Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

Rhino Keeper
    Tried most of the things and till today i still don't get other badges yet except the Trial Of The Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by s350z View Post
    Yaaaaay, I've just gotten my first T&T badge - Trial of the Nuturer .
    I was chopping an Oak tree when Thurston's head popped up saying " That's a heck of a lot of Watering, you have made things grow from the land, just as your lands will grow! You have passed the Nuturer Trial!"

Yuppiiiiiiiiiii. I will post pics of this achievement when I get into my computer. iPad is useless when it comes to upload pics

PS: I've watered and chopped lots and lots of different trees to get Sap and ended up getting the badge, all kind of trees, Elm, Oak, but mainly Willow and Crab Apple tree, I've also watered my fruit trees number of times.
    I'm gathering up quotes of people who have obtained a badge or more. Congratulations, s350z!

Quote Originally Posted by journeysmom View Post
    I just got the "explorers" badge. Had nothing to do with the far upper left expansion, but most likely the number of total expansions I have made. I might be level 28, but have many expansions left to do. I have done none of the permit expansions. FYIW
    OK, thanks, so now I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilipipi View Post
    I agree. Additional Information does not help. Someone got a badge from planting strawberries. The fact that they are writing down more info tells me that this badge is still random and that they are not going to change anything.
    Really? Goodbye, Strawberry Scholar!

Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    So I have the most awesome neighbor. He's working very hard and so far got 3 badges not including the explorer badge. He doesn't know if there is a magic number (of actions), he's more inclined to think that badges are random drop like alicorn parts and shards.

Chef badge: cooking feasts in the kitchen. He made about 20 hearty feasts, 10 valentines, and probably 20 other feasts.
    Nurturer: comes from watering stuff, mushroom, tree, fruit trees. He's watered hundreds of things and badge came while watering a crab apple tree
    Slayer: about 200 beasts total, badge came upon slaying a fangbeasts.

I also have a neighbor that got the farmer badge after growing 66 strawberries. We all know it's quite random because we all grew a lot more crops than that and didn't get badge.

I think if badges are like shards or alicorn parts then there's no need sweating over this goal. Just carry on and badges will come someday. Good luck everyone
    You have a cool neighbor! I'll have to write these down.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen4070 View Post
    I got Trial of the Nurturer while CHOPPING trees. Odd since it talked about watering when the dialogue gave me the badge.

So tending plants in g eneral might work.
    I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by 081702 View Post
    I used gems galore to skip pass many parts of the Sabina line. My skip is 50 gems. If the building did something glorious id have considered doing it too. But since its just fancy decoration ill pass. I don't like how its overtly random for most of us, but some folks have been getting badges for doing the most simple tasks.

I've harvested more strawberries, glimmer bulbs, wheat, sugar cane and cocoa than I can remember. And still nothing.
    Try Corn.

Quote Originally Posted by catcrack View Post
    Trial of The Chef
    Awarded for making hearty feasts
    I've got 2 in my inventory, well, 1 after my knights come back from Hunt Roaming Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by meykaboo View Post
    I got the explorer badge after expanding twice but it didn't register until I restarted the game several hours later. I'm disappointed because this quest is just no fun and something I have to ignore like the unicorn. I guess I'll just work on upgrading all my buildings like I was going to before this mess came out.
    Aww, don't be put off by a small quest

I got the nurturer badge while chopping down a crab apple tree with ten chops. I have been growing approximatelly 30 trees in the last week for the wood needed for my other quests. And i found that 10 full chops are more likely to prompt skunkupines.

New Resident
    I got the Trial of the Chef Badge today, by making 8 Valentin Feast, 28 Hearty Feast, and about 2 or 3 Simple Feast. I hope that helpful. I trying to work for the another Badge.

Executive Chef
    I have planted,watered and chopped bout 15 trees,harvested a full (level 30) field of wheat,feed my animals constantly(10 at least at a time),what more can I do?!!!!

Received Nurturer Badge while watering willow sprouts. Like others, I grow many willows to keep up with sap needs. Today I got a badge for doing that.

Banned
    I've now planted and harvested my fill of corn and every other thing available. I've been chopping the trees too. Ill go plant some more in a minute. I'm tired of trading so ill use my eggs, fish me and milk to stock up on adventure meals.

Executive Chef
    They've lowered the skip amount to 50 gems per trial-so yup,I skipped,not a fan of this goal and the headaches I was getting,only thing that hurt was to give up my 2 sweet feasts to get it to max level(gemmed nothing ,had everything on hand,sorry,but I forgot what's neede for each level,just pushed build when I saw I had the materials for each level up)

Fashion Designer
    Me too! After reading your post, I decided to do the same. Such a relief to not have that rock in my shoe.

Farm Supplier
    Yay I just got my Trial of the Slay Badge after slaying a glimmer troll.

I must say, I may have slain 75-125 beasts since the T&T goal arrived. About 40+ were glimmer trolls.