Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

New Resident
    Just got nurturer and miner badges within about 1 minute of each other from fruit trees and normal mine, not maxed on anything...

Rhino Keeper
    These goals and badges remind me of the collectibles in BS and RS. In the beginning everyone was interested in getting them - trying to figure out what would trigger getting one. Now no one cares. None of my neighbors in BS pay any attention because there is so little reward and absolutely no way to know how to get one. It is completely random (there are some correlations to actions, but no exact pattern). So if I get one, great. Otherwise it is completely not part of my playing strategy and completely useless.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna48 View Post
    These goals and badges remind me of the collectibles in BS and RS. In the beginning everyone was interested in getting them - trying to figure out what would trigger getting one. Now no one cares. None of my neighbors in BS pay any attention because there is so little reward and absolutely no way to know how to get one. It is completely random (there are some correlations to actions, but no exact pattern). So if I get one, great. Otherwise it is completely not part of my playing strategy and completely useless.

I agree. Plus, like you mentioned, the reward is little; by time you get it (10gems) you might have accidentally already used 10 gems in a "gem trap".

I only have 3 badges, I've already lost 2 gems accidentally speeding up a stone block. So, at this rate by the time I get my T&T reward... O_o

What began as a somewhat exciting and intriguing new journey, has quickly become a ridiculous and monotonous waste of time. Enough already, TL. You've made your point. Unless we skip these quests by paying you an exorbitant amount of $$$, achieving these goals is proving to be a painful waste of time. My neighbors are dropping like flies and that's a pretty clear indication that you are deterring, rather than retaining, your loyal players. Just something you might want to think about...

Fashion Designer
    got my miner's badge this morning when collecting from all my resource buildings, and collecting from the mine triggered it. i haven't been hacking away at any rocks and have just been playing the game like i've normally been playing. and none of my supply is at max because i keep crafting things. however, the mine that triggered it did include a golden nugget in the collection and is most likely inconsequential. just throwing that out there.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ody979979 View Post
    Just got nurturer and miner badges within about 1 minute of each other from fruit trees and normal mine, not maxed on anything...
    I also got the nurturer and miner within the last 12 hours or so. I go the nurturer while chopping down a few crab apple trees before bed last night, and I got the miner from a Sparkling Mine this afternoon. I was maxed on stone (I usually am these days), but nothing else.

I also just got the third Knowledge Shard today Apparently the lesson to learn is that if something isn't going your way, complain. j/k. It may however mean that TL's RNG is not very complex, and you can get a lot of "favorable" numbers in quick succession. Or it may be a total fluke. Anyways, it's been a good couple of days. Now on to that farmer's badge.

I'm an avid player, which means I play all day long, every day and have for months. I'm at level 27, I only have 2 knowledge shards, no alicorn parts, and have not earned a single badge. I obviously enjoy playing but I'm starting to get discouraged. Feeling very unlucky. I have managed to collect two mithrals, guess I should be happy about that.
    Thanks for the vent.

New Resident
    I also got nurturer and miner within a short time of each other, not maxed, and wasn't doing anything special.

I am of the opinion that these goals may have just been activated for everyone, and that many folks will start seeing these now.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by petal209 View Post
    I'm an avid player, which means I play all day long, every day and have for months. I'm at level 27, I only have 2 knowledge shards, no alicorn parts, and have not earned a single badge. I obviously enjoy playing but I'm starting to get discouraged. Feeling very unlucky. I have managed to collect two mithrals, guess I should be happy about that.
    Thanks for the vent.
    I'm level 30 but the same. Two shards, no ailcorn, and don't get this update. Iv been doing all of the above with no badges except the one for expansion. I agree with the progress bar idea, or if it is completely random, then its just annoying :/

I'm paying no attention to these latest goals and badges - pretty boring - and for 10 gems?!?