Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Highfall Palace - Levels 187 - 192

Fashion Designer
    yay great progress phaedrakiki!! i'm looking at the pics of the levels on this island again. and you can tell they're in the infant stages of our (my) posting of pics. thanks again for your brilliant idea of piecing together the digging pics!

Hmm, 188's a little harder than I thought. Took all 5 energies, but it sure was fun! It's so nice to think about your moves and be able to take your time!

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    yay great progress phaedrakiki!! i'm looking at the pics of the levels on this island again. and you can tell they're in the infant stages of our (my) posting of pics. thanks again for your brilliant idea of piecing together the digging pics!
    Thanks! Yeah, I remember when we first started, lots of fun! I can't remember what made me think of piecing them, though. They look pretty cool that way, though. Your more recent ones with restricted jewels look amazing!

Yowza! Took many tries, but I finally passed 188. I had 3 of the L&Cs opened, and combined a diamond + blaster. That opened the last lock, and put out lots of fire, including all of the right. I swapped a blaster+ bomb shortly after, but it still wouldn't snuff one pesky flame. I lined up a blaster at it, but it had grown to two flames. Put one out, and another horizontal blaster dropped into just the right spot and activated! Mission complete.

I did a lot of combos during my attempts prior to the L&C getting unlocked. But they only temporarily put out the fire. Unless you extinguish every flame (on either side,) it will spread again. So it's better to get the first 2 or 3 locks undone fast so you can do some combos lower on the board (that will reach all the flames.) A couple times I used a diamond/blaster that put out the flames completely on one side early in the game. But the chances of getting both sides are low (though not impossible!) If the color of the blaster you combine is plentiful on the board, and in the far right & left upper corners...it could happen!

Anyway, now I'm playing Level 189: Dig 10 meters in 70 moves (5 JC's used.) Snakes & L&C make it tougher. Tried it once and didn't get far--need to try something else, lol! Waiting for energy...

Boy, did I have a lucky board on 189! I had lots of diamonds, and did 3 diamond + blaster combos, as well as other combos. It's important to get past the first groups of L&C quickly cuz the 2nd snake head can take awhile (a little hard to get to unless you can line up a blaster "just so.") That was the trickiest part for me, anyway. Once the snake's gone it's not bad, provided you have enough moves left to finish. (BTW: they increased moves on this level by 5 since the photo was posted in comment #3.) Enjoy! A fun level for sure!

Level 190: 64 glass in 2:15 (5 JC's.) Tried it once and got pretty close, but gonna have to move faster, or do more combos (if given the opportunities!) No more energy...so I think I'm gonna go to sleep at a more reasonable hour for once, lol!

K, level 190 is proving difficult! At the beginning, I'm wasting a lot of time looking for matches, which are few due to the lock & chain "X" pattern. Once you start clearing the L & C, the board opens up a bit and you can make special jewels, though I haven't had many combo opportunities (or diamonds!) yet. Big combos are the best way to get big jewel counts to open L & C. I'm trying to focus on the color in the center, but often there are only a couple of that color jewel on the board. Maybe if I can move faster, I can create some combos and get that center L & C open!!! I had thought I got it open my first try, but now I can't remember, lol. Now that I've played more, it's seeming unlikely, lol! As for the glass, it pretty much all gets cleared in the process of jewel-clearing for the L & C (except for the center that I haven't got to yet!) Pay attention to the corners, though, as that seems to be where my last glass is at the end (cuz those locks have higher counts, of course.) The time has increased 10 seconds since this thread's photo was posted, but it's still awfully short...

Passed 190--yay! I finally got a few diamonds (and in the same round!) and combo'd one with a blaster. Prior to passing, I couldn't get the center unlocked. So if you can do that, things are def looking good!

Another timed one (boo) - level 191. Dig 10 meters in 2:25 (5 JC's used.) Tried it once and only got down 4/10--gonna have to do much better than that! Only one more energy to try again...

Wow, this one took a lot of attempts, usually only getting 6/10 meters. But the stars aligned and I finally passed level 191. It wasn't too bad for a timed level, but you really have to hustle...and get the right combo opportunities. I used a couple blaster + bomb combos, but no diamonds this round. There are a couple places where digging can slow, waiting for the right moves--besides the L & C which can def make you wait sometimes! Luckily, I sailed through those stretches this time, which must've made the difference. I only ****ed the left-side snake at the end. I got the dirt/brick shielded by the other snake from underneath (the side?) I'd dug down further on the left side and got it just as the timer ran out--close one!

Took a few tries, but I passed Level 192: 64 glass in 55 moves (4 JC's,) 10 more moves than prev described. Loved playing this level, cuz it's special jewel heaven! Combos, too...but the wooden walls are sometimes in the way. You have to use lots of specials & combos to clear enough jewels to open the lock & chain. Then hopefully, you have enough moves left to clear the ice blocks & glass underneath. When I passed, I needed every single move. My last move was a diamond, and I had three glass left, 2 different colors! Tried to figure out which would do the trick, and made the right choice (luckily!) With only 4 colors on screen, you get lots of bonus matches, and that's what cleared the last glass for me. Yippeeeeee! So fun~ Love, love moves levels like this!!!

Well, off to Monument Isle where it looks like I'll be greeted by doom jewels--yuck! Bye, Highfall Palace!

Fashion Designer
    I finally got past 187 with three seconds left. Only one star, but who cares? Good riddance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast