Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boneyard Desert - Levels 205 - 210

What is your time on 207, Ozzy--4:15? I feel for you; I had a tough time with that one, myself! I was begging for more time, too. Hopefully they hear your plea. (Also, I'd like to go back and increase my score...)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Thanks for the support, guys! I feel so guilty, though. Last night I got so tired of the stressful, unsuccessful attempts at level 210. I'm embarrassed to say I *****ed--I used a boost. After all this time! (Hanging my head in shame...) I confess, I pretty-much paid my way thru the level. Don't get me wrong--nothing wrong with boosts. I was just trying to challenge myself to win without them.

I can't believe it...over 200 levels beat without boosts (but I got SO fed-up!) I was so far from the goal line; it seemed impossible for me to pass. There was one of those "gold sales" going on, so I bought some. I was thinking, "If I get close, I'll break down & buy one of those auto-blaster thingies." I kept trying, playing round after round, and still only getting 4 meters down. Finally, on a slightly smoother attempt, I got halfway down & saw time was getting low. I thought "whatever," and bought the boost--& applied it. Then I did it again. I kept swiping and trying to blast thru the final bits of super dirt, but actually had to buy a 3rd boost. (After all that, I didn't want it to have been for nothing.) So I passed...and felt nothing but disappointment!

Since then, I've played level 210 a couple more times, hoping to beat it "for real." But no luck. Guess I'll just keep checking back (hoping they add to the clock so I can properly pass.) It's funny...I did it cuz I was so bummed-out. But now I'm more depressed than ever (lol!?)

Ironically, I'm already stuck again--on 212. That's at Misty Mountain, but I'll keeping checking on 210. If anyone notices a time increase (from 2:25,) would you please mention it? Thank you!
    That's nothing to hang your head at. Boosts are there for a reason. Use them when you need them.

Fashion Designer
    Then you can go back when you want to try and pass without it, but in the meantime, you will have been able to go on. Congrats on getting through it. I might need a boost on 201.

Made it through 205 the first time, but only one star. Bummer, but after 15 stars on Watcher's Rock, I can deal with that for now. I NEVER get 15 stars anymore! lol!

Stuck on 210 :-(. Any tips for getting through without boosts?

New Resident
    Have only ever started with 2:35 on the clock. Have been stuck on 210 for an eternity. Closest I've ever been is two super dirt squares remaining. Am getting very hacked off now

Quote Originally Posted by helkem View Post
    Have only ever started with 2:35 on the clock. Have been stuck on 210 for an eternity. Closest I've ever been is two super dirt squares remaining. Am getting very hacked off now
    I don't blame you--level 210's timer is WAY too short. I don't know why they won't increase it, as there have been lots of complaints/requests. I wish you the best of luck on it, though. I gave up, and had to use boosts to pass (1st time I ever "had" to.) Hopefully they will hear these pleas and add time for you, though...

C'mon, Team Lava! Please raise 210 a bit!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Passed 208, and it took every single move! Only one star, but this was fun so I'll revisit. The moves on this are tight, so have to be super careful with them. Plus you have to get the right opportunities (I really do want to play again so I can get them...& get a better score!) I used 2 blaster + bombs, but one wasn't very low (in sweet spot) so didn't have the best results. It's pretty easy to make special jewels on this level, but sometimes hard to get them together or "aim" them where you need. Guess that's nothing new, lol! Waiting for energy again, to see what 209's all about. Another moves level--yay!
    Still back here in the boneyard,lol. Been stuck on 208 a couple days. I see you have been moving right along :-)

Help! I'm so jealous of you who had 5 minutes and only 16 levels on 207- I'm stuck! I have 2:15 on the clock and 19 levels and it's just impossible. I can dig 12 levels just fine and run out of time. The problem is when you combine a diamond and a blaster, it takes one second each time a blaster explodes, and then you have to wait for all the new jewels to fall before it scrolls the screen down so I'm losing time. Combining a blaster and bomb seems to clear the screen and scroll quickest, but this is just ridiculous! I know I don't suck- my score for 205 is 497,150 and for 206 is 524,350. I thought 191 was hard (and lucked into passing that after 3 days- got a jewel shuffle and blaster+bomb combo at the bottom) but this may be the end of my playing

Quote Originally Posted by hiwindwardskies View Post
    Help! I'm so jealous of you who had 5 minutes and only 16 levels on 207- I'm stuck! I have 2:15 on the clock and 19 levels and it's just impossible. I can dig 12 levels just fine and run out of time. The problem is when you combine a diamond and a blaster, (...) you have to wait for all the new jewels to fall before it scrolls the screen down so I'm losing time. (...) this may be the end of my playing
    I was surprised to see they added meters to dig, while reducing the time--on a level that players were already complaining about! (timer too short, needed more time.) I checked mine, to see if it was the same (& yes, I have 19 meters in 2:15.) Then, I noticed that they also reduced the number of colors on this level to 4--it had 5 colors in play when there were 16 meters & 4 - 5 min. They probably thought the 4 colors would make it much easier to make special jewels & combos, so they made other aspects more difficult. Sounds like they went too far, though!

As you've found, diamond + blaster doesn't work so well on super-tight timed levels. Blaster + bombs are the best for clearing digging levels fast (make sure to swipe down or in the direction you want the blast to go. You want to get the full 3-wide blast to work best for you!) Swapping 2 diamonds, if you're lucky enough to get them, will clear all the super dirt (& most everything else) onscreen. However, solo diamonds or diamond + bomb is only helpful for regular dirt--they're pretty ineffective on super dirt. Diamonds can still help you though, detonating blasters or bombs you've placed, etc.

I hope they take another look at level 207 and add some time for you. Good luck!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast