Thread: Vampires Live FAQ for Experienced Players

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar

Vampires Live FAQ for Experienced Players

Now that you've gotten used to your new orthodontia, it's time to spread those wings of yours. You do know how to transform, right? Good, then come with me and learn more about your life among the unliving.

How good is Attack/Defense S**** compared to Attack/Defense Points gotten from learning Abilities?

Attack and Defense S**** are not equivalent to Attack/Defense Points gotten from Abilities; Their value increases the higher your level is and 1 Attack/Defense S**** is always more valuable than 1 Attack/Defense Point gotten from Abilities.

I had a higher Attack/Defense Score than my enemy's Defense/Attack Score but I still lost the battle! How is that possible?

Attacking and defending is not a straight-up comparison of your Attack/Defense Score vs. your enemy's Defense/Attack Score. Many factors come into play when fighting an opponent - attack and defense given by Abilities, while highly visible, are only part of determining the final outcome of a battle. Your Attack/Defense S**** (as well as theirs) also comes into play. And there is also a bit of luck involved; having the best of every Ability does not guarantee that your Clan will perform at its best during any given battle. Maybe some of your Vampires aren't in top condition, maybe some of your opponent's Vampires are fighting exceptionally well, maybe you have some Clan members who are especially afraid of Zombies - no Clan ever performs at its maximum potential and our battle formula simulates these sorts of unpredictable factors (although the higher your maximum potential is the better you will perform over the long run).

There's a player who won't stop attacking/Hit Listing me! Is there anything you can do to stop them?

We can't do anything to stopping players from attacking or Hit Listing you - we consider attacking other players a standard gameplay mechanic and one of the more dynamic features of our game. What many of our players do when they feel they are being attacked or Hit Listed too often is band together with other players to fight back against their attacker - either through Hit Listing the player in return or organizing group attacks. The goal is to make the player realize it is no longer profitable to attack or Hit List you.

Will Vampires ever get a Slave that can fight back against Zombies?

[Edit:] Anti-zombie defensive slaves have been added.

How can I transfer my character(s) to a new device?

By setting up a Storm8 Account you can transfer all of your characters from all of your installed Storm8 games to a new device (either an iPhone or an iPod Touch). Please note that setting up a Storm8 Account in any of our games will link that Account to all Storm8 games/characters on your device.

To set up a Storm8 Account please follow the instructions below:

1. In any of our games tap the Settings button from the Home screen.
    2. Select the Storm8 tab.
    3. In the fields on the bottom of the screen enter your desired Username, your e-mail address, and your password and tap the Create Account button.

To transfer a Storm8 Account to a new device follow the steps below:

3. Tap the Start/Resume Transfer button.
    4. Select New Device.
    5. In the fields on the bottom of the screen enter your Username and your password and tap the Transfer button.

Voila! You should now be able to access your old device's character in any of our games on your new device.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    So you fancy yourself a Vampire, hmm? Well, you've certainly got the complexion for it. And no heartbeat, that's a good sign too. Now let's see those teeth. Nice, very nice - but can you use them? Keep reading to learn the ins and outs of stalking the living and the undead alike.

What are the bonuses granted by the different countries?

Choosing a Class is an important part of the game that can allow you to Attack more often, allow you to complete more Missions over time, or earn more Blood.. If you are unhappy with your initial Class choice, you can always change it later in exchange for Loyalty Points. The bonuses for each Class are as follows:

Overlord - Gains Blood faster.
    Berserker - Heals faster.
    Daywalker - Gains Energy faster.

What are Loyalty Points and how do I get them?

Loyalty Points are a special currency that can be used to boost your growth or change certain aspects of your character (such as name or Class). You can view the various ways to spend your Loyalty Points by visiting the Elders in-game. This page also contains links to the AppStore where you can purchase Loyalty Points for a small price (all prices are in US Dollars). We also release occasional promotional offers that may allow you to get free Loyalty Points.

How can I gain experience so that I can reach higher levels?

There are 3 ways of gaining experience: fighting other players and winning the Attack, being attakced by other players and winning the Attack (does not apply to battles won through the Hit List), and by completing Missions.

How do I get more Blood?

You can get more Blood by collecting Slaves (which provide an hourly Income), completing Missions, or through winning Attacks, against enemies who have not stored their Blood in the Blood Bank.

Why am I losing Blood!?

There are two possible reasons that you're losing Blood: either you have a negative Blood Intake or you are losing Battles without storing your Blood in the Blood Bank for safekeeping. To prevent a negative Blood Intake, make sure that the Upkeep cost of your purchased Abilities does not exceed your Income from Slaves. If your Upkeep exceeds your Income then you will automatically lose Blood every hour to cover the difference - once that Blood is gone you will begin to sell Abilities until you have a positive Blood Intake. To avoid losing Blood to players attacking you, be sure to place your Blood in your Blood Bank as often as possible.

How do I add people to my Clan?

To add people to your Clan you must first get their Clan Code. The easiest way to get Clan Codes is to get people you know to play so that you can ask them for their Code personally. You can also find the Codes of other users in-game by clicking on their names (either from the Attack screen, the Hit List screen, or Comment/Broadcast Boards) and checking their own Comments to see if they have posted their Code for the general public to find. You can post your own Code on your Comments Board (accessed through My Profile) so that other users can find you as well. There is also an Add Me section of the Forums where players can share their Codes with the rest of the community.

What do I do if someone invites me to their Clan?

If you get a request by another player to join their Clan and you accept, then you will be added to their Clan and they will automatically be added to yours. There are no negative consequences to declining an invitation to join a player's Clan.

How does fighting work and how do I use my Clan members?

Fighting takes into account the number of allies you have, what Abilities you have learned, and your Attack and Defense S****s. When you attack, you will use the Abilities with the highest Attack. When you defend, you will use the Abilities with the highest Defense. When you enter into battle, you can only bring a maximum amount of 5x your current level's worth of Clan Members into battle with you. Every Clan Member you bring into battle will use one one Physical, one Sensory, and one Transformation Ability. So if you are level 15 and have 100 Clan Members, you can bring 75 Clan Members into battle with you and will use a total of 225 Abilities. Keep in mind that you must supply the Abilities that are used yourself, your Clan Members will not use their own Abilities in battle..

What is the Hit List?

By offering a reward you may add another player to the Hit List and have other players attack that enemy for you. Players who defeat the enemy on the Hist List will be rewarded with the money you offered. Add enemies to the Hit List by accessing their profiles. View the Hist List by tapping the Hit List tab on the Aattle page.

What happens if i die?

If you are placed on the Hit List other players are able to **** you. However, death in Vampires Live isn't permanent and you will be immediately rushed to the Healer for resurrection. There is also a statistic in your Profile that shows you how many times you have died.

How can I transfer my character(s) to a new device?

By setting up a Storm8 Account you can transfer all of your characters from all of your installed Storm8 games to a new device (either an iPhone or an iPod Touch). Please note that setting up a Storm8 Account in any of our games will link that Account to all Storm8 games/characters on your device.

To set up a Storm8 Account please follow the instructions below:

3. In the fields on the bottom of the screen enter your desired Username, your e-mail address, and your password and tap the Create Account button.

To transfer a Storm8 Account to a new device follow the steps below:

3. Tap the Start/Resume Transfer button.
    4. Select New Device.
    5. In the fields on the bottom of the screen enter your Username and your password and tap the Transfer button.

Voila! You should now be able to access your old device's character in any of our games on your new device.