Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boneyard Desert - Levels 205 - 210

Passed 208, and it took every single move! Only one star, but this was fun so I'll revisit. The moves on this are tight, so have to be super careful with them. Plus you have to get the right opportunities (I really do want to play again so I can get them...& get a better score!) I used 2 blaster + bombs, but one wasn't very low (in sweet spot) so didn't have the best results. It's pretty easy to make special jewels on this level, but sometimes hard to get them together or "aim" them where you need. Guess that's nothing new, lol! Waiting for energy again, to see what 209's all about. Another moves level--yay!

Level 209: 36 glass in 40 moves (5 JC's.) They reduced it by 5 moves (was 45 in prev post.) Took me a few tries, trying to make horiz. blasters & blaster + bomb combos. I eventually passed with a diamond + blaster, blaster + bomb, and a final 3-match in the separate column to the left. Yay--fun level!

Level 210: Dig 8 meters in 2:25 (5 JC's.) They reduced the timer from 3:00 (according to prev. photo post.) Only had energy to try it once, and I didn't get far at all. I actually cleared the snakes at the top quickly, but got stuck trying to dig the super dirt. Ugh, it was nice not being timed for awhile there (last 2 levels.) Hopefully, I won't get stuck again! Off to sleep...an energy recharge for me and JM!

210 is tougher than I thought (at least for me!) I've been lucky to get to 4/8 meters a couple times, usually barely 2. Pathetic, I know! I keep getting tripped-up/stuck with the super dirt (haven't been doing well with this feature, lol!) My special jewels aren't behaving...not combining/detonating early, blasters aimed wrong, etc. Ugh, no fun at all! I don't know what to do. I imagine with practice (doing this same board over and over) I'll improve a little. I hope that and a super-lucky board is enough. Cuz it's not looking promising so far...

I hope the next island has lots of moves levels (and plentiful clocks on timed ones!) And I sure hope I get there soon... Good luck, everyone!

Fashion Designer
    I feel your pain, Phaedrakiki. I'm still stuck on 192.

Thanks, Gardienn! At first I thought I just needed some practice and/or a lucky board on this one. But I can't get past 4 meters. Barely halfway after all these attempts. Has anyone passed 210 recently under 2:25? If so, could you please offer some tips/strategy? This is NO fun. Trying to pass these timed levels just feels stressful & impossible, not enjoyable & challenging as it should be. This level needs time added to the clock, or less super dirt...something!

I'm so sorry you're still stranded on 192, Gardienn. Not sure why they haven't upped the moves on it--I thought it was a tight squeeze at 55!

Fashion Designer
    ouch! sounds like conditions have worsened since my visit to boneyard desert. i remember i was rather fond of this region, but hopefully you'll get a kinder board phaedrakiki!! goooooood luck!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Thanks, Gardienn! At first I thought I just needed some practice and/or a lucky board on this one. But I can't get past 4 meters. Barely halfway after all these attempts. Has anyone passed 210 recently under 2:25? If so, could you please offer some tips/strategy? This is NO fun. Trying to pass these timed levels just feels stressful & impossible, not enjoyable & challenging as it should be. This level needs time added to the clock, or less super dirt...something!
    Sounds nightmarish.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    I'm so sorry you're still stranded on 192, Gardienn. Not sure why they haven't upped the moves on it--I thought it was a tight squeeze at 55!
    I came on today after being gone all day, and found 192 upped from 44 moves to 83. That's quite a jump. I'm grateful. I passed first time around, three-starred three rounds later. Now I'm working out 193. The doom gems keep getting me because I'm distracted by chains and fire. lol
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 06-30-13 at 03:19 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Thanks for the support, guys! I feel so guilty, though. Last night I got so tired of the stressful, unsuccessful attempts at level 210. I'm embarrassed to say I *****ed--I used a boost. After all this time! (Hanging my head in shame...) I confess, I pretty-much paid my way thru the level. Don't get me wrong--nothing wrong with boosts. I was just trying to challenge myself to win without them.

I can't believe it...over 200 levels beat without boosts (but I got SO fed-up!) I was so far from the goal line; it seemed impossible for me to pass. There was one of those "gold sales" going on, so I bought some. I was thinking, "If I get close, I'll break down & buy one of those auto-blaster thingies." I kept trying, playing round after round, and still only getting 4 meters down. Finally, on a slightly smoother attempt, I got halfway down & saw time was getting low. I thought "whatever," and bought the boost--& applied it. Then I did it again. I kept swiping and trying to blast thru the final bits of super dirt, but actually had to buy a 3rd boost. (After all that, I didn't want it to have been for nothing.) So I passed...and felt nothing but disappointment!

Since then, I've played level 210 a couple more times, hoping to beat it "for real." But no luck. Guess I'll just keep checking back (hoping they add to the clock so I can properly pass.) It's funny...I did it cuz I was so bummed-out. But now I'm more depressed than ever (lol!?)

Ironically, I'm already stuck again--on 212. That's at Misty Mountain, but I'll keeping checking on 210. If anyone notices a time increase (from 2:25,) would you please mention it? Thank you!

New Resident
    Level 207: trying more then 50 times and not even close to 13 meters. Can you put some extra time please! Very hard to diging trough the all 16 m. A lot of diamonds and blasters/bombs combo but not going under 13. Why not back 5:00.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast