Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

This task is just unfair. I don't agree with the "randomness" of getting the badges. I have harvested so many crops that I've lost count. Sent my knights out every 22 hours and got nothing back (not to mention the parts for the alicorn). Chopped trees, slayed beasts/trolls/skunks more than I can remember. Watered plants to the point where I maxed out on petals and so am now crafting inks for the fun of it and hoping that'll bring me a badge (it won't). Have feasts coming out my ears. Crafted wooden beams/stone blocks and every other item from the workshop and I've got nothing. Apart from the badge everyone seems to have and that's the explorers badge, which seemed pretty easy to get. And then I hear some people have simply harvested a few strawberries and they got a badge. It's unfair. Who decides when our kingdoms suddenly receive the drop of badges (and alicorn parts). I get its supposed to keep us going but I would prefer it if I was given instruction eg. "Max out on all crops X amount of times", "send knights on X adventure X amount of times"
    I love this game but hate this goal as its not a fair goal for everyone.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleighncurrie View Post
    This task is just unfair. I don't agree with the "randomness" of getting the badges. I have harvested so many crops that I've lost count. Sent my knights out every 22 hours and got nothing back (not to mention the parts for the alicorn). Chopped trees, slayed beasts/trolls/skunks more than I can remember. Watered plants to the point where I maxed out on petals and so am now crafting inks for the fun of it and hoping that'll bring me a badge (it won't). Have feasts coming out my ears. Crafted wooden beams/stone blocks and every other item from the workshop and I've got nothing. Apart from the badge everyone seems to have and that's the explorers badge, which seemed pretty easy to get. And then I hear some people have simply harvested a few strawberries and they got a badge. It's unfair. Who decides when our kingdoms suddenly receive the drop of badges (and alicorn parts). I get its supposed to keep us going but I would prefer it if I was given instruction eg. "Max out on all crops X amount of times", "send knights on X adventure X amount of times"
    I love this game but hate this goal as its not a fair goal for everyone.
    I get that the randomness is what makes this game interesting, but I can't help but feeling there's some screwiness in the algorithms. Despite daily adventures for god knows how long I have 0 horns and 0 wings. 3 months of collecting from the Tablet have gotten me 2 shards. Expending all energy with little to no maxing on activities that have been shown to get other people badges have gotten me 0 badges. Yet I have neighbors struggling to land any Mithril and I have 11. I have neighbors waiting on their first or second golden apple and I have gotten 6 from just one apple tree in the past month. It just seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty_Wench View Post
    I get that the randomness is what makes this game interesting, but I can't help but feeling there's some screwiness in the algorithms. Despite daily adventures for god knows how long I have 0 horns and 0 wings. 3 months of collecting from the Tablet have gotten me 2 shards. Expending all energy with little to no maxing on activities that have been shown to get other people badges have gotten me 0 badges. Yet I have neighbors struggling to land any Mithril and I have 11. I have neighbors waiting on their first or second golden apple and I have gotten 6 from just one apple tree in the past month. It just seems weird.
    I agree with you! This is why I'd like to know who or what decides when things are received. I got all 4 shards ages ago (so can craft mithril) and loads of golden apples. You're definitely right it does just seem weird

I've been doing all the above everyday all day, to no avail. The randomness of these goals is just outrageous. The frustration level is ridiculous and doesn't lend any fun to the game ..
    I still am waiting on alicorn parts, have only 1 shard (have had that darn tablet forever), and Sir Pigglesworth gives me useless items 98% of the time - bacon, water, etc.
    I used to really enjoy playing this game, but it's going down hill more and more each day.

Host(ess)
    I have to feel for all of you out there who are real pros at this game and have been playing a lot longer than me as I'm only lvl 28 and have tons of expanding to do. I received my nurturer badge a day or so ago and all I was doing was watering/cutting trees for sap to build Sabina's little hovel which seems really unfair seeming as some people are doing their utmost and more to get the badges. It also annoys me that you actually get the badge in your inventory. Is that really needed?

It depends how much the game dev's want to see people stay - I'm still enjoying myself but when do we all have to sit down and think that if it's a game and it's infuriating us because we can't finish goals then we need to stop?

Such is the addiction of Castle Story!

New Resident
    Am actually starting to get a little peeved by this goal. Have been playing for a number of days now, vanquishing foes, tending my animals, sending my knights off on adventures and so on with not one badge acquired. Feel like this needs to be more tangible (i.e tell us what we need to do to achieve a badge!) so that we have something to aim at. Otherwise it is just aimless and a bit boring.....was really enjoying the game until now.

Farm Supplier
    Well I can (also?) report that filling, yes filling, your entire inventory of every harvestable crop will not get you the badge...

My money is that its given out randomly based on time and/or so many per day...

Rhino Keeper
    I would like these goals better if they had turned out to be puzzles that were fulfilled by specific actions instead of random drops, but I'm really not stressed by the randomness or lack of instructions. If the building did something cool, like give out quests or give a monster slaying bonus, I'd understand peoples' frustration, but it doesn't.

Rhino Keeper
    This would not have been a bad upgrade if it was there from the beginning and the badge started to be awarded after reaching a certain level. Unfortunately a lot of people have finished all other goals available and have nothing else to do other than to wait for badges to be awarded. It would have been better this upgrade was released with another storyline update so that there were other goals to work on. We just run out of things to do.

I have been working on all of these for about 2 weeks and nothing is working! I'm getting annoyed.