Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

I happen to do a expansion n it says I unlock/ complete the trails of explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by mom4surex2 View Post
    I really don't like these trials either. The alicorn has been annoying... I got one piece day one and have been waiting on the other ever since, but I can deal with that. Now having new things that seem totally arbitrary just isn't fun. If I have to make 100 feasts just tell me and I will start hacking away. If they are all things we will eventually do anyway, I really don't get the point. I just hate wondering if I need to max things out or do certain combinations of things...that's not fun. Just tell us what it is we need to do so we can get to work. This isn't fun, it makes me feel like the programmers are making fun of us for caring about the game.
    I'm getting frustrated with this too, as no progress is being shown for anything I've done for the last 5 hours this morning and no telling how many hours yesterday. The trial should at least show some progress, even if its just 1%, after completing some actions associated with it. It'll be forever til I'll be able to complete explorer trial since I just expanded to the troll kings pit and am battling him now.
    Can someone at TL explain why no one is seeing a progress count on any of the trials?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rocnhrd View Post
    The questions with each trial is in past tense "have you tended" "have you built" etc. a trial is usually what has happened and maybe there is a number associated with each trial that when that number is reached a tribute will be given. I am not going after these as previous tasks, but just keep enjoying the game and if I get a tribute it will be a good bonus.
    Too be quite honest, I find it slightly irritating that Thurston has the nerve to ask me this. YES Thurston, I HAVE tended, built, crafted, cooked, feed, water, cleaned, brought home the bacon and fried it up in a pan! He appears to be completely oblivious to what I do to keep this kingdom running smoothly so he and all the other characters can wonder peacefully around a safe well cared for kingdom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I'm getting frustrated with this too, as no progress is being shown for anything I've done for the last 5 hours this morning and no telling how many hours yesterday. The trial should at least show some progress, even if its just 1%, after completing some actions associated with it. It'll be forever til I'll be able to complete explorer trial since I just expanded to the troll kings pit and am battling him now.
    Can someone at TL explain why no one is seeing a progress count on any of the trials?
    I think if we wanted to play a puzzle game, we'd be the people playing the stupid hidden object games or a lot of the other "here is a door and a ball figure out what you should do" games out there. We don't though, we play a cute game with castles and potions and crops. We love having goals to work toward, but if I wanted to solve a mystery I'd play a different game. I think they need to realize their audience before I hit the x and finally stop playing after months and months of enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    In any case after today, if there isn't more directions given, I'll probably go back to what I was doing before T&T appeared. Don't want this awesome game to turn into a chore.
    I'm feeling the same way right now. Need to know exactly what's expected for T&T so I know what is required, otherwise it's just another item in the list for me.
    So TL, why can't you give us some idea or clue as to what needs to be done here. There are over 300 posts already.

Fashion Designer
    i think it's pretty obvious that we have to complete each task a certain amount of times. but it's hard to determine which tasks within each category and how many times. since this goal was designed to be for the long-term, the amount of times for tasks will probably be high. except for the explorer badge, which seemed to register after expanding once to that particular new plot. also with the 'progress' blinking for that goal, seems like as we play the game as we normally do, we are accumulating progress towards one or some of the badges. i probably should've kept a log of my activities, but that'll just take too much work so i'm just gonna play like normal and hope that things start to check off. i guess i have to plant things i normally wouldn't and cook and craft things that i don't normally make. at least the slayer and mining trial seems pretty straight forward

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Hey everyone! Our creative Castle Story team crafted this set of trials for you all to figure out. It's meant to provide you with a long-term and challenging experience. We'll leave the popcorn for later, but we're definitely very interested in your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    Too be quite honest, I find it slightly irritating that Thurston has the nerve to ask me this. YES Thurston, I HAVE tended, built, crafted, cooked, feed, water, cleaned, brought home the bacon and fried it up in a pan! He appears to be completely oblivious to what I do to keep this kingdom running smoothly so he and all the other characters can wonder peacefully around a safe well cared for kingdom!!!
    Haha ...thanks for that tongue in cheek comment. Really needed that with all the frustration at this point. And like mom4surex2, if I wanted to play a puzzle game, I'd be there doing it right now.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Haha ...thanks for that tongue in cheek comment. Really needed that with all the frustration at this point. And like mom4surex2, if I wanted to play a puzzle game, I'd be there doing it right now.
    Yes, too true. I'm not wasting energy, randomly doing things, to try to figure out what counts towards the goal. I'm disappointed really as it's fun to get a new goal, but this one I will ignore. If I eventually complete it just from getting on with what I am doing then fine, but I'm not actively trying for it.

Fashion Designer
    It's odd that Thurston knows about the Trials and Tributes but not what you need to do to overcome them! He's rather useless. Where's Old Thomas and his books when you need him?

Farm Supplier
    Same here exploring the caves right now