Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monument Isle - Levels 193 - 198

Level 196: Extinguish 8 fire in 60 moves (was 35 when photo was posted, though I doubt the extra moves will matter much if doom jewels are exploding/ending round early!) Only 4 jewel colors used, which should make it easy to make special jewels (which are mandatory for this level!) The doom jewels--ugh! Separated from the board, so you have to use blasters, etc. to clear them. I just played, and it took a long time to make my blasters & get 'em lined up with the short-fused doomies. Took too long--boom! Prior to that, I only had one or two moves at any given time. So it's going to rely on getting a lucky board with the right opportunities. Hope it doesn't take too long; I hate when doom jewels explode round after round. At least I can take my time--yay!

Omg, 196 is really difficult! I've only used up all my moves once--a doom jewel exploded every other time. As for the fire, it's very hard to put out. I guess the easiest way is to have a blaster + bomb right over each fire area (I did this and got one side out...but so far, not both.) A diamond + blaster might take care of it, depends on how many jewels are affected & where the blasters are pointing. I tried this, and thought I was in good shape. But it didn't work out (didn't even take out the doom jewel I thought was a sure thing!) You could line up blasters on one side at a time, but you'd have to set off both blasters in quick succession cuz the fire will come right back. So, in order to pass, you (I!) need to make it past the doom jewels. Plus, you need the perfect combo opportunities to get the fire out--what a complicated level! Fingers crossed, this one is challenging! Hope I get that perfect board soon...

Oh, thank you, thank you JM gods...I passed 196! I used a blaster + bomb to put out the fire on one side, and a diamond + blaster took care of the other! Whew, that level is a toughie!

Level 197: Dig 14 meters in 80 moves (5 JC's.) Lots of snakes in this level, but it's pretty fun! Played it once, and had the finish line in sight (12/14.) But that last snake was hard to get. Actually, a lot of the snake-heads are in tricky, difficult-to-reach areas/positions. Had 2 or 3 diamonds my first try...hope that continues, though this wouldn't be a bad place to hang out awhile.

I passed level 197, and it was so much fun! There are a few areas where you can get stuck trying to clear snakes, and it can eat up too many moves. So it might take lots of attempts like it did me. But always enjoyable! It's easy to make special jewels, diamonds, etc. & combine them on 197. Just use moves wisely, and this one shouldn't take too long to pass... Enjoy!

Level 198: 20 fire in 65 moves (5 JC's used.) Used to have only 25 moves (when photo posted,) but I needed all but 2 of those moves to pass! I actually got thru on my first try, but I know that was extremely lucky. I had some very close calls with the doom jewels, but I kept getting matches, diamonds, etc. just in time. Whew, all those doom jewels scare me! It was nice taking my time to tackle this difficult level. Even though it's not timed, it def got my heart racing!

Guess I'm off to Watcher's Rock now...can't believe I'm almost to the level-200 mark. So excited!

Farm Supplier
    The last couple of days I've had some problems with my game... One of the columns will clear, and then it won't refill itself

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	8095

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	8094

All very mysterious! And a bit frustrating, as t akes it difficult to make matches!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Wowza, had to go thru lots of rounds to pass 195!
    Yep. Ditto that. I can't seem to dig down more than 14 on this board, but it's not the time. Sometimes it's the board and sometimes it's me not seeing the matches because of the walls in the center so I just have to keep working this one. I haven't played it a lot, though, because I just got it, so I hope to clear it soon. It at least feels doable. No triple threats, just time and dig down. I can handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by pastasplace View Post
    The last couple of days I've had some problems with my game (...)
    Have your problems cleared-up, pastasplace? I get weird stuff like that occasionally. I force-close the game and sometimes restart my iPhone, and it seems to clear it up for me. Hope yours is all fixed!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Have your problems cleared-up, pastasplace? I get weird stuff like that occasionally. I force-close the game and sometimes restart my iPhone, and it seems to clear it up for me. Hope yours is all fixed!
    I was going to say the same thing but had to go before I did. I had the same thing happen to me. It finally did clear after I force closed and restarted my phone.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks Phaedrakiki and Gardienn! I'm off that level - it seemed to be that level in particular. Had it on a later level, but it dropped stuff in slowly, so it wasn't too bad.

I've enjoyed the past few levels very very much, but now I'm on 198... Doom jewels and fire don't make for fun times as far as I'm concerned!!

Fashion Designer
    I agree with Phaedrakik. 196 was tough, but I passed. I had only one energy left for 197 for I'm waiting for it to rebuild and try it again. Fun level.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast