Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boneyard Desert - Levels 205 - 210

Level 206: Dig 14 meters in 2:55 (4 JC's used.) Used to be 3:23 on clock; they reduced it a bit. I did horribly on my first try--gotta get better at this super dirt! With only 4 colors, it's easy to make special jewels. I need to make more bombs this time. I made too many horizontal blasters, which weren't doing any good!

Wow, you have to adjust your thinking--feels so weird! Although its easy to make special jewels, the layout made it hard to combine them. So I'm barely making it halfway thru 206. Hopefully I'll get better with practice! Awaiting recharge for now...

Whew, finally passed 206. Hurray! Still trying to get faster with the super dirt. I had a lucky round, though, and was able to combine lots of my special jewels. Btw, swapping two diamonds will clear all the on-screen dirt & super dirt on this level. I was surprised, cuz while that combo's great with glass, it's not always super-helpful with fire. Anyway, on to the next...

Level 207: Dig 16 meters in 4:15 (5 JC's.) Looks like they reduced the timer almost a minute (was 5:08.) I got about 8 or 9 meters down the first 2 tries, so I'm gonna have to get faster and get some luckier boards (it's easy to make special jewels, but you have to be able to combine them or aim them/get em close to the super dirt...) We'll see how it goes when my energy recharges. I can't wait to play with super dirt without a timer involved!

Dang it, I just can't get close on 207. I'm doing lots of combos, but the furthest I've been able to get is 12 meters (about 3 times.) Not good enough! Don't think I can move any faster, so I don't know what it's going to take to pass this level. Either multiple sets of blasters & bombs getting into the perfect places immediately, or I need more time here! Blew thru my energy again...

On a positive note, I'm enjoying the new super dirt feature, though...

Fashion Designer
    Super dirt sounds pretty cool. You're doing fantastic, Phaedrakiki. At this rate, you're gonna keep zooming on. I won't be catching up anytime soon, unless TL bumps my level 192 moves back up to a reasonable amount. You had 55 moves on that board. Aileeniweeni had 45. I have 44! UGH.

Thanks Gardienn! However, I'm not going to be zooming anywhere just yet--I'm stuck here on 207. Just blew thru yet another round of energies. They took a minute off the prev time (when photo was posted,) and I sure could use some of that time! Can only dig to about 12/16...haven't seen the goal line yet. I'm moving as fast as I can and bombing/blasting/combo-ing the heck out of the super dirt. Not sure what else I can do!?

I looked back at what I posted when I played level 192. It took me several tries and I ended up using every one of my moves. So I def feel for you on this! I hope they add more moves back to that level. (And more time to 207, please?) Fingers crossed, & good luck!

Fashion Designer
    If they don't loosen our bars some, I'm just going to have to look at it this way: If we pass them, we're Jewel Quest superheroes.

My pulse is racing, hands shaking so bad I can barely type...I somehow passed 207! I used every single second, in fact I didn't think I made it in time at first. I had a very lucky round, with all kinds of combos falling into place just as needed (no waiting.) On prev attempts, I kept getting stuck here and there waiting to blast super dirt. But this round, no stalled sections. Still, they don't give you enough time on this round, and I hope they add more to the timer. I must've done 10 blaster + bombs, & tons of other specials--and only got 1 star. But I doubt I'll come back for more if they don't add some time! (This level just isn't "right.") No energy to try the next level yet, but I'm SO thrilled that it's not timed!!!

Gardienn...does this make me a superhero, Lol? Fingers crossed for you to pass level 192 lickety-split...like on your very next attempt! Best luck!

Level 208: Dig 7 meters in 45 moves (5 JC's.) They reduced the moves by 8 (was 53 in earlier post.) This level is pretty basic, but the moves are tight so use them carefully. Only tried it once, and didn't even get close. Hopefully when I recharge, I'll have better combo opportunities to speed up the super-dirt digging!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast