Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New Game: Farm Story 2

BlueCanary, can you post in-game pictures?

Banned

so those who have it.. does it have energy?
    it looks like this one does have goals
    Last edited by kooky panda; 05-31-13 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Discussing third party game

Executive Chef
    Oh no I was sooo hoping it wasn't true :-( Now I'm very worried they will stop updating farm 1 which I've invested money in. If they do Im through buying gems and I'm not even gonna download this game until we are told Farm 1 will still get weekly updates. I so hope it doesn't go the way city story did. The only reason I didn't put up a fuss about city story was cause I had already quit that game. I so love farm 1 and the pic above the graphics just don't look so hot. I so miss the classic games, wish they'd go back to making the classics and not this new stuff. City story was way better than city metro. I only quit city cause was playing way too many games and had to cut back.

PLEASE TL let us now whether farm 1 will still get weekly updates or wether it will be fazed out like city.

Farm Supplier
    I just started playing this game (I found out about it via the promotion goals for gold/gems in Castle Story/Dragon Story etc that showed up in my other TL games today). It does NOT use energy like Castle Story and City, and the game does have goals. So as long as you can keep farming and producing items, you can keep playing. The only limitation would be when you max out the amount you have in storage if you aren't putting the items to use right away.

For farming, you are given a small amount when the item is first introduced. Those are used for planting you first crops from which double is produced. For example, if you plant one wheat, when harvesting, you get two wheat in return.

Crops are used to create other products such as breads, feed for animals, etc. These are used on your farm (animal feed for eg) or sent out to stores/restaurants via delivery goals that earn you money and xp.

Visiting neighbours is similar to other games where you click on their buildings to help out on other peoples' farms. Buildings in need of help are identified with hearts. There is a wall to post messages to other people, but I haven't figured out how to find my own wall. I could only find the newsfeed. I only started playing, so it could be that it appears when someone writes on my wall?

One major difference is that there is a storefront option which allows you to sell to other players your crops, products, and game parts (maps, hardware/tools, etc) you have produced or collected. You can set the price you want to sell your items. You can also purchase items that you need via individual shops (neighbours or community) or the "newspaper" which gives you a selection of what your neighbours have for sale. One issue I found, or at least haven't figured out, is that once you put items in your store, you can't remove them or adjust the price you have set. Would be nice if you could adjust the price once it is already placed in your store.

That's just a very brief overview as I just started playing today, but so far I like it. Graphics and animation are nice, although after collecting from the animals, they flop over to, I think, appear as if they are sleeping or tired until you feed them, but it looks more like they drop dead :P You can zoom in and view from different angles/perspectives, as well.

If anyone else has started playing the game, please feel free to add me (lucky8canuck).

Well, lucky8canuck, can you post in-game pictures here in this thread for us all to see?

Grand Emperor
    I'm guessing farm 1 is on the way out. Replaced by this cartoonish arcade looking monstrosity. I'm not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I'm guessing farm 1 is on the way out. Replaced by this cartoonish arcade looking monstrosity. I'm not happy.
    I feel like TeamLava is trying to get rid of their classic games. The ones that made most of us customers. The simple games that many people enjoyed and always came back for more are now being replaced.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    I feel like TeamLava is trying to get rid of their classic games. The ones that made most of us customers. The simple games that many people enjoyed and always came back for more are now being replaced.
    I agree. They're changing their games to look exactly like all the other farm games. Except the other ones don't have tap to manage and have a confirm button for spending real currency.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I agree. They're changing their games to look exactly like all the other farm games. Except the other ones don't have tap to manage and have a confirm button for spending real currency.
    I think after a certain point, around Zoo Story (1) was when TeamLava started basing their games off of others.

Grand Emperor

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast