Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: New Game: Farm Story 2

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by anketam View Post
    It is sad that people's reaction to a new game would be so low. Normal reaction should be excitement about the next version of a game. It tells you something when people respond this way.
    It can hardly be called a 'new game' when there is one already existing out there exactly like it IMO. The original Farm Story now that was a 'new game' but alas TL have decided to pull away from their unique style/look to blend in with everyone else....sigh :/

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    The game itself may be fantastic. The problem is that people do not like uncertainty. Players have invested not only time but real money in these games. Some players have spent a little fortune on these games. Their fears are that the original Farm story will stop being updated as TL focuses on developing the new Farm story. No more updates, no more crops to master, no new items to buy, will mean that players will be forced to quit the original farm story and abandon all that money spent on the game and possibly start all over again with the new farm story. If TL would explain what's happening and what to expect then perhaps the reaction to the new game would be different...but alas...that is not their style.
    Right. And being on Android, we aren't even certain we will be able to play Farm Story 2 as it may not be released to Android any time soon, if at all.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and answer a few questions many of you have been asking.

Where are the Farm Story 2 forums?

The forums will be up when the game is available for all users to download and play on the available platform(s). Since the game is still in limited release, you can post in the General forums (General Discussions / Bugs & Feedback), or you can also post in the Farm Story forums (Farm Story Discussions / Bugs & Feedback). The limited release allows us to work on additional polishes for the game, but also fix any bugs that get reported before releasing the game for everyone to try and play.

Will Farm Story 2 replace Farm Story?

Farm Story and Farm Story 2 are different games, so Farm Story 2 will not be replacing the first Farm Story game. We will continue to provide new content for Farm Story as long as there are still players playing the game.

Farm Story 2 is a different kind of farm simulation, because it has many new features that are different from the first Farm Story that we believe a lot of players will enjoy. You don?t necessarily have to play one or the other, you can play and support both games!

Will Farm Story 2 be available on the Google Play Store for Android?

The goal is to make our games available for all players to enjoy, regardless of the platform you are playing on. At this time, we are currently working on improvements on the Android development side, so you'll need to stay tuned until we are able to provide updates on the progress.

We know Android players are interested in trying all of our new games and we thank you for patiently waiting while we continue to work on Android development.

I don't see Farm Story 2 in the iTunes App Store. When will I be able to download and play it?

Farm Story 2 is currently in limited release while we make the final touches on it before releasing it to all App Store regions for everyone to download and enjoy. When the game is ready for a worldwide release, we will definitely keep you updated with new Farm Story 2 forums, blog posts, and Farm Story 2 Facebook and Twitter updates.

Is this a change in direction for TeamLava games?

Not necessarily. Our goal is to develop and release games with new exciting features our players want.

There are many that have been playing Farm Story for a long time, so we know you're attached to the amazing farms and lovely friends you have met over the time you have spent playing. If you enjoy Farm Story, definitely continue to play it, but please don't let your love of one game lead to negative feedback for Farm Story 2 without trying it first.

Our talented team behind Farm Story 2 have spent a lot of time developing the game and polishing the new features that we can't wait to see everyone enjoy. Definitely give Farm Story 2 a try when it's available for everyone and share your feedback, so we can discuss and use it to continuing improving Farm Story 2 for everyone.
    Last edited by FrozenTurtle; 07-23-13 at 11:58 AM.

Executive Chef
    Very nice response, answering everyone's questions in one nicely organized post

Rhino Keeper
    I quite enjoy the new game. I never got into Farm story, but farm story 2 is much more appealing to me. The design is completely different. No energy or [] like that, but it did borrow elements from castle story. There is a market that is the main social feature which I really enjoy. Everything you farm, cook, or find can be sold at a price that you set, and anyone may purchase it. Therefore, you can browse the market or your neighbors to see what's for sale and see if anything you need is selling for cheap. Fun game! Love the style and design, feels like a step up.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 05-22-13 at 05:18 AM. Reason: removed starred word

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and answer a few questions many of you have been asking.

The forums will be up when the game is available for all users to download and play on the available platform(s). Since the game is still in limited release, you can post in the General forums (General Discussions / Bugs & Feedback), or you can also post in the Farm Story forums (Farm Story Discussions / Bugs & Feedback). The limited release allows us to work on additional polishes for the game, but also fix any bugs that get reported before releasing the game for everyone to try and play.

Farm Story and Farm Story 2 are different games, so Farm Story 2 will not be replacing the first Farm Story game. We will continue to provide new content for Farm Story as long as there are still players playing the game.

Farm Story 2 is a different kind of farm simulation, because it has many new features that are different from the first Farm Story that we believe a lot of players will enjoy. You don?t necessarily have to play one or the other, you can play and support both games!

The goal is to make our games available for all players to enjoy, regardless of the platform you are playing on. At this time, we are currently working on improvements on the Android development side, so you?ll need to stay tuned until we are able to provide updates on the progress.

We know Android players are interested in trying all of our new games and we thank you for patiently waiting while we continue to work on Android development.

I don?t see Farm Story 2 in the iTunes App Store. When will I be able to download and play it?

Farm Story 2 is currently in limited release while we make the final touches on it before releasing it to all App Store regions for everyone to download and enjoy. When the game is ready for a worldwide release, we will definitely keep you updated with new Farm Story 2 forums, blog posts, and Farm Story 2 Facebook and Twitter updates.

Not necessarily. Our goal is to develop and release games with new exciting features our players want.

There are many that have been playing Farm Story for a long time, so we know you?re attached to the amazing farms and lovely friends you have met over the time you have spent playing. If you enjoy Farm Story, definitely continue to play it, but please don?t let your love of one game lead to negative feedback for Farm Story 2 without trying it first.

Our talented team behind Farm Story 2 have spent a lot of time developing the game and polishing the new features that we can?t wait to see everyone enjoy. Definitely give Farm Story 2 a try when it?s available for everyone and share your feedback, so we can discuss and use it to continuing improving Farm Story 2 for everyone.
    I wish this would've been the case with City Story and City Story Metro last year. I still would've played City Story if it got updates. I remember I talked bad about Metro until I got into the game.
    I can't wait to try Farm Story 2 though. I just didn't want to see the original Farm Story go away like City Story did. Farm Story was TeamLava's first game and City Story was the second. I've played them all at some point.
    Thanks for your response DW.

Banned
    Even if city story doesn't get updates I wish I could download it on iTunes. I first started on android as switched over to an iPad. I can still download it on android but not iTunes. It would be so amazing to finally play it again without the freezing. I was in the middle of a huge city redesign.

Rhino Keeper
    Well hopefully Farm 1 will keep enough players so it doesn't get scratched off the list too. I'm Android only, already lost NCS and I'd been playing it a year. Thankfully I never played City. I can't help but worry looking at all their new iOS games, some have been out so long I've just given up on ever seeing Android versions. Farm 2 sounds a lot more needy imo, way too much going on, way too much to worry about.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    The game itself may be fantastic. The problem is that people do not like uncertainty. Players have invested not only time but real money in these games. Some players have spent a little fortune on these games. Their fears are that the original Farm story will stop being updated as TL focuses on developing the new Farm story. No more updates, no more crops to master, no new items to buy, will mean that players will be forced to quit the original farm story and abandon all that money spent on the game and possibly start all over again with the new farm story. If TL would explain what's happening and what to expect then perhaps the reaction to the new game would be different...but alas...that is not their style.
    Well said and that's exactly what I'm feeling. I have no problems with a new farm story as long as the original doesnt get abandoned. If it doesn't get abandoned then I'd be more than willing to try the new farm game and give it a chance. If the original gets abandoned though I Definetly won't try or download farm 2.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    Hey everyone,

The goal is to make our games available for all players to enjoy, regardless of the platform you are playing on. At this time, we are currently working on improvements on the Android development side, so you?ll need to stay tuned until we are able to provide updates on the progress.

I don?t see Farm Story 2 in the iTunes App Store. When will I be able to download and play it?

There are many that have been playing Farm Story for a long time, so we know you?re attached to the amazing farms and lovely friends you have met over the time you have spent playing. If you enjoy Farm Story, definitely continue to play it, but please don?t let your love of one game lead to negative feedback for Farm Story 2 without trying it first.

Our talented team behind Farm Story 2 have spent a lot of time developing the game and polishing the new features that we can?t wait to see everyone enjoy. Definitely give Farm Story 2 a try when it?s available for everyone and share your feedback, so we can discuss and use it to continuing improving Farm Story 2 for everyone.
    Ooh didn't see this before I posted my last post. Thank you so much for your reply. I'm very very happy to hear Farm 1 won't be abandoned. Xx. I will most likely give farm 2 a try once it's available in the American App Store now that I know farm 1 won't be replaced yippee :-).

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast