Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story has no goals

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Also, there may not be new goals for a while, we just had two sets back to back this month. You can find threads about those over here. You can also ask about your missing clipboard over there, a mod might see it quicker.

Rhino Keeper
    Me to no goals since yesterday! Emailed lava but no response yet!!

Executive Chef
    As I just said, if you've already completed the goals we had this month, there aren't any more right now. If you haven't, and they aren't there, ask about it in the goal threads in the subforum I linked to. You'll get a MUCH quicker response than you will from emailing TL.

Hi,

I got the exactly same Problem & Divice as discribed in the Initial Posting. Since Level 16 I am out of Goals except the Island 10 Fruit Game...now i was playing until 18 to fulfill the Goals for other games, but now I am bored.

And as a Game Designer I do know this should not happen to a Game, because you can never bring back a Person who left the game because of getting bored, but anyhow, everybody who got a bit understanding of how Games are designed do know this already. So I guess it is a Bug that should be recogniced by the Designers...

Thanks, cosmaterra

New Resident
    thanks everyone for the feedback. i emailed team lava and they said if there are no goals showing up than i completed all of them. i guess in other games there were continuous goals-and i liked that. for example, ive been using bakery story for the same amount of time and have plenty of goals.
    i like having goals personally, it keeps the game interesting (for me, at least).
    i didnt realize they do certain goals per month....ill keep that in mind!

New Resident
    So does this mean since there are no more goals right now I will not get the spring goals to do
    ? I am a newer player and just started playing and I would have really liked to have that trellis for my restaurant. It says in the design center it Is available as a goal.

Thanks for any input.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nickinbob View Post
    So does this mean since there are no more goals right now I will not get the spring goals to do
    ? I am a newer player and just started playing and I would have really liked to have that trellis for my restaurant. It says in the design center it Is available as a goal.

Thanks for any input.
    Sorry, but no, the spring goal set has expired. The trellis has to stay visible as goal-locked in design mode so that those who did unlock it can still have access to it. And yeah, it sucks, I have to see things I want but can never have too, in both RS and BS, and it's a lot of stuff because I've only been around since February, but there will be more goals in the future with plenty more stuff for you to unlock too!

New Resident
    Happened same to me in last few weeks. It's so boring to play RS without the goals to purchase. Teamlava should do something about this or you will loose gamers. It has happened to many people.

Executive Chef
    There must just be something wrong with me then, because I seem to be the only one who hates it when goals show up. As I said, it's like the boss suddenly slamming paperwork on my desk while I was happily playing solitaire, and barking orders at me, "Alright, it's time to start following MY demands again, no more just doing whatever you want!" I plan out my cooking to earn gems as quickly as possible, and that's how I've got a pool table (40), a dog (20), a jukebox (20), a section of wallpaper (10), oriental tables (20), among other gem items, and I've gotten all that without a single dime of real world cash. A handful came from the goal clipboard, sure, but the large majority came from my own gameplay. All the game goals do is set me back by days or even weeks from getting back to making my own choices again, which is how I actually get what I want in the game.

New Resident
    I see two issues here. Some players have completed all current goals, but still have the Goals clipboard showing up. Other players, like me, don't even have the clipboard! I like having the goals becaus I think they help me level up quicker and also make available design items that would otherwise remain locked and inaccessible. It's nice to have the option to either complete goals or take more of a freeplay approach. I think it's just personal preference, but without the option, people may lose interest altogether. I hope the TL engineers can figure out the cause of the problem.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast