Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Windmill Heights - Levels 241 - 246

Nice try, fancyjewel! Appreciate the plea for more time, but no dice. It's okay, though...I finally got through 244 anyway. (Had to "buy" some extra time.) I actually got down to one flame, and since I never even got close before, decided to get out of that miserable level any way I could. Had to buy the extra time plus the extinguisher boost (since no match nearby.) But at least I don't have to play it anymore! And it seems like I'm the only one having a problem with the 1:20-clock, so no wonder they didn't change it. Anyway, I'm SO grateful for the encouragement & nice things you said. I wish you lots of good luck & more "karma chips" to save up for any frantic levels you come across. I really wish I enjoyed the timed levels like you. This game would be a lot more fun now that we're in these "higher levels!" Thank you!

I played the entire Jewel Mania game without boosts--up until a few weeks ago. But I've had to "buy" my way off 3 (or is this the 4th?) timed levels lately. I think the game is trying to tell me something, like maybe it's getting too difficult for me? But this--level 244--is the last time I do it ("buy" my way through a level.) If I get stuck on another timed level, where it feels like I'm not getting close/unrealistic amount on clock, I'll have to call it quits. Unfortunately, level 247 is already feeling that way--it's extremely frustrating, and no fun (for me.) I'll give it a couple days...to familiarize myself with the level, etc. But I'm not going to keep paying to get through something that I don't enjoy. That's just not very smart, lol! I'm really jealous of all the players with fast fingers!

Anyway, I really enjoyed the 2 moves levels after 244.
    Level 245: 38 glass in 40 moves (5JC.) This was SO fun, & a breath of fresh air after the last level. I had to try it several times to get the right board; the moves are pretty tight on this one. But it's so rewarding when you get your special jewels & combos working just-so...and take-out all the snakes, crates, and glass, of course. Gotta get thru the crates & **** the snakes fast. I used a diamond + blaster when I passed, but first a blaster + bomb at the top (when crates still in place) plus an extra diamond (or two? Can't remember, lol!)

Level 246: 16 fire in 30 moves (5JC.) The moves on this are even tighter--decreased by 15 moves (from the 45 shown in OpeningCeremony's earlier post photo.) So it took lots of tries to pass it, though I didn't mind (at my own pace--yay!) This level is also fun, but the portals add extra difficulty. As prev mentioned, it is cool when you create a blaster and it gets portaled to the sides so you can blast the flames! But I actually passed with a couple good ol' blaster + bomb combos...one set off on the left, midway. It extinguished all the fire on the left side, which allowed me to do the other one on the bottom-left. That one took out all the remaining fire on the bottom right. Exciting--love it!

Now I'm over on Country Express island, getting my bootie kicked on 247. The fire on the timed level is insanely fast!

Fashion Designer
    241 took me, I think, over a week to beat. Tough level. I just could not get all that fire out. Now I'm stuck on 242. I'm not making special gems fast enough, or the board starts out set up wrong so I'm taking too long to get to the bricks I need blasters to eliminate. Keeping trying...

Good luck on the rest of Windmill Heights, Gardienn! I had a tough time on that island, but I'm hoping your "faster fingers" get you through the rest of the levels easily. (With your favorite degree of challenge thrown-in for fun, of course! ) Again, I wish you good luck & good fun!!!

Fashion Designer
    Thanks. I'm on 243 now. I'm looking forward to having a go at your nemesis level.

No doubt you'll tear it up, lol! Oh, that one (244) really made me crazy--SO frustrating. You'll do much better than me!

Fashion Designer
    I actually like 244 and should have beat it this time around, but after a blaster-bomb combo (not the first time this has happened on this level) it knocked out all but two fire at the top of the board and to the side and under the fire would not fill in with jewels all the way to the end of the game. I couldn't swap next to them to put them out, so lost. So frustrating when bugs like that ruin a level and waste energy.

How disappointing, Gardienn! I've had that happen before, where fire blocks jewels from filling in (making recovering practically impossible!) But not when I was so close to passing--that blows! Sorry about that. But I'm so glad you like 244. It's much better when you enjoy what you're playing, lol!

Yep, you'll be outta there in no time!

Fashion Designer
    Yep. Passed it today.

Fashion Designer
    Finally off this island. Yay!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast