Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes - Please leave feedback!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane1985 View Post
    What about a special one off peice that can't be bought, only earned by fully expanding your city?

It would be the centre point of my city that's for sure!
    Or reaching a certain high level

Quote Originally Posted by ebradlly View Post
    I am on level 59, and all the content that is currently locked at high levels has been a huge motivation in playing the game, as it gives me something to work towards and a reason to want to play regularly.
    If you unlock all of this content, what will players above level 55 have to do besides expanding and buying wonders?

I completely understand the need to keep new players and how the changes will help, but I think that one of the main reason that high level players keep playing is because there are still goals to achieve that these high levels.
    This is a very good point. Maybe they could adjust it to where at least one building every update is locked at a higher level. Maybe around 60-80+ depending on the size or the quality of the building.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by Charsville View Post
    You're adding wide screen support for iPhones. Are you going to configure game so I can see my whole city on my iPad instead of just separate sections? In the original City Story game we can view everything.
    Probably not much changing other than removing the bars for iphone 5's. I'll see what I can do about trying to extend the zoom level for ipad to a better distance, but it's probably not likely for this release unfortunately.

I love Mystery Boxes. I hope your prices will be reasonable like in City Story. Some of the gem prices in this game are pretty high for small buildings.
    Gem prices will be balanced better in this update, and the costs should be pretty reasonable. The coin prices will be a bit higher than you'll probably like, but thats mainly to pull excess coins out of the economy. Lots of high level players have a bit too much.

I'm not sure what you mean about some of the industry changes. You said over level 50 has to wait for others to catch up. Does this mean we don't get increases in goods or factories until lower levels catch up?
    The existing system was designed to scale up to level 30ish players, without letting you really continue your production capacities and abilities past that level. Things will go till at least 50 now, so you'll notice some improvements.

Parts requirements are going to increase for higher level buildings due to expectation we will have more neighbors to fill requests. This doesn't sound good to me. I don't need more neighbors unless we have unlimited gifting. Is the limit of daily gifts we receive from neighbors going to change or stay the same?
    Limits will be balanced. You'll also be able to make parts. I'll try to make a point to talk about this further as we get closer, so you have an idea of what things will require. I wouldn't try to worry too much just yet.

A few cities have completed all expansions and a lot of cities will be done this summer. Are there any plans to make more expansions available?
    Probably not. We need to do some performance tweaks before we can add more expansions.

A few of my neighbors are almost level 100. Is there a top level cap, or is it unlimited in this game?
    99 is the cap right now. It's unlikely we'll push this further until I see the active playerbase in the 60-70+ range for the good majority.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    I can't believe I forgot this MHz_, what about goods?
    What about em? I covered this a bit on my initial post

Will the capacity of goods be increased? Will the goods requirements for businesses be lowered? Or will the amount of goods be increased in each industry?
    Increased, yes, significantly. Requirements for businesses will scale based on level and length of contract. Most businesses will generally be in the 1-15 minute range. Contracts will be added so you can have timers as short as 1 minute and as long as 24 hours.

Also, Charsville makes some good points. Will there be more expansions? And will there be a functional zoom so we can view our entire city? However, this could be hard because if you're fully expanded and zoomed out the entire way, you might miss the 1x1 items...
    Unlikely for this update as previously stated.

And can you speculate an exact date this update will be released?
    I've already given as close of a date as I can predict.. the end of the month.

I just wanted to know if there would be any type of reward for long term players who have expanded their entire cities and spent a lot of hard earned cash on gems? - I understand these updates are to entice new players to stick around for longer, but thought I would ask anyway.
    I'd like to do some really cool stuff, but it's just not something that made it into this update. Sorry

Also any further word on a hot list development, would make it easier when visiting/gifting neighbours?
    Nothing for this update. I can add that to the list for ideas for the next update though. Depending on how well this one does, we'll know if I can get us another

Quote Originally Posted by elwood99 View Post
    MHz could you let us know the adjustment to the cost of expansion and time taken to expand? I hope it is a reduction of at least 50% time
    You'll have to wait till the update goes live to see. It's likely we'll definitely reduce things though.

Quote Originally Posted by ebradlly View Post
    I am on level 59, and all the content that is currently locked at high levels has been a huge motivation in playing the game, as it gives me something to work towards and a reason to want to play regularly.
    If you unlock all of this content, what will players above level 55 have to do besides expanding and buying wonders?
    I completely understand the need to keep new players and how the changes will help, but I think that one of the main reason that high level players keep playing is because there are still goals to achieve that these high levels.
    New content that will be added will go beyond the levels that I mentioned. Our goal is to try to fill in the gaps of things so that it will flow better. Hopefully the changes will keep things fun for you until new items make their way in that you can strive for.

Quote Originally Posted by threeway5 View Post
    The mystery box idea is a cool idea. But I would prefer to be able to access and purchase ALL content. Gaining something I already have or don't actually want by chance isn't very appealing. I want to be able to pick & purchase content of my choice!
    For the most part, you will always be able to do this.

The goal of the mystery boxes are as follows:
    - Take out excess coins that mid-high level players are accumulating by offering them the chance to effectively gamble for their coins at a chance for a gem item.
    - Give players who missed halloween/xmas content releases a chance to earn/display those items. We won't be allowing players the chance to earn the quest rewards though, only the items that were in the market.
    - Generate some $ through players who are willing to gamble a bit on the gem item that they get for their board.
    - Allow players to gamble gems for items that won't be released for a couple weeks

The rest sounds like what I expected. I just hope the Goods requirements drops significantly (50 - 70%) for those high end businesses. I would have lots more Office buildings in my city if the Goods required to replenish wasn't so ridiculous!
    I think they'll be a lot more balanced. Hopefully you'll feel compelled to build everything

City planner & jewellery store = awesome. And don't forget to find ways to rewards us long term players! We deserve to be retained just as much as the newer players, so it would be nice to receive some benefits that give that recognition.
    Bonuses for expanding every square or reaching high levels should be considered to keep our motivation levels up & give newer players something long term to strive towards
    What about a special one off piece that can't be bought, only earned by fully expanding your city? It would be the centre point of my city that's for sure!
    I think it's entirely possible/doable in a future update if I'm able to do one. I'd love to be able to have a #of expansions unlocked requirement for a decoration. That way we can lock stuff based on that kind of progression.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Please keep the questions coming!

Thanks for the changes! I can't wait!

Please take care to make sure changes to items we've already purchased with gems won't make them less valuable or productive.

I'm an upper level player (76) and I like that there are still a few things I can't get. It makes leveling up more rewarding. Hopefully we'll still have a few up there for us?

I love all the incentives for interacting with neighbors more.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanharker View Post
    Thanks for the changes! I can't wait!

Please take care to make sure changes to items we've already purchased with gems won't make them less valuable or productive.

I'm an upper level player (76) and I like that there are still a few things I can't get. It makes leveling up more rewarding. Hopefully we'll still have a few up there for us?

I love all the incentives for interacting with neighbors more.
    Gem items will always remain productive and valuable Nothing that was a gem item before will be made a coin item, so no need to worry there
    We'll try to get new stuff spaced out at the higher levels, but it may take a little bit to get there. Hopefully you can understand the reasoning for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    Gem items will always remain productive and valuable Nothing that was a gem item before will be made a coin item, so no need to worry there
    We'll try to get new stuff spaced out at the higher levels, but it may take a little bit to get there. Hopefully you can understand the reasoning for this.
    I just hope this means that if I want to buy a building that was once worth coins is now turned into a building worth gems. I remember I waited too long in City Story when the game first came out and I had enough coins to buy the Pet Hospital (or whatever it was called), then out of nowhere it was changed to city cash.

Designer of Worlds
    I just hope this means that if I want to buy a building that was once worth coins is now turned into a building worth gems. I remember I waited too long in City Story when the game first came out and I had enough coins to buy the Pet Hospital (or whatever it was called), then out of nowhere it was changed to city cash.
    I'll put out a list of building changes before the update is live so you're all as prepared as you can be

I'll put out a list of building changes before the update is live so you're all as prepared as you can be
    Thanks! That's so nice!

Have you thought of anymore changes MHz_?

Rhino Keeper
    Thats a great idea. Gives us a chance to comment whether we feel it is fair.
    I am at lvl 65 and I don't mind the lower levels getting or earning the same as I do as long as I could build the city of my dreams.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast