Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monument Isle - Levels 193 - 198

Fashion Designer

Monument Isle - Levels 193 - 198

Level 193... a fire and moves level with lock & chain AND doom jewels

ok uh... this level has waaaay too much going on. so there are 3 segments of lock & chain in tetris type shapes. Left side has a count of 36 red & two doom jewels, middle has 18 aqua and 18 blue & four doom jewels, and right side has 36 yellow & two doom jewels. each doom jewel trapped in the lock & chain areas have a count of 15 and they don't start counting down until you unlock the area they are sitting in. i tried the level just once to test it out... and the middle segment unlocked first, as soon as that happen an additional doom jewel dropped into the board with a count of 10. as i continued to play to try to get rid of the fire and doom jewels, more doom jewels continued to drop in.

so uh.. i didn't even get so far as to unlock the left and right segments and the fire will spread with each move... i can't even remember if i ran out of moves or if a doom jewel exploded to end it. but yea this level has way too many components to focus on getting rid of. hopefully my next tries will be smoother :/

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Level 193... a fire and moves level with lock & chain AND doom jewels
    (...)
    ok uh... this level has waaaay too much going on. (...)
    more doom jewels continued to drop (...)
    Wow, that level is cray-cray! (Not sure if I spelled that correctly or why it "slipped out", lol...)
    (...) hopefully my next tries will be smoother :/
    They will! You are so good at this...you are blazing through those levels!

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Level 193 (...) 3 segments of lock & chain in tetris type shapes. (...)
    Definitely Tetris-y!

...middle has 18 aqua and 18 blue...
    So, when there are two colors on the lock and chain, you have to complete both requirements before any chain disappears?

...each doom jewel trapped in the lock & chain areas have a count of 15 and they don't start counting down until you unlock the area they are sitting in...
    When I first saw the photo, I thought you had to get to all those doom jewels in 15 moves--practically impossible! (Not that the entire level doesn't seem close to impossible, too!) Then I read this & felt a bit better for you!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    So, when there are two colors on the lock and chain, you have to complete both requirements before any chain disappears?
    this is correct! no matter how many of those color requirements are contained inside the lock & chain, you have to clear out all of them within a lock & chain segment for it to open up.

ok just beat level 193... i found that you shouldn't focus on the doom jewels unless they drop in very early on and then you have no choice but to get rid of them or else your round will end. once i started unlocking the left, middle, and right areas, i just focused on getting rid of the fires. so in order of importance:
    1. unlock the left, middle, and right segments by targeting the colors inside the lock & chain
    2. clear out the fire!
    3. eliminate doom jewels only if they drop in early in the level

doom jewels that dropped in once i unlocked those segments actually end up having a count that is higher than the amount of moves i have left, so it doesn't even matter if you get rid of them. Or they have a count that is close to the amount of moves left, so i was banking on getting rid of all the fire before they exploded. the crates will naturally take care of themselves as you create matches around them, so don't focus on it too much.

ok level 194... timed glass level with lock & chain and crates

so you can't really try to get rid of the glass in the unreachable areas on the top left and right side until you unlock the lock & chain. There is a count of 96 of each color inside the lock & chain, so you need to clear out 96 of each color for it to open. there is glass underneath the crates, so you gotta break those open to get to the glass. on my first try i had one or two glass left :'( almost!! ran out of energy so i'll be back
    my only strategy was to move fast and create special jewels if possible and do some combos.

Farm Supplier
    I personally am having a heck of a time with 196! It's just so easy to lose so fast! They drop some more Doom Gems on you too with 15 turn timers, as if the practically impossible ones in the middle aren't hard enough.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacredphoenix View Post
    I personally am having a heck of a time with 196! It's just so easy to lose so fast! They drop some more Doom Gems on you too with 15 turn timers, as if the practically impossible ones in the middle aren't hard enough.
    I just got down to one flame but I ran out of moves :'(
    Everytime I get on a roll either a doom jewel explodes or I run out of moves. Try again later I guess

Fashion Designer
    Whoa just passed 196 with 3 stars and beat Paul's score too! I swear you just need to get lucky with these boards sometimes ...
    Level 197 is a really fun digging level and was one move away from passing it!! I had such a good round I was sad to not pass it haha. Be back with some pics

Fashion Designer
    back to Level 195... digging timed level with walls and white blocks

This is my first try at Phaedrakiki's method of posting a pic of a digging level and it was kind of hard work! lol.

this level is pretty straight forward digging with just the added challenge of the walls to trip you up a bit. but there are plenty of opportunities to make special jewels on this level, so take advantage of that to dig down. you have to move pretty fast to even get close to the bottom and once you're there, you'll notice that it's only 2 brick pieces at the last meter to dig so you're gonna have to either use special jewels or have your jewels methodically placed to create a match right in that area to dig.
    when making matches on the white blocks, a horizontal match right on top of it is always good because it'll get rid of the white blocks instantly and also dig a brick level (if that makes sense).

Fashion Designer
    Level 197... digging moves level with a bunch of snakes!

At the beginning you will start out with 8 snakes on the board and it will not move down until you **** all the snakes. Then it will reveal the next section of 4 snakes that are pretty easy to get rid of since their heads are around the middle of the board. once you get rid of those snakes, it will move down to the top heads of the snake that is in a bracket shape like ] and [. when you **** the heads of these two, the body will remain and it will be difficult to dig on the left and right column of brick, but you must dig on those sides for the board to move down. then the board will move down again to reveal the bottom heads of the snakes, and you will need to either use blasters, combos, diamonds, or just get really lucky with a vertical match on top of the snake head to **** each snake. and finally one last snake body with 2 heads to clear before you can dig the last 2 meters of brick underneath them.

Fashion Designer
    Level 198... fire moves level with lots of doom jewels!

there are sooo many doom jewels with varying counts on the timer: 8, 10, 12, and 15. it's pretty tough to make a dent in the fire because you have to focus on getting rid of the doom jewels with a low count on its timer. i guess i just haven't gotten a good board yet.

but a weird thing happened on one of my rounds, as soon as the level started it said a doom jewel exploded and then it went to the level failed screen and it ate up one of my energies. i didn't even touch the board... grr oh well i probably wouldn't have passed it that time anyways, lol.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast