Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Windmill Heights - Levels 241 - 246

Fashion Designer
    thanks!! some of these levels are a big pain to do over again!

Oh, I know what you mean! There are many I'd hate to revisit. But at least if you get sick of trying on one level, you can go to any other!

Farm Supplier
    Anybody ever experienced any glitches like this with those unmovable claw jewels? Basically what happens is somehow the unmovable jewel gets broken by a diamond or a special jewel, and then some of the matches around it go wonky. Like in this picture. The app actually freezes (or doesn't let you play) when the clock hits 0:00 and you have to force restart the app. =P

Quote Originally Posted by thesacredphoenix View Post
    Anybody ever experienced any glitches like this (...)
    Weird! I had a very similar experience on level 174. You can see the photos I posted & the mod reply I got (comment #23.) I was able to match jewels, but they wouldn't clear/disappear. So, like you, I had 3, 4 jewels of the same color in a row. Also, the clock kept counting down, but at zero I had to force-close. I did the usual hard-restart, and re-installed Jewel Mania. Luckily, it hasn't happened again, though I've had some other issues. Lately, I try to force-close JM daily, and hard-restart my iPhone every few days as "prevention, lol! I get lots of freezing/lag issues, and my preventative measures seem to help a little. Knock wood!

Level 241: 24 fire in 40 moves (6JC-all jewel colors used.) Tried it once and the moves are very tight--didn't get close at all. I'm just happy to be on a new island, playing at my own pace (no timer!) Awaiting energy for more attempts~

Omg, level 241 *****ed me! With only 4 moves left in the round, I set off a blaster + bomb combo in the 2nd row from bottom. All the remaining fire was in the bottom 3 rows. It should've wiped it all out, but instead it left one flame! Unfortunately, there wasn't a nearby match...so the fire began to build again. Wonder what happened--why didn't the combo extinguish all the fire? Hmmm...

Every other attempt at this level has been pathetic. With all 6 jewel colors in play, there's usually only 1 or 2 moves to choose from & lots of reshuffling. It's really easy to lose control of the fire, and difficult to open the lock and chain (L&C.) Special jewel combination opportunities are rare--but you have to have them to clear enough jewels to open the L&C. And as prev mentioned, you have to get the chains open with enough moves left over to extinguish the fire. But none of this is happening. It's gonna take some serious luck to get everything happening perfectly...& at the right time. Fingers crossed. Just "burned" through all my energies again...recharging~

Ha! Wouldn't you know, as soon as I posted my complaints, I passed 241! I had only 1 energy to play, and it finally all come together for me! I was able to keep the fire low, make more special jewels, open the L&C faster, and then get my blaster + bomb together at the bottom (w/only 2 moves to spare!) And this time, the combo took out all the fire, lol! (Still don't understand why it didn't get all the flames that other time...ah, well~)

Level 242: Dig 7 meters in 1:10 (5JC.) They decreased the timer by 20 seconds (was 1:30 in prev post photo.) The clock on this is like a joke--not even close to enough time! Wonder why they decreased it...I can't imagine people were just breezing thru. Anyway, I really hope they put it back! Please increase the time on 242!

Oh, man! 5 minutes of play...yet another round of energy's all gone. I'm not getting anywhere, barely have time to dig into the first bit of super dirt most rounds. I only had one very lucky 242 board--if I would've had those extra seconds I could've passed. I got to the goal line; had a diamond and 2 blasters pointing at the super dirt. Darn! How many rounds will I have to wait for that kind of luck again? And will I be able to move even faster to pass? Ugh! These timed levels make me crazy! So difficult, so stressful! 242 needs more time added (imho!)

Aaaaarggh!!! This is crazy--nowhere near enough time to get through this in time! How are you guys getting through to the level 242 goal in just 1 minute? I need more time if I'm ever going to pass this!

Wow, I can't believe I passed it! Finally got thru 243 with just a couple seconds to spare. Basically, if you can get past the first strip of super dirt (& have a little time left,) you can pass this. I used a diamond + blaster, which worried me cuz it takes so long! But it worked out...while the combo was detonating, I made a couple new blasters, which helped me get thru the super dirt at the end. What a relief--I hated that level! Well, the level wasn't really bad--I hated the short clock on it. I kept getting stopped at the 1st super dirt, and couldn't get a blaster + bomb in the right place to save my life (lol!) Only got one star--if they add some time, I'd like to come back to increase my score. If you notice the timer is better than 1:10, please post!?

Btw, I thought blaster/bomb combos created T-shaped blasts about 3 rows high. But in this level, if you set one off 2 rows above the super dirt, it doesn't clear it (but it does take out the middle part of the "t"--of course.) Is this the norm, and I never noticed? Or has something changed? Maybe the blaster + bomb does less as levels increase? Hmmm...will have to watch out, and maybe do some experimenting. Wish I had a second device--I always want to use my energies to move forward~

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast