Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Windmill Heights - Levels 241 - 246

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Wow, I can't believe I passed (...) 243
    Oops, I meant 242! Getting a little ahead of myself, lol...

Level 243: 18 fire in 25 moves (5JC.) Used to be 40 moves (in the prev posted photo,) a 15-move decrease. Bummer! Tried it 3 times, and the moves are extremely tight. I got down to one remaining flame once, but it's so hard to get the ones at the bottom, esp. the corners (due to the layout & little windows.) You pretty much have to use special jewels and/or a combo. And that comes down to luck for the most part...since the wooden wall/portals make it very hard to predict where the jewels will end up. From the looks of it, I'm guessing I'm gonna be stuck here for a bit...waiting on that perfect board that puts everything in the right place at the right time. At least it's not a timed level~

Omg, I can't believe how I passed 243! I didn't even use a combo...all my special jewels just seemed to detonate at good times. I had a few bombs towards the bottom, & was trying to get a blaster near one to swap. But they kept getting blasted , which still put fire out (but not all-at-once like I needed.) Finally, though...I was down to 2 flames in the lower left and two in the right corner. 3 moves left. Made a match that cleared one of the right-side flames, then another that got both of the left-side flames. I thought I was gonna lose again. One flame left, only one move left--and no match nearby. But I looked up and saw a yellow vertical blaster (the 2nd column from right) in the top section. Two yellow jewels in the 1st column, above & below...like they were waiting to be matched with that blaster! So I made the swap, snuffed the flame, and passed the game--what a surprise!

Only one star, but I didn't do a single combo that round (wasn't even expecting to pass, lol.) So, the low score's expected! I'd like to get more stars, but this level should really have a few more moves added. It would make it more fun if you could play with the specials a little more, heehee.

Level 244: 10 fire in 1:20 (5JC.) They took :45 seconds from the clock (according to prev post,) even though it was already a challenge. Seems like they made a lot of changes on this island...making the levels tougher. Why? and, "BOO"! Especially making timed levels harder, which I consider cruel & unusual punishment! (Haha) Anyway, only had one energy to try it--didn't do very well. Opened the fire L&C, then set off a diamond + blaster, hoping it would get all the fire. While that was detonating, the L&C around the white blocks opened. But I didn't get the bottom row of flames... Gonna need more practice (or more time!!!!)

Fashion Designer
    I was stuck on 241 for couple days, then I got lucky found the diamond and I swapped with blaster. So I could unlock the chain and still had 22 moves. Once the chain was unlock its easy to put off the fire. I even got 3 stars on this level too...

Fashion Designer
    wow so many 3 starred levels!! i don't think i've had the time to go back to previous levels to 3-star it! finnth can you play those for me and get me some gold ?
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Lol, me too, me too! Will you do mine too, finnth? (Yeah, haven't 3-starred since Abyssal Keep. Yikes!)

Level 244 is driving me crazy! There isn't enough time to put out the fire. I don't know how others have done it. I guess you have to get lucky with the perfect combo opportunities at the right times (some before L&C unlocked to help open them, and some after fire released to extinguish it.) Nothing close to that so far. Really need more time here...

Host(ess)
    Never give up; never surrender, Phaedrakiki!!

Bonus points to whoever gets the reference

Thanks! How about some gold instead of points? (Lol!) Um, could it be from Galaxy Quest?

I'm not giving up (at least not yet,) but I'm not a fan of the timed levels as it is; they're so stressful for me. I think of them more as obstacles to get thru to the real fun--the moves levels! I love playing at my own pace, deciding which move is best, etc. On timed levels like 244, when there isn't enough time to even get close to the goal, it's no fun for me at all. Just frustrating. But I'll keep trying (for awhile, anyway...)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast