Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Windmill Heights - Levels 241 - 246

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Finally off this island. Yay!
    By "finally" you mean "oh darn, I was having so much fun with this area, too bad its over. Sad Face." Right?

Not that the next area isnt even more fun...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by schnuffles View Post
    By "finally" you mean "oh darn, I was having so much fun with this area, too bad its over. Sad Face." Right?

LOL. I was stuck on 241 for way longer than I would have liked.

Quote Originally Posted by schnuffles View Post

Uhhh, yeah....I didn't think that's what she meant, lol! Schnuffles throwing out a little sarcasm, eh?

Yeah, Windmill Heights was a tough, tough island. Unfortunately, one of the worst for me...had to force myself to keep playing when trying to pass my nemesis level (one of 'em, haha.) This island's levels had players stuck for days/weeks, esp. on the fire levels (especially timed.) They can be incredibly stressful and frustrating with those really short timers! And then some clocks had been further reduced--even after the players who went before us complained about the difficulty. I feel pretty certain Gardienn isn't the only player to say, "Finally!" upon completion of Windmill Heights, lol!

Seriously, though...why reduce the time on the clocks when players are saying it's not enough? Were other players getting through the levels too quickly? Or does it have something to do with the updates, & wanting to slow players down so they wouldn't run out of levels to play? (Like when Aileeniweeni created this thread it was the last island.) Just wondering, lol! And thanks again for this fab game we love!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Aaaaarggh!!! This is crazy--nowhere near enough time to get through this in time! How are you guys getting through to the level 242 goal in just 1 minute? I need more time if I'm ever going to pass this!
    Ugh, I am on this level stuck now. I see you were frustrated back when you were on it also. It is nowhere near enough time..seems about the time I get started..then time is over. No sure why they would decrease the time on this level!

Rhino Keeper
    Uhhh, yeah....I didn't think that's what she meant, lol! Schnuffles throwing out a little sarcasm, eh?

Yeah, Windmill Heights was a tough, tough island. Unfortunately, one of the worst for me...had to force myself to keep playing when trying to pass my nemesis level (one of 'em, haha.) This island's levels had players stuck for days/weeks, esp. on the fire levels (especially timed.) They can be incredibly stressful and frustrating with those really short timers! And then some clocks had been further reduced--even after the players who went before us complained about the difficulty. I feel pretty certain Gardienn isn't the only player to say, "Finally!" upon completion of Windmill Heights, lol!

Seriously, though...why reduce the time on the clocks when players are saying it's not enough? Were other players getting through the levels too quickly? Or does it have something to do with the updates, & wanting to slow players down so they wouldn't run out of levels to play? (Like when Aileeniweeni created this thread it was the last island.) Just wondering, lol! And thanks again for this fab game we love!
    I

I finally made it off level 242,passed 243 easily, now stuck on 244. I am with you..WHY reduce the time by this much on already stressful levels!? It certainly becomes no fun..even if they added back half the time they took away it would have to help.

I see you are wayyyy up there now. I am still playing although not as much. I read the forum and it seems I am having a much harder time than some did on levels.
    Happy new year to you!

Rhino Keeper

Surely isn't any fun. A few times I didn't even get enough colors to unlock L&C. The times I have unlocked it happens to be when I have maybe 5 secs left..no time to even work on fire.

Hi! Happy New Year to you! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. You're so right -- it makes no sense, what they've done with some of these levels. They're so incredibly frustrating/stressful. Drove me nuts at the time! I'm on 482 now--been on the same level for a week or so. The levels have gotten SO hard. Lots of seemingly unrealistic goals, though eventually you pass them (although I'm really beginning to doubt I'll be able to pass this current one without the help of a boost or buying more moves--which I refuse to do!) I've been playing Candy Blast & Fruit Splash Mania--nice moves levels! Good luck, and hope you get thru these crazy levels quickly!

Rhino Keeper
    Hi! Happy New Year to you! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. You're so right -- it makes no sense, what they've done with some of these levels. They're so incredibly frustrating/stressful. Drove me nuts at the time! I'm on 482 now--been on the same level for a week or so. The levels have gotten SO hard. Lots of seemingly unrealistic goals, though eventually you pass them (although I'm really beginning to doubt I'll be able to pass this current one without the help of a boost or buying more moves--which I refuse to do!) I've been playing Candy Blast & Fruit Splash Mania--nice moves levels! Good luck, and hope you get thru these crazy levels quickly!
    Lol, 482 seems millions of miles away :-)
    I play fruit splash and candy blast some also. Fruit splash is pretty fun. I also love match the dots.
    Although I ,like you, don't care for timed levels..esp timed fire levels..it just makes it so much more frustrating and stressful when they take that much time away.

Omg, I can't believe how I passed 243! I didn't even use a combo...all my special jewels just seemed to detonate at good times. I had a few bombs towards the bottom, & was trying to get a blaster near one to swap. But they kept getting blasted , which still put fire out (but not all-at-once like I needed.) Finally, though...I was down to 2 flames in the lower left and two in the right corner. 3 moves left. Made a match that cleared one of the right-side flames, then another that got both of the left-side flames. I thought I was gonna lose again. One flame left, only one move left--and no match nearby. But I looked up and saw a yellow vertical blaster (the 2nd column from right) in the top section. Two yellow jewels in the 1st column, above & below...like they were waiting to be matched with that blaster! So I made the swap, snuffed the flame, and passed the game--what a surprise!

Only one star, but I didn't do a single combo that round (wasn't even expecting to pass, lol.) So, the low score's expected! I'd like to get more stars, but this level should really have a few more moves added. It would make it more fun if you could play with the specials a little more, heehee.
    I'm really hoping I don't have to keep waiting much longer to pass level 243....I've been trying on and off for a few MONTHS now. Gave up a few times as well....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456