Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crater Crag - Levels 217 - 222

Fashion Designer
    Level 222... glass moves level with snakes and stone jewels

the stone jewels make it tricky to break the glass and get rid of the snakes. but you need to **** all the snakes to get to expose all the glass. i tried to make blasters whenever possible to **** the snakes. also focused on eliminating stone jewels by turning them into a special jewel. that will really help to break all the glass since the glass cannot break if a stone jewel is in it. after i ****ed all the snakes, i found myself making plenty of bomb + blaster combos, but it didn't matter sometimes because stone jewels were blocking me from breaking the glass.

bye bye Crater Crag!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacredphoenix View Post
    And I'm sure it's not as good as aileeniweeni's normally is, but here's my attempt at putting a Digging Level on the forum! =P
    your picture looks great!! keep it up
    Last edited by FrozenTurtle; 06-04-13 at 10:12 AM. Reason: player request

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by OpeningCeremony View Post
    i think i've got my jewel mania mojo back because i just blasted through a bunch of levels. so here come the pics!

Level 221... fire moves level with crates and white blocks

just focus on breaking the crates so that you can start putting out the fire. i passed this with a bomb + blaster combo near the bottom. first move (in the picture above) i'd make is swiping the aqua colored jewels to break the crates. the fire won't eat through the crates, but will eat up the white blocks.

I'm stuck here! Always not enough moves.

Sorry you're stuck, finnth12! I'll prob have the same issue when I get there--hope they adjust it for you (us, lol!)

Level 117: 64 glass in 1:25 (5 JC's used.) Gotta move super fast on this one and do combos to make it. Start hitting (matching against) the crates right outta the gate...fast as you can! Passed using a diamond + blaster & blaster + bomb (& other specials, of course!) Then speedy swiping to wipe out the remaining...

Level 118: 18 fire in 1:35 (5 JC's used.) Wow, this level is really giving me a hard time. Of course, so did 117 and I eventually passed (actually that's a very old story, haha.) Not getting anywhere close on this one yet, and I've been at it all day. Just went thru 3rd round of energies. Ugh, these timed fire levels drive me crazy!

Finally got thru 218--whew! This level started to seem pretty hopeless, cuz I never had time to fight fire by the time I got the lock & chain open. Really have to hurry on this one and do some combos to clear out lots of jewels (to make room for more of L&C color jewels and put out fire!) I finally got the L&C open a little before time ran out, and a beautiful blaster & bomb fell right next to each other at the bottom. Perfect luck! Switched 'em...and out went the flames!

Level 219: 10 fire in 30 moves (5 JC's.) Took several tries, but finally passed w/3 stars & 8 moves left. Got 3 diamonds (seem easier to create on this level,) and used them to extinguish some flames at the bottom. Combined the 3rd diamond with a bomb, which took out most of the remaining fire. Then did a couple final matches and poof!...fire's out!

Level 220: Dig 16 meters in 95 moves (5 JC's.) So happy playing at my own pace with no timer! Tried it once and only had 2 blocks left over...wonder if that was my lucky board? The layout at the end is very tough, making this a fun, yet challenging level!

Passed 220--lots of fun! Whew, that goal line is tricky! I used a bomb + blaster, but too high up and to left, so only got me to goal on one side. Luckily, I got a diamond after. Had a couple blue jewels next to the remaining dirt/bricks on right, so swapped the diamond w/blue. Even though I had like ten moves left after that, I couldn't dig beyond the goal, though. It's really tough! You need special jewels or the perfect layout to get thru. (Took me 3 or 4 tries...)

Level 221:12 fire in 30 moves (5 JC's.) Loving these moves levels, but this one is really tight! I'm kicking myself, I had a diamond drop down to bottom and a blaster next to it. But there were only two of the blaster's color (red) on the board. I decided to "waste" a move up top in hopes of getting more red jewels. The fire ate my blaster! Ugh...so stupid of me! Let this serve as a cautionary tale for anyone who thinks their special jewel might be safe just because there are other "options" for the fire to consume. I feel like a dummy--thought the fire only ate specials when there weren't regulars left in their path. Doh! That's also what I get for being greedy. I might've passed, but instead awaiting energy recharge. Oh well, I'm enjoying the level...and no timer!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Sorry you're stuck, finnth12! I'll prob have the same issue when I get there--hope they adjust it for you (us, lol!)

Level 117: 64 glass in 1:25 (5 JC's used.) Gotta move super fast on this one and do combos to make it. Start hitting (matching against) the crates right outta the gate...fast as you can! Passed using a diamond + blaster & blaster + bomb (& other specials, of course!) Then speedy swiping to wipe out the remaining...

Level 118: 18 fire in 1:35 (5 JC's used.) Wow, this level is really giving me a hard time. Of course, so did 117 and I eventually passed (actually that's a very old story, haha.) Not getting anywhere close on this one yet, and I've been at it all day. Just went thru 3rd round of energies. Ugh, these timed fire levels drive me crazy!
    Sorry, I'm on level 226 already, after you pass this level (221), the next several levels were easy. What I did was, I broke most of the crate in the middle, created bomb and blaster on the bottom and mixed bomb and blaster together, it would clear all the fire on the bottom. Good luck.

Awesome! Congrat's on your advancement!

Fashion Designer
    221--I was wondering where you were now.

Still working on 221--always run out of moves! Can't get a blaster + bomb together low enough on the board to get all the fire. I've blown out most of it with combos a few times, but it always comes back from lack of good moves (or my moves just run out.) They don't give nearly enough on this level--waiting on a lucky board! At least there's no timer~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast