Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monument Isle - Levels 193 - 198

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Level 197... digging moves level with a bunch of snakes!
    whoops i didn't realize the "area #" came out on the photos, so i didn't include it in my description. but it's basically to show how the board moves down. so after you clear area 1, it'll move down a couple meters to area 2. then once you **** those snakes, down to area 3, and so on. but the placement of the text is around where the bottom of the screen will be when you're in that area. it'll probably make more sense once you actually play the level.

(...) This is my first try at Phaedrakiki's method of posting a pic of a digging level and it was kind of hard work! lol. (...)
    Yeah, and it takes a bit of time, lol! (Though due to circumstances, I've got plenty to invest... ) But your pics are amazing! The levels look awesome--and tough. :concerned:

Glad you mentioned that tip about making matches "flat" (horizontal, in your example) against ice/white blocks. I try to do this, as well. It changes the ice to the same color (as jewels cleared against them,) and then if there's 3 or more, instantly clears them. Pretty cool, love the sound it makes esp. on glass levels.

Level 198... fire moves level with lots of doom jewels!

there are sooo many doom jewels (...) i guess i just haven't gotten a good board yet.

but a weird thing happened (...), as soon as the level started it said a doom jewel exploded and then it went to the level failed screen and it ate up one of my energies (...) grr (...)
    That's awful--wonder why that happened? The level looks crazy-difficult anyway, that's all you need to have that happen. That is a lot of doom jewels. At least now you can "shop" for a good board!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    That's awful--wonder why that happened? The level looks crazy-difficult anyway, that's all you need to have that happen. That is a lot of doom jewels. At least now you can "shop" for a good board!
    I've been trying out the restart and I kind of prefer not doing it because then I feel like I don't have a choice and so if I don't pass the level, I can blame the board. Lol. Now I have to take some responsibility for not passing! Haha. And I thought it would be helpful to restart in this level because of the doom jewels with the shorter timer... But it feels hopeless, tooooo many doom jewels!!

Anyone on this level or beat it?? I could really use some tips because I am struggling with this one. I keep having a doom jewel explode so I'm not making any progress with the fire.

Farm Supplier
    Yeah, outside of buying that Doom Jewel Nullify bonus, how the heck are you supposed to beat this one? I had an idea to let the first consume some of the Doom gems, but that's kind of a luck thing since sometimes those are the only matches. I honestly am not sure I'll ever beat this one without buying that powerup (lame way to beat a level) or if I get lucky and get a Diamond / Blaster combo. This one is hard.

Farm Supplier
    * Let the fire consume some of the Doom Gems.

And I'm referencing 198 if it wasn't clear.

I thought that digging one with the snakes was actually pretty fun, too.

Fashion Designer
    Wow can't believe I just passed level 198 and even beat Paul's score to boot
    Was on my last energy before bed and I managed to make a blaster and bomb next to each other but also a diamond nearby. I had to choose between using the combo or the diamond. The combo would've blasted in the middle of the board so it wouldn't have gotten much of the fire. Luckily I somehow made another blaster right next to the diamond and combined those two. Left me with 3 flames, and then I was just very careful with other doom jewels on the board and tried to minimize the spread of the fire. Yay so happy!

Level 193 certainly has a lot going on! Starts with 24 flames to put out within 35 moves (5 JC's used.) They added 5 moves since the photo in OP, but it's not helping--I'm not getting close at all! The doom jewels aren't too overwhelming, but the lack of matches can lead to their detonation (or getting stuck down in/near fire.) As prev mentioned, after awhile their timers are longer than the number of remaining moves...so they become just another jewel!

I've played several times and can't get the last lock opened (seems to be the right side always for me. ) Not sure how I can do better, especially since often the move I make is the only one on the board! Guess it will come down to getting a lucky board, but it's going to have to be extreeeemely lucky!

Whew! I did get extremely lucky! Had a great round on 193 and passed!

Level 194: 54 glass in 2:40 (4 JC's used.) They've added 20 seconds since the photo was posted in this thread...and it's much needed! Actually, more time would be even better. With only 4 colors, it's easy to make special jewels (which is always awesome!) I only had energy to play once, but I was swiping like a madwoman trying to open the locks. You really have to move fast and do lots of combos. That's what I did, and I got all the crates & lock and chain broken down. But there was no time left to clear the glass. I actually set off a diamond + blaster just as timer was ending in hopes it would get the glass, but I forgot it's double. This is going to be difficult to pass--those separated areas at top left & right--tough! Ugh, these timed levels stress me out!

The last level (193) was pretty hard, & it took awhile to pass. But it was a lot of fun (except when doom jewels got me--once only a few moves in, when things were looking so promising!) It's so much more enjoyable to play at my own pace, and have time to think about the best moves... Ah well, back to it when energy refills~

Ugh, thought level 194 was gonna give me a heart attack...not happy that 195 is timed, too! Played 194 nine, ten more times (got an energy refill from challenge keys--for once when I actually needed it. I usually earn them when I've still got 4 left, so not much benefit!) Every attempt I'd run out of time before I could clear the glass (after the L&C's cleared.) Finally I got lucky, and was able to combo lots of special jewels right after each other (like 3 diamond +blaster, & 2 or 3 blaster + bombs.) This unlocked the chained areas and gave me enough time to break the glass. Yay--what a relief!

Level 195: Dig 18 meters in 3:25 (5 JC's.) Looks like :15 was added since the photo was posted in this thread. Played once with my last energy, and got only halfway thru. Will have to improve on that tomorrow. G'night!

Wowza, had to go thru lots of rounds to pass 195! But I found I was digging a little further down each time...so it didn't feel hopeless (though maybe at first!) You really have to hustle on this one, and make tons of special jewels. It's harder to do combos because of the walls, but that's what it will take to pass (unless you're super-fast or get loads of diamonds!) I tried to start each round with a horizontal match against the ice blocks (or I restarted the level.) That way it color-changed the blocks and instantly cleared them (and dug down.) It's a small head-start, but every bit helps! I finally passed by making tons of blasters & bombs, and combining a diamond + blaster at the very bottom. The screen was flashing; I had my fingers crossed that the blasters would get that narrow area at the finish line. Hurray--it did!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast