being able to use gemstone dragons for breeding. After all, they were never intended to be used that way.

Quote Originally Posted by noir77 View Post
    I looked up crafting materials for the breedable gemstones for the first time and is it just me, or are most of the materials really easy to obtain when you he some super rare duplicates? like, way easier than I thought? Bummed now.
    Yes, Easy to breed gemstones using super rares, which many of us androids would have already..

Host(ess)
    I am very happy to be able to get the gemstone dragons now.
    Although ,I always thought as Trading& crafting(gemstone dragons) as a way to get ride of your failbreedings, you are not amaing for a gemstone dragon, you will get them with time/patience and fail breedings.
    Breeding gemstome dragons is far from perfect but its a little step in the right direction.
    Still hope that one Day we Get the Trading and crafting.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kurebiz View Post

Yes, Easy to breed gemstones using super rares, which many of us androids would have already..
    A few spare parakeets and you're there....