Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hamadrys View Post
    It's ok to not want to spend gold to speed up, or to buy the dragons, or to try getting them. However, some people (me included) decide to be positive and see that at least we get a chance to breed them. Never acknowledging the effort that TL is putting into this is not going to make them want to do much more for us in the future...
    Did they? I mean, did they "put effort into it" or has it been available all along, but we didn't get it, because ... well, they didn't choose to give it us until now. We don't know, no one but TL knows and due to past history ... not so sure I'd jump on the believing train if they said other wise. We wanted Trading and Crafting, not breed-able Gemstones with messed up breeding, due to them changing breeding rules again (which they have yet to explain), added colors and the onset of new headaches. If they took Trading and Crafting away from IOS, that's not right and it's not fair to them. I'm not IOS, so I don't know if they did or didn't ... just saying.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MomsHouseofSweets View Post
    Did they? I mean, did they "put effort into it" or has it been available all along, but we didn't get it, because ... well, they didn't choose to give it us until now. We don't know, no one but TL knows and due to past history ... not so sure I'd jump on the believing train if they said other wise. We wanted Trading and Crafting, not breed-able Gemstones with messed up breeding, due to them changing breeding rules again (which they have yet to explain), added colors and the onset of new headaches. If they took Trading and Crafting away from IOS, that's not right and it's not fair to them. I'm not IOS, so I don't know if they did or didn't ... just saying.
    They didn't take away trading. They can breed for gemstones now as well.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    They didn't take away trading. They can breed for gemstones now as well.
    So they're able to do both/either?

Farm Supplier
    QUOTE=hamadrys;693098]It's ok to not want to spend gold to speed up, or to buy the dragons, or to try getting them. However, some people (me included) decide to be positive and see that at least we get a chance to breed them. Never acknowledging the effort that TL is putting into this is not going to make them want to do much more for us in the future...[/QUOTE]
    If TL ever appear to have put in an effort, then I'll applaude them. It's great that you like being able to breed some of the craftable dragons but it took no effort on TL's part and has turned some iOS players against the case for parity.

So, what have TL actually given players?

Android get another new element but this one splits three ways instead of just two. The dragons have been around for almost a year so only one existing dragon needed a paint-job to create the elemental parent. Just because TL used the gemstone dragons, it doesn't make it anything more than another element set for Android.

For iOS players, TL have taken away the "rare" version of pure elements along with the breeding advantage that gave. They now have even less certainty when breeding and some truly horrendous fails.

Personally, I think the most worrying thing about this cop-out is the impression it gives of progress towards parity. Would TL really have made craftable dragons breedable if they were in a position to give Android/Kindle players ANY of the missing features in the foreseeable future?

Executive Chef
    I jait wish you android guys could get proper trading and crafting. After all, it IS fun (most of the time) and not just for dragons, but some items too. Some of you have collected duplicates to trade, and will now probably justget rid of them after holding them on for so long for a purpose.
    Another thing is when limited dragons come along again, you'll have to pause your hunt for gemstones and go after the limited ones (or at least I think that is the best option).
    So on the one hand, I am so happy that you can all finally have a chance at getting these dragons! It's ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!
    But on the other end, meh. They could've come up with this sooner instead of wasting time with a bunch of other dragons they have been releasing lately, OR they could have worked towards proper parity. Nonetheless, it's progress.

Battle arena and quests are still lacking, but it's something, so happy breeding to eveyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpsichore View Post
    As I said in my previous post, it's great that you're looking forward to breeding the gemstones and if it adds to your game enjoyment that's wonderful. However, it DIDN'T take any effort onTL's part to make them breedable and it DIDN'T bring Android or Kindle any closer to parity with iOS.
    I understand that, but you see, I never thought we would ever get parity to begin with. That is why I am so thrilled to get something.

Executive Chef
    "... it DIDN'T take any effort onTL's part to make them breedable and it DIDN'T bring Android or Kindle any closer to parity with iOS."

Exactly my opinion ... exactly! This could have taken place a long time ago, but it didn't and it didn't by choice ... their choice.

Executive Chef
    I haven't believed it either and still don't. The divide ... the gap ... what ever anyone wants to call it is there by TL's choice. I see nothing that shows me anything different to change my opinion.

Banned
    Maybe they started working on this idea when we started the poll about which feature we would like the most. Obviously they cannot offer trading/crafting at this time, but they still offer the gemstones. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Have a happy day everyone, I am not on this board to convince anyone of anything or argue endlessly.

Fashion Designer
    With the release of gemstone dragons to android via breeding, I'm not sure the impetus would be there to implement the T&C buildings. :/