Thread: Are They Serious?

Rhino Keeper

Are They Serious?

Just purchased gems for the first time and OMG they actually add tax onto the purchase. Seriously? And I've waited over 30 minutes and they still haven't showed up. So heads up to anyone wanting to purchase gems. How does iTunes justify taxing something that's not even tangible?
    Looks like the timer for Piper's Treehouse Game will expire before my gems show up. Never buying gems again if that happens.
    Last edited by reewinder; 12-06-14 at 05:16 AM.

Executive Chef
    Your gems should have been added to your account immediately. Id restart or check and see if the money has been taken from your account. Itunes does add taxes unfortunately but Thats more of an Apple problem, than TL issue. This is why I go to my android phone to make purchases if they're large. Less hassle.

Rhino Keeper
    I checked my bank account and it shows the iTunes purchase and I checked iTunes and there was confirmation of purchase. Still no gems show up in game. Now the timer is expired and the rabbit I wanted is gone. I sent an email to the support team. If they ever expect me to make any more purchases they had better make this right. Tried force closing and restarting the game I don't know how many times and nothing seems to work. Very disappointed. I wouldn't have even needed to purchase gems if I hadn't lost most of them the other day to gem traps.

Executive Chef
    That sucks, im sorry it happened. The good thing is prizes on the tree house always repeat themselves. The bad thing is, as you said, there are so many gem traps.

I have about 228 gems right now and move about my farm very slow. Ive almost sped up pear and coffee trees so many times this week. Only so many times i can take my heart almost stopping. So i do what i need to do and leave off. Got a huge gem package for black Friday and i refuse to let them go to waste on a stupid tree.

Same with the train, i go, move slow and get the heck out of there.

But hopefully monday they respond to you and/or your gems are on your farm for when the bunny comes again. They're adorable! Ive four of them now.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by reewinder View Post
    How does iTunes justify taxing something that's not even tangible?

I would guess it has nothing to do with iTunes and everything to do with the law of the company they are operating in.

Here in the UK, nearly everything you purchase has tax added to it (VAT value added tax). The only exceptions are certain items which are considered necessary rather than luxury.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by reewinder View Post
    Just purchased gems for the first time and OMG they actually add tax onto the purchase. Seriously? And I've waited over 30 minutes and they still haven't showed up. So heads up to anyone wanting to purchase gems. How does iTunes justify taxing something that's not even tangible?
    Looks like the timer for Piper's Treehouse Game will expire before my gems show up. Never buying gems again if that happens.
    Team Lava does not charge tax. You are paying iTunes . Depending on your area, you may or may not be charged tax when purchasing gems.
    If you have not already done so, be sure and send a copy of your receipt to support.

support@teamlava.com
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request