Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

New Resident
    Keep calm, guys... I think the badges are completely randomic stuff...

Executive Chef
    Got my nuturer's badge from watering fruit trees today. Good thing since I mostly stopped watering my mushrooms after getting my two free glimmerdust troves from adventures.

Fashion Designer
    for those that got nurturer's badge, how often did you water plants or chop trees each day? trying to gauge how much i should be doing this. i normally just water my fruit trees (~2-4 trees). but that's about it.. haha. once in awhile collect from mushrooms but i've been "fishing" with my leftover energy mostly

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    Got my nuturer's badge from watering fruit trees today. Good thing since I mostly stopped watering my mushrooms after getting my two free glimmerdust troves from adventures.
    Good to know. I am not having to waste energy watering mushrooms thanks to glimmer trove. The badges still seem random to me. My husband got his Miner's badge a day before I did & I play way more often than he does.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwombat View Post
    Good to know. I am not having to waste energy watering mushrooms thanks to glimmer trove. The badges still seem random to me. My husband got his Miner's badge a day before I did & I play way more often than he does.
    I kind of feel like when the staff told Maguar that the goals were not random they meant that only specific tasks would trigger a badge (i.e. you're not going to get the miner's badge from watering mushrooms), but that within a subset of tasks that apply to a badge, there is a random chance of getting the badge. This chance might vary by action as well, like maybe the Sweet Feast is more likely to trigger the Chef's badge than the Simple Feast, but it's still a random chance per action.

I just don't see how else to explain the pattern (or lack thereof) from people who have earned the badge. I said this earlier in the thread and I'll say it again, but I also don't see the point of having a non-random method for getting a badge if no one can figure out that pattern even after getting one. As far as I'm concerned, all 3 of the badges I've gotten so far (Nurturer, Miner, Slayer) have been random.
    Last edited by maguar; 06-11-13 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling

Farm Supplier
    I'm sure it's designed to be frustratingly random so you just give up and buy gems...

I've given up and gone back to playing once a day instead of whenever I think about it 2-4 times a day. There is no point to a task that you can't control. Shows the developers are still pretty "green" at game design IMO...

Rhino Keeper
    Got my Slayer's Badge - my first. Did nothing special n didn't count how many beasts I slayed. Guess it's at random after all.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    There's a pattern here. Quite a few people seem to be getting the Miner, Nuturer and Slayer in the last few days. Assuming that most people collect from mines roughly the same number of times a day, that makes sense if the Miner badge reflects a certain number of collections. Likewise with slaying monsters; it makes sense we would all hit it around the same time. So I am guessing we will all start to hit the next one at around the same time too, dependant on what has been your focus is the game.
    What you say could be true. I also just got miners, nurturer and slayer these last few days. It could be all the active players will get them at around the same time. Alternatively, it could be TL who are controlling when to turn up the drop rates for the badges and they just did for those 3 badges.

Just want to mention that I have still not gotten a single badge.

Farm Supplier
    Lol since my complaining post, the gem price of everything has doubled from 50 to skip to 100. And from 2 gems per hour to 4. Lol! Game -- deleted