Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watcher's Rock (Levels 199-204) - 5/13/13

The Honorable Panda

Watcher's Rock (Levels 199-204) - 5/13/13

TL Blog

Full steam ahead! It?s time to set course toward our next great adventure with Bean Dog. Let the lighthouse guide you into port, and drop anchor in the newly available Watcher?s Rock in Jewel Mania!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Looks hot! (Sorry, pun refers to all the fire levels and is definitely lame...)

Fashion Designer
    Whee! Just set foot on watchers rock and had one energy to try out level 199. Will post pic and notes about it in the morning. But stone jewels are back! And stone jewels do not put out fires :/ they're just always in the way haha

Fashion Designer
    Level 199... fire moves level with snakes and stone jewels

unless you can make a bunch of blasters to extinguish the fires below the snakes, you're going to have to **** the snakes before you can access the fires. the stone jewels won't put out the fire, so if you can get rid of a stone jewel, i'd use a move to do so. passed it with a few blasters. i made a diamond but i didn't even end up using it.

Fashion Designer
    Level 200... timed fire level with snakes, stone jewels, crates, and black jewels

tried this level once and time goes by faster than you think. i was wasting too much time looking for good moves to try to get rid of the stone jewels. but you have to get them off the crate so that you can break through the crate. my board reshuffled so i actually didn't have to deal with that and i still ran out of time.

perhaps another strategy can be focusing on one side, so either **** the snakes and then extinguish the fire on that side. then try to create blasters (on snake side which has a larger board area) to target the side with the fire contained by the crates. Or vice versa, target the side with crates first and then create blasters to get rid of the fire on the snake side. snakes and crates will prevent the fire from spreading, so as long as you keep one side intact, you can attack in a more focused manner. but since this level is timed, not sure if this strategy is all that feasible. i haven't even tried it myself... just trying to get some ideas by just looking at the picture.

Fashion Designer
    yay passed level 200. i tried my strategy that i wrote above. the first time i quickly got rid of the snakes and got rid of the fire on the snake side pretty fast. but too much time passed trying to make a blaster. i should've looked to the crate side to see if i could break through the crates and just get rid of them by contact with some matches. i tried again and still focused on the snakes and i got lucky with a bomb/blaster combo to blow out the fire in one swipe

now level 201... timed fire level with doom jewels, stone jewels, and crates

2 doom jewels with 35 seconds and 2 doom jewels with 45 seconds on the timer. first get rid of the 35 second doom jewels. then keep breaking through the crates to get to the last 2 doom jewels. i got 3/4 out of the way, but the last one exploded on me. i also managed to isolate the fire to the one side with the last doom jewel. so i think if you can quickly get to all 4 doom jewels you'll be set to pass the level.

next try was a crazy round of 2 diamonds and i combined a diamond with a blaster. but it left a few flames leftover. i wasn't able to contain the flames, so it spread like wildfire! time ran out... so i need to wait for my energy to recharge.

Thumbs up Congrats!

Wow, over 200--quite the milestone!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Wow, over 200--quite the milestone!
    thanks! yea it's exciting i had a few close calls with 201 to almost pass the level. hopefully i get it by tonight. and on my other account i've been stuck on the same level for awhile, the last one in unicorn summit...ugh that one isn't very fun. you'll prob catch up to my other account and i'll still at that level haha.

Fashion Designer
    Level 202... timed glass level with a snake, a stone jewel, and doom jewels

the hardest glass to break is the ones located in the bottom left corner and they are double glassed, so you have to break them twice. so there are 2 areas to focus on, i usually focus on getting rid of the snake. so if there are matches in that area either on top or under the snake, i'll work on that first. doom jewels will drop onto the board, and i think they start with a timer of 30 seconds. so you have half of the round to get rid of them. once 31 seconds of the round has passed, don't worry about any new doom jewels dropping in. i haven't found the stone jewel to be much of a hindrance until you **** the snake and then it drops down to the glass. but that's the least of your worries. so if there are no matches to be made around the snake, just make as many swipes as you can on the other side of the board. in all of my close to passing the level rounds, i always had the 2 pieces of glass in the left corner remaining. so gotta work on that..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    level 201... timed fire level with doom jewels, stone jewels, and crates

2 doom jewels with 35 seconds and 2 doom jewels with 45 seconds on the timer. first get rid of the 35 second doom jewels. then keep breaking through the crates to get to the last 2 doom jewels. i got 3/4 out of the way, but the last one exploded on me. i also managed to isolate the fire to the one side with the last doom jewel. so i think if you can quickly get to all 4 doom jewels you'll be set to pass the level.
    the 4 crates on the top row only take one match of jewels to break them. so i'd try to avoid breaking the crates that are on the very left and very right, and only break the 2 crates that are in the middle. leaving the crates on the sides intact will prevent the fires on the side from spreading. sometimes you cant help but make matches in that area so don't waste time avoiding it, but if you can just focus strictly on the middle, i'd do that. and if you can eliminate a stone jewel by making a special jewel next to those crates, it'd be worth breaking those crates.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast