Page 34 of 105 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarcisia55 View Post
    I'm doing the same, going back to normal, going to adventures daily, continuing expanding (I have just 1 plot left) and I will forget about the trials and tributes as I forgot about the alicorn.
    I think, TL got new programmers, who used to work at puzzle games
    I play games because I love to play, but I do not play to get frustrated
    you are right, living guessing that's crazy, you have to keep playing normally

Thanks everyone ... Now I know that I'm not the only one here that's frustrated with these goals. I'll be going back to actually playing the game and enjoying it, and just putting this on the back burner. It's at the bottom of my goals so I won't have to see every time I open the goals unless I scroll down to it.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen4070 View Post
    I totally undstand you. I have some issues like a fear of responsibility and such, and having this game where i know stuff will be ready in a specific time, and i can work through goals and it details exactly what to do, it helps me calm down and work towards it, with a great sense of achievement when done... Te trials, well, i will just ignore them, honestly, until i know what they are about or they happen by themselves. Luckily im still working in the sabina quest so i have goals to do yet, plus i do want to max out on everything cuz im ocd like that.
    Totally agree!!!

I only have this and the alicorn, so it would be nice to have something to work toward other than building upgrades and 4 expansions I have left. ��

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcat99 View Post
    I really don't like these trials. I've been playing since November and the game has always been a pleasant refuge from real life. One of the things I liked about it was the sense that, here at least, I was in control. I arranged my kingdom so that it functioned efficiently and was attractive to look at and I slowly worked towards my goals. Some of them took a long time, but that just increased the feeling of satisfaction when they were achieved. I got a lot of fun from prioritising and planning. Now I don't know what I'm doing and am filled with a vague anxiety. The game is finally starting to feel like something I could do without. The thing is, this isn't the type of game where you think about a puzzle and quickly try various solutions. It could take hours or days to try something out, and if you're wrong, the frustration would be crushing. If no clues appear in the next day or so, I think it will be time to go cold turkey and turn back to the real world again.
    Totally agree!!!

Farm Supplier
    My skip is 100 each

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarcisia55 View Post
    I'm doing the same, going back to normal, going to adventures daily, continuing expanding (I have just 1 plot left) and I will forget about the trials and tributes as I forgot about the alicorn.
    I think, TL got new programmers, who used to work at puzzle games
    I play games because I love to play, but I do not play to get frustrated
    I dislike trials and tributes too.
    I think is TL programmers who should feel frustrated... I'm going to ignore this "update" until they improve explanations about how to deal with them.

Have a nice day players!

I'm with ghjvcucjb-I'm just going to play and not fixate on this new, mysterious goal.

Well, not that I mind the new challenge, but I have already been challenged by playing faithfully and never getting the Allicorns wing to complete that goal (except for three days out of town, I have played faithfully). I have assumed that my chances for it ended weeks ago and that the goal is dead. I also lost a goal by 10 minutes once because I ran out of time just before I was done collecting. No one likes to play a game where you can ne'er do well. I expect you will find higher frustration levels and more quitters among those who can't check their games frequently. Please remember to make sure to keep a balance of doable goals.

Not quitting,
    penguin801
    Hickory Grove

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with so many of you here, I started this game thru the Dragon Story as a goal there 6 months ago, I gave up on the Dragons as I had reached the highest level, so here I am completely loving Castle Story, but I had hoped for more expansions, I am out of room, I want the Royal Chateau and so close to getting it, but no room. So I was thrilled with the update and a new expansion slot, I am also at level 30 here with no higer levels to go to. So I wait, wait for more space, wait for a higher level, and ready for my last building.. A bit disapointed in this last Goal of Trial and Tribute, but hanging in there anyway. Will continue on and if something good happens so be it, if not, then i will wait.. One more thing.. I just loved the comment about Thurston, he does have a lot of nerve come to think of it. LOL