Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Misty Mountain - Levels 211 - 216

wow just had a heck of a time logging it today. Just wanted to thank you both for the tips. Phaedrakki the tip you gave I used quite often unless I couldn't wait anymore for the reds to line up. And aileeniweeni making smart moves is key on this level I agree. For the people stuck on this level please follow their great advice.

So funny thing is my last attempt at this level I decided to follow both of your advice. I started with Phaedrakki's tip about restarting till you get the reds to line up. I did this a few times but I had to restart the game over 40 times per attempt. So I gave up and just started when I had a good match up with the crates. Half way through I got a blaster and took out the snake. So on to aileeniweeni's tip: moving smart. Funny thing is though this time I created bomb + blaster combo and it took out and created 3 matches with stone jewels. I look to the bottom and see 1 remaining with 50 seconds on clock.......

I work it, work it, but no matches coming in the far right corner...down to 10 seconds and ready to quit but keep going....down to 4 seconds...keep going....then at 1-2 seconds left finally raised the stone jewel and made another match to pass the level.

I had way better rounds but sometimes it's luck and patience that carries you through

Now stuck on 214 can't seem to get that second snake head. Haven't even had a chance to attack the fire yet. Hmmmmmm. Luck and patience, luck and patience

Good mantra, dantelamaze! I'm almost to Misty Mountain--stuck on 210 at the moment. Would def like to borrow your words for when frustration sets in (if you don't mind, lol!) Glad my tip helped you (well, sorta!) I know exactly what you mean about it sometimes taking too many restarts to get the "optimal" starting condition...whether it's a snake-clearing move, a flush/flat match against crates, a horizontal match against dirt, etc. That tip has helped me beat many levels...but sometimes I pass when I say "Oh, forget it!" and play with whatever random board, too. Hopefully you've moved on from 214 and are enjoying yourself on a faraway island!

Level 211: Dig 12 meters in 60 moves (5 JC's used.) They've added 5 moves since Aileeniweenie's photo post, which was nice. I thought it was lots of fun to play! I actually passed on my first attempt, but I think I got very lucky that round. It's a straightforward super-dirt digging level. But be sure to heed Aileeni's tip about the blue 4-jewel match at the beginning, cuz the board really does shrink after that. As prev described, black jewels fall occasionally, but they didn't trip me up during my round...

Level 212: 18 glass in 2:25 (5 JC's.) Looks like they added :05 to the clock (every bit helps!) but this level has SO much going on! The unbreakable/stone jewels are ****er in this...they sink to the bottom and it's very tough trying to clear or move them. There are so many! I've tried this level 15+ times; I usually only break 9, 10, 11/18 glass. I actually got down to 1 glass once, but I'm not sure how! Unfortunately there were no moves in sight to clear that last glass as the clock ran down. Errggh! BTW, there's no glass-breaking boost to tempt you inside the game. Wonder why? Anyway, you have to get thru the crates & **** the snake pronto, to allow as much time as possible to work on the stone jewels. Of course you have to watch for the doom jewels, too. But they aren't too bad on this level; I've been able to clear them nearly every round (whew!) This one is tough. It would be fantastic if there was more time on the clock, but I know others have done it (so hopefully I can?) I'm still gonna cross my fingers for more time, as well as a lucky board with easy-to-clear/move stone jewels!

Level 212 is so difficult! the stone jewels are driving me crazy--there are so many of them! And it's so hard to accept the fact that special jewels & combos are no help at all!

Can someone please help me? How did you pass this? I've been trying to clear the stone jewels if I can, or even just move them out of the way. But when you get to the bottom, you're just swapping one stone jewel for another--so the glass doesn't break. I posted earlier that I got down to one glass once, but that seems impossible now. Did I imagine it, lol? Cuz I think it would take another minute or more to actually clear all the glass in this level... Am I missing something here? Help!!

I seriously do not know how to get through level 212. There are so many unbreakable/stone jewels...impossible to clear them all or move them from the glass in 2:25. I assume others have done it--but how? Help!!!

Fashion Designer
    sounds like you are doing all the right things in 212 Phaedrakiki! 212 is definitely a tough one but eventually doable. just focus on breaking through the crates and once you clear those out, slow down when you get to the stone jewels. you have to manipulate the jewels so you can either move the stones out of the way or turn them into special jewels. i know this one took me awhile. but when i focused on the stone jewels, i look at the jewels that are around any of the stone jewels and try to move them so i would create shapes to turn them into blasters or bombs. or just plain move them out of the way. i also didn't spend too much time on the snake head, unless i had to. i found that i eventually made a blaster/bomb to get rid of it just by focusing on the crate area. you'll get it soon i know it!

i'm currently stuck on the 1st level of mermaid shore. the time got reduced again! lol
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Huh, I just re-read this thread--new tips were already added for 212! Oops! I also didn't realize the level dantelamaze posted about was 212. Sorry! Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one who's had trouble with it. Unfortunately, I'm already doing the "right things" according to advice in this thread. Guess I just have to keep at it, make smarter moves, and hope for that one-in-a-million lucky round. Plus, I need to use that "luck & patience" mantra now that deep frustration has set in! :'(

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    sounds like you are doing all the right things in 212 (...)
    Hmmm, I missed this post somehow. Thanks for the encouragement!

Well, I passed 212, but only by pushing the extra time button (2x.) I got a reshuffle after my first move, which pulled the stone jewels off the bottom...making it a little easier. I hauled-bootie 'til I got down to the last few stone jewels, then focused on "smart" vs. speed. When I realized I had a shot at actually clearing all the glass, I spent the gold to add time. I still had some from my "210 splurge." I figured I'd accidentally spend it eventually, so why not spend it when it would actually help? I "*****ed" again, but I was so frustrated by this one. Hopefully they will add some time to this level and I can play it again to pass for real. (Now I gotta keep watch on 210 & 212's clocks so I can redo; soon as those timers increase, haha!)

Lots of advice in this thread, but let me agree with Aileeniweeni/OpeningCeremony about the snake. Prior to playing the level, I thought it might be helpful to start with a snake-clearing move (like I mentioned to dantelamaze.) But it's really not necessary...the hardest part of this level is the stone jewels. Sure, the snake, crates, & doom jewels have to be dealt with. But if you just make special jewels and combos, you'll pretty much wipe out the snake and the rest in that process. Then follow the other advice--hopefully you'll pass much faster than me! Good luck!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast