Page 88 of 105 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

Farm Supplier
    I had a wing for sometime now, when I eventually gave up on getting the horn and decided today to skip it for 130, the skip price went to 250 gems should've skipped it yesterday

Rhino Keeper
    Since we have all been getting these three badges recently, and because the counter theory has been debunked, it make sence that there is an element of randomness. However, it could be that every time you do the action, the chance of getting the badge goes up. What was a 1/500 chance, is now only 1/475. It fits both the randomess theory, and TeamLava's statement. Just an idea

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kittensabc View Post
    Since we have all been getting these three badges recently, and because the counter theory has been debunked, it make sence that there is an element of randomness. However, it could be that every time you do the action, the chance of getting the badge goes up. What was a 1/500 chance, is now only 1/475. It fits both the randomess theory, and TeamLava's statement. Just an idea
    That's as reasonable an idea as Imhave heard so far on the subject!

Rhino Keeper
    I just got my miner's badge while collecting from the Deep Mine! I've been level 30 for 6 months or so, been bashing iron rich rocks like crazy lately. So whether it's random or you have to reach a certain amount of collections, who knows. It's my second badge.

Rhino Keeper
    I just got the Slayer's Badge for ****ing a troll. These badge drops sure feel random to me--got the Miner's one the other day while collecting from a Sparkling Mine.

Just got the Miner's badge while collecting from the deep mines. So now I have two badges (got the explorers one like everyone else did by expanding to that one spot, haha). Gathering all the badges is gonna take a while...
    Last edited by maguar; 06-12-13 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling

Fashion Designer
    I spoke too soon. In addition to the farmer's badge earlier, I collected the slayer badge tonight. None of these have felt random to me. They're coming off expected items. I suspect they come sooner or later depending on an adjustable quota based on the varying things we can do within a badge and how many times we do them.

For example, perhaps for the farmer's badge, each kind of crop has a differing quota to reach, and we have to hit that one quota if we collect only one crop, but if we start collecting more than one crop, the quota adjusts based on how many strawberries, cocoa, or sugar and their collective quota ratios calculated together, which may or may not count already accumulated finished tasks. So, the quota could be changing to match individuals' gameplay and make it look like badges are awarded randomly when they're not.

Regardless, I'm glad I didn't skip any of these goals because now that I'm getting some, and they don't feel random (to me), I feel like I'm accomplishing something. I'm halfway there.

I hope the rest of you start to see more badges.

New Resident
    Don't really think its ethical to just change the cost of things so suddenly, and dramatically. :/

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tanbi View Post
    Don't really think its ethical to just change the cost of things so suddenly, and dramatically. :/
    I feel disrespected more than anything. I am a real human being playing the game but it sometimes feels like we are just being treated as data points. Test group and all just make it seem we are all voluntarily running an experiment for them. Maybe our 40 energy thing might be taken away one day without a word. I hope TL reassures us somehow.

Farm Supplier
    Yaaaay, I just got the Slayer's badge after ****ing a Skunkupine
    3 down 7 to go