Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

Quote Originally Posted by evritta View Post
    Been following the thread and playing my game. I have had NO badges. Play the game daily (most all day). I am at level 27, recently expanded to new expansion area..nothing. Shut down, re-installed, blah blah blah...nothing. I will keep following the thread. Has anyone figured out another way to get the expansion badge to trigger?
    I got mine from the square on the right of the kingdom(on ure right side when u play CS). It also has the same expansion requirements as another one. I originally did the one ppl were posting about on here and nothing happened. randomly tried this one and thurston popped up! No other badges as of yet but I'm trying! Castle story has taken over my free time!
    It was the one with all the trees in it. I've show the river/lake so u can get a bearing of which one it is. I think it was 10 lanterns and 145k or something, I hope his helps u get the badge!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	7550  

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilipipi View Post
    What do you mean by same way? Same time? What is it?
    Hi all, newbie to the forum. I just received my nurturer's badge. I don't think there is a specific method to it. I planted lots of new trees, at least 40 of different types, watered them as we'll as random flowers, mushrooms, not in any specific order and not all in one go. Looks like it just a matter of number of times. I must have watered varies plants at least a total of 100 plus times.

Got my first one today - Trial of the Miner. I collected from my two deep mines when it happened. I had been doing a lot of mine collecting to get the mithril.

Executive Chef
    Got my chef's badge today while collecting spicy feast, got the miner's one two days ago collecting from sparkling mine.

Host(ess)
    Just got the miners badge just from collection from a mine.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    Ok I've asked whether or not the badges were random. They're not. There are specific tasks that need to be done, the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways (of a similar nature).
    I find this very helpful. Thank you for asking, and thank TL for telling at least this much. It does help, at least me. There IS rhyme and reason to it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I find this very helpful. Thank you for asking, and thank TL for telling at least this much. It does help, at least me. There IS rhyme and reason to it.
    I don't find that helpful at all? If it's not random, but no one has figured out a single pattern (except the Explorer, I guess), then for all intents and purposes, it's random. Ideally, we would know what the rhyme or reason was, but barring that, I would actually prefer these things be random. At least then I wouldn't have the sinking feeling that any time I did something I was messing up some bizarre chain that would unlock a trial. I guess I don't see the point of making these things anything but random if no one can figure them out, even after obtaining one. I have 3 non-explorer badges and I have no idea why I got them other than one time when I did such and such, I got so and so.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty_Wench View Post
    I don't find that helpful at all? If it's not random, but no one has figured out a single pattern (except the Explorer, I guess), then for all intents and purposes, it's random. Ideally, we would know what the rhyme or reason was, but barring that, I would actually prefer these things be random. At least then I wouldn't have the sinking feeling that any time I did something I was messing up some bizarre chain that would unlock a trial. I guess I don't see the point of making these things anything but random if no one can figure them out, even after obtaining one. I have 3 non-explorer badges and I have no idea why I got them other than one time when I did such and such, I got so and so.
    I think they're pretty clear, especially reading how others have gotten them. Miner's badge from mining, Nurturer from planting, watering, and chopping vegetation, Slayer for defeating beasts. We don't know the number of times or the exact recipe for each, but we now know much better which activities are going toward which badges.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I think they're pretty clear, especially reading how others have gotten them. Miner's badge from mining, Nurturer from planting, watering, and chopping vegetation, Slayer for defeating beasts. We don't know the number of times or the exact recipe for each, but we now know much better which activities are going toward which badges.
    Yes, but it's clearly not a specific number for, say, the Farmer's Badge. Some people have gotten the badge from harvesting nothing but ~60 strawberries. Others have harvested maybe a thousand crops (including strawberries) and have not gotten it. I don't mean to say it's random as in getting a badge for something totally unrelated, but random as in harvesting a crop has a x% chance of getting the farmer's badge. Maybe the chance from each crop would be different (i.e. higher chance for carrots than for corn), but it would still just be a random chance per action.

Executive Chef
    I'm sorry but I seriously disagree with the statement that there is rhyme and reason to this. Since T&T has been activated I have harvested crops and watered trees and mushroom rings close to a thousand times total, noted by my maxed out crops and items, then replenished by making feasts then re maxed over and over daily plus a slowly down in other items I stopped collecting to focus on the watering and harvesting and still no badge for me in either nurturer or chef. And yet someone got a badge for harvesting a few strawberries within 2 days of the T&T activation. There is physically no way that person was able to accidentally water and harvest more items than me in that small amount of time, even working around the clock 24/7 (or as they say nowadays 31) not possible due to the fact that there is only do many energies allowance per day for all of us.

So either there is an inaccuracy in the information or it's another glitch in some of our kingdoms.