Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Serpent Sanctuary - Levels 181 - 186

Farm Supplier
    Thanks Phaedrakiki! I finally managed to finish it - with 19 seconds to spare!! I genuinely don't know how though, the last bit went so very very quickly for me... Some blasters and some bombs dropped down at the very end, and cleared the last glass bits in no time. I genuinely don't know how I managed it.

185- I've had one go at so far (I've run out of energy now) it looks like it might be doable - even though there's fire involved! Although the number of turns seems a bit slim again.

Hurray, pastasplace! So glad you beat it--it's tough being stuck on those timed ones (no fun!) You'll probably pass 185 quickly. It wasn't bad for a fire level. I thought the moves were "tight" but sufficient. (Just have to play a few rounds to get the right layout.) Good luck!

Farm Supplier
    Level 185 is currently 40 moves. I think that's a bit on the slim side again... 45 moves with the right layout would be doable, 40 moves is going to take a really long time to nail it.

I guess if I take long enough about it, they'll have upped the move count again!

Fashion Designer
    Level 185 in 2:35 seconds is not happening. It might be enough time, but it's not enough time to match that many blue gems. I'm thoroughly frustrated, and I'm a fast matcher most of the time. I keep having single digit blues left when the clock expires, forget the glass tiles.

TeamLava, you need to bump this time back up, or lower the blue quota!

Farm Supplier
    Gardienn - I agree! 2:35 on 184 is definitely too little time to be able to clear it with a certain level of s****, rather than complete luck.

I've really been enjoying these levels - or I would if I felt they were doable on my own merits...

Level 185 - 40 moves is way too few... Bearing in mind you have to clear 142 jewels of specific colours - if each move cleared three gems, that's 42 moves right there, never mind about clearing the crates (although they tend to clear themselves) or the fire! I know that there'll be some special jewels or a combo, or incidental colour matches that drop down that might clear more than three in one go, but there are also times when the only swap you can make is one that isn't a colour match to the required colours...

It stops what is essentially a really fun game into a frustration.

Fashion Designer
    OK--I got through level 184 and conclude that the strategy to get through all those chained gems, particularly the 240 count of blue at the end, is to focus on clearing blue right from the beginning and going as fast as you can, not trying to hit blaster/bomb combos or get diamonds. They'll come, but honed focus on blue and fast are keys.

Now, if I can get through 185...

Farm Supplier
    Congrats Gardienn!

They've upped the number of moves on 185 now - it's 60 moves, which is lovely! I've just completed it twice (the second time so I could see how many moves they switched it to) first time I had 10 moves left over, second time 9 moves left.

Hope you're successful too!

Congrat's Gradienn & pastasplace!

Fashion Designer
    My level 185 is still 40 moves and that's not been happening either.

Wait... just force closed and restarted. It's now 52 moves. I guess I'll see how that goes...

Fashion Designer
    I think 52 is the right amount. It is challenging but still beatable. Thank goodness. 40 moves was impossible to clear the board. On to 186.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast