Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Windmill Heights - Levels 241 - 246

Fashion Designer

Windmill Heights - Levels 241 - 246

Level 241... fire moves level with lock & chain and portals

there are 2 different colored locks with a count of 39 each and 40 moves to clear out the fire. the color of the locks changes with each round, so be mindful of the colors that you need to focus on. 40 moves is really tight, so try not to make wasteful moves. i think you're in good shape if you manage to unlock the chain and have around 10-15 moves leftover. you're gonna need about that much, more or less, to clear out the fire.

so far no new features... but i can't believe i've finally caught up to the newest update of jewel mania. i feel like i'm always chasing the newest island!

Fashion Designer
    Level 242... digging timed level with restricted jewels, super dirt, and white blocks

1:30 on the clock and the only tricky part is the funnel area near the goal line. because you have blast the last 2 pieces of super dirt. so if you can at least get one of them, maybe you can dig away at the regular dirt underneath to make the other one drop. otherwise you gotta blast or bomb these things. but we've seen this type of level before. still fun

Fashion Designer
    Level 243... fire moves level with portals

40 moves to clear the fire. there are 2 portals in the center sitting on top of the dividers. i got lucky and was able to create a bomb and blaster combo towards the bottom and i cleared out all the fire. felt good to get past it. sometimes these fire levels can get stressful and the fire only spreads each time you make a move that doesn't put out a flame. the white blocks don't need to be cleared, only if you need a bigger board space to make moves on.

Fashion Designer
    Level 244... timed fire level with lock & chain and white blocks

there's 2:05 on the clock. 3 areas of lock & chain. the locks on the left and right have a count of 30 and will always be the same color. the lock in the center has a count of 45. i try to target the lock with a count of 45 so that i can clear out the white blocks first, but it never works out that way. i end up unlocking the fire first (the locks with 30 count). so by the time i unlock the center lock & chain, the fire becomes unmanageable. my next tries, i'll try to focus on the 45 lock first. i keep getting really close with like one flame left. but the flames in the corners are hard to get because of the holes on the board next to it.

In your photo of 244, there are only a couple purple jewels, and tons of red! Does it stay that way? If so, no wonder you can't help opening the middle lock/chain first. Wonder if it's programmed that way (to give you more of the "side/30-count" color vs. the middle/45-count.) Or maybe I'm reading too much into this screenshot, lol! Hmmm...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    In your photo of 244, there are only a couple purple jewels, and tons of red! Does it stay that way? If so, no wonder you can't help opening the middle lock/chain first. Wonder if it's programmed that way (to give you more of the "side/30-count" color vs. the middle/45-count.) Or maybe I'm reading too much into this screenshot, lol! Hmmm...
    i'm thinking it might be programmed that way. in every round thereafter i started avoiding the side/30-count colors but sometimes it's the only match available. but every single round i always unlocked the sides first, whether i liked it or not! haha. i ended up passing it anyways but it'd be nice to unlock the middle first

i'll post pics of the rest of the island later. too lazy right now. but i've been super close on 246 so many times!!

Fashion Designer
    oh and on level 244 i forgot to mention there are portals on the board. so that kinda messes with your match making.

Fashion Designer
    Level 245... glass moves level with snakes and crates

40 moves to get rid of all the glass. there are 8 snake heads (4 snake bodies). there is glass underneath the snakes and crates, so all of it needs to be broken through. i got rid of the snakes by lining up blasters with their heads. bomb + blaster is of course great in this level so you can take out lots of crates and maybe multiple snakes. took me a few tries to pass it.

Fashion Designer
    Level 246... fire moves level with portals

45 moves to get rid of all the fire. there are portals in the center of the board which makes predicting jewel movement difficult. the bottom shape of the board also makes it tricky to get rid of the fire. when you make blasters in the center, if they are in the portal column, they can eventually be portaled to the left or right column depending on which portal they go through. so it's nice to make a vertical blaster in the middle, and then have it moved to the side columns. when you activate the vertical blaster on the sides, it can wipe out some of the fire down below. during a lot of my tries, i'd wipe out one side completely, but then not be able to wipe out the other side. another round i made a ton of diamonds, but it would leave one flame leftover which ended up spreading. i finally passed it with making blasters and a diamond. one side had one flame left, so i used the diamond to match it with a color that was next to that last flame. then the other side, i managed to get rid of all the flames eventually. sooo... now i am gonna go back and do some of the goals of previous levels and try to get 3-stars!!

yay! all caught up!!

Awesome job! Congrats, 'weenie!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast