Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abyssal Keep - Levels 223 - 228

Check out the changes to Level 223! It was 18 fire in 30 moves, and now it's 12 in 35 (thrilled about that!) 5JC (5 jewel colors used.) I copied Aileeniweeni/OpeningCeremony's photo above so we could see them side-by-side (hope that's OK?)

The level as it is now (on my device, anyway) is on the right. In addition to the extra fire, there used to be extra crates on the bottom and a larger window at the top. The level now has 2 little windows in the 3rd row from the bottom (where the 6 fire are in the 1st pic.) They made a lot of modifications--a good thing! So glad they scaled it back a bit, cuz the one time I played I didn't even get close! Awaiting energy to tackle again~

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Check out the changes to Level 223! (...)
    wow to the untrained jewel mania eye, those pics look pretty identical! good catch! glad to hear of your speedy progress!! (and of course it's all right! repost those pics anytime)
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Btw, they've added 5 more moves to 223 (yay--I need 'em!) Both gifts on this level are reshuffles now. Maybe when they made the changes (making it a little easier,) they also took away the fire extinguisher mentioned earlier(?) I keep forgetting to use the gifts. I was thinking, a reshuffle might come in handy to put a blaster/bomb in a better spot (esp. if you had a diamond to remotely set it off!) Awaiting energy to keep working on it--this level's pretty hard!

Yep, that reshuffle actually helped! I passed 223--I had several blasters and a bomb, but not in great positions. Finally remembered the reshuffle boost, and used it. It placed the bomb at the bottom. I made a regular blaster match after that, and it dropped another blaster right next to my bomb! Swapped 'em, and then only had a couple flames left to fight. Tah-dah! Had lots of moves left, too...a definite lucky board!

Level 224: 16 fire in 1:30 (5JC.) Followed the same strategy Aileenie/OpeningCeremony outlined earlier, and it worked great! Took a few tries, but I was able to **** the snakes and crash thru the crates early in the round with a blaster + bomb (B&B.) Then I detonated another B&B later towards the bottom, which took out all but a couple flames on the left. Then extinguished those with another blaster & a final regular match. Yay!

Found some more changes/modifications, this time in Level 225! The level on my device (photo on right) is set up as 12 fire in 35 moves. Pic on right (from Aileeni's post earlier in this thread) shows 14 fire in 30 moves. 5JC--jewel colors used in both. The crates have been modified, stone jewels were reduced by 2, and a window was added at the bottom (where 2 fire had been.) Many of these things make it easier, (yay!) while some add difficulty.

I think it's great they're continuously monitoring these levels to make sure they're challenging enough, but not crazily so. Sometimes I'll think a level's too tough, but they usually fix these "difficult ones" for us. I'm just so happy they keep adding new islands to this game we love!

Anyway, I tried this level a few times, and it's really tricky so far! During one round, there was only one gap in the crates for the fire to escape. A stone jewel was in it's path--the only jewel the fire could consume. Gotta admit, it was fun watching the fire "eat" one of those pesky things, lol! Awaiting energy to tackle again...

Passed 225--yay! Took many tries, but eventually was able to do 2 blaster + bomb combos, one early in the round to help knock out crates, and one the second row from bottom, which knocked out all the fire. Whoo-hoo (was so happy!) You definitely have to get thru the crates quickly in this one...to fight fire and to make room to create all the special jewels you need! (This may sound very familiar, lol!)

There are some changes/mods to Level 226, as well. The stat's are the same: 14 fire in 35 moves (5JC.) But they changed the crates a bit, took out 2 stone jewels, and really changed-up the cutouts on the sides, etc. The new board's got more room, thank goodness! Here's how they look, side-by-side...Aileeniweenie/OpeningCeremony's (from earlier in this thread) on the left, & mine on the right:

Took me a few tries at this, but I passed with a diamond + blaster (and other specials/smaller combos.) In an earlier round, I got within 2 fire, but ran out of moves. I forgot all about the fire extinguisher boosts...Oops! I'm not sure how many fire the boost takes out, cuz I ended up not needing it when I passed. Had a match right next to my last flame (and a diamond--feast or famine, lol!)

Wow, Level 227 has had some changes, too. On my device, the stat's are currently 12 fire in 1:35 (5JC.) They added some snakeheads, removed 2 crates, and changed the cutouts--which increased the board's "real-estate" by 4 squares. Here's the side-by-side comparison for anyone curious...mine is on the right (Aileeniweeni/OpeningCeremony's on the left--from earlier in this thread.)

The fire moves incredibly fast on this one. If you don't get a handle on it quickly, it's nearly impossible to recover. On my last attempt, I was swiping so quickly I messed up a move that could've cleared a snake. I never could **** that darn thing after that! Ugh, I lose my head on these timed ones! Gotta remember to move fast, but also smart--so hard! What's needed here is a lucky board, with a good combo early in the round. That way there's time to tackle the fire below. If I ever make it that far, I'll be too delirious to remember I have boosts to use! Hmph, as for the reshuffle boost, my screen was already doing a lot of that (cuz the fire had taken over most of the board, lol~ ) Haven't gotten close to passing this at all so far. Recharging, so I can keep on tryin'!

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

Prob just as well that I'm stuck on 227...have time to BBQ, lol! But this level is like a sick joke--I can't even **** the snakes, much less get the fire cleared. It's all I can do to keep the entire screen from becoming a wildfire (which it almost does each time!) I actually got all the snakes once, but time ran out right after. It just takes so long to beat back the flames & have a workable screen. Not sure what I can do to make it better, though. This level is so hard (at least for me!)

Hope you all have an explosive 4th of July!

Passed 227! Had a diamond + blaster & blaster + bomb. Chose the diamond + blaster, thinking it would give me a better shot. Then while the blasters were still detonating, I checked to see where the bomb had landed, and it was next to a different blaster. So I went ahead and swapped the two while other blasters still going off (never tried that before!) The blaster + bomb knocked-out most of the remaining flames. And there were still a couple blasters detonating afterwards from the first combo! They got the very last fire, too. Whoo-hoo! Level complete and 3 stars! So excited--didn't think I'd be able to pass this one for awhile--seemed so impossible. The fire was WAY too fast for me! But getting super lucky like that...nice!!!

Level 228: Dig 10 meters in 65 moves (5JC.) This is pretty straightforward, just make lots of special jewels/do combos to get thru the super dirt & **** snakes. I actually passed this last night on my 1st try, so can't remember the exact combos I used. But I know it was quite fun! They added 20 moves to this level (was "45" in earlier post's photo.) But I had lots of moves left to dig beyond the goal line. I'll def go back to get 3 stars, cuz it was so enjoyable. Thanks TL...loved the whole island (save 227, lol!)

And with that, I'm off to Tentacle Tunnel...~~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast