Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Serpent Sanctuary - Levels 181 - 186

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    (...)
    So then I played Level 183. Dig 18 meters in 155 moves (5 JC's used.) The moves have been adjusted on this one, too. Was 195, then reduced to 125. (...)
    so level 183 was originally 125 (when i first got there) and then it was increased to 195. so i guess 195 was too much, so they reduced it to 155 as you say. the picture i posted was when i went back after i had passed it long ago. just to clarify (not that it probably matters.. lol)

and when you look at the pic of an example of level 184, notice how there are barely any blue on the board and that's the lock color with the highest count!! no wonder you're having a hard time with those matches. but i think the lock & chain feature is one of the more fun ones. makes you readjust your gameplay, which makes it more interesting.

Yeah, I got the "125 moves" info from your original post when you 1st did the level. Assumed the photo you posted last week had to be from when you went back (alternate account or 3-star attempt.) I was just showing that most of these recent levels have had lots of adjustments made!

I agree that the lock and chain is a interesting challenge, and I'm enjoying it. But I'm not fond of most timed levels, and there have been a few more (on average) lately, at least it seems that way. So more complaining on my part, lol! You're right about the blue on level 184. There were several times I couldn't find a single blue match. I had "blue, blue" in my head, but none on screen! And as I said before, sometimes no matches at all (reshuffling.) I haven't been able to do many combos yet, though. If I get a board with those opportunities, it should help "refill" the board (with blue jewels, please!)

Finally passed level 184. Yay! Not sure how...I think I finally got a round with more blue/"bottom color" jewels pumped in. Prior to that, I had a couple rounds where I did some combos (blaster + bomb, etc.,) but it wasn't enough. I still needed more blue jewels to expose that last glass to clear. Finally, I got that lock open & broke the glass! The screen was flashing the last seconds...& my hands were shaking so bad! Only one star--I'm gonna get stuck on an island soon, with all these 1-star ratings lately from hateful timed levels! Anyway, what a relief to win...and get that lucky board!

Level 185 was challenging, but so much fun! Took me a few tries, but I passed. It's a fire level: 24 in 45 moves (5 JC's.) Adjustments made again--it was 40 moves a month ago, 60 last week! (60 prob was too many.) I tried to keep the fire under control, making sure I had some special jewels lined up each time I unlocked one of the tiers (or broke crates, at the beginning.) They are, of course, faster at clearing fire & reducing the lock & chain (L&C) jewel counts. Very fun level! It's pretty easy to make special jewels & do combos on 185. I think I did a diamond + blaster twice during the round I passed...

Now I'm on Level 186, and the fire spreads crazy-fast! 2:00 to put out 22 flames (5 JC's used.) I think I got the final locks undone by the end, but the fire wasn't close to controlled. So this will need lots of tries, no doubt. Ugh, I'm so tired of all these timed levels! The moves levels are so fun--the only reason I keep playing... They've played with the time a little on this one, too. From 1:30 back on 5/15/13, to 2:15 on 6/3, to a 15-second reduction a week later. I need those extra seconds, cuz this level is tough & stressful, IMHO!)

Omg, 186 is impossible! I've said it before, but I really think this is gonna be the end! It's not even really the lock & chain--it's the fire! It spreads so fast, I can't manage it. I did a blaster + bomb combo, followed by a diamond swapped w/red jewel to set off a blaster. But there's always one flame left which quickly spreads. It would be nice if I could put the first group of fire out, then unleash the next group of chained-up flames. Maybe that would give me a better shot. But applying any strategy takes time, and that's lacking here. Plus, I'm not even getting the "outer" L&C open. I think I opened it the first time, just as my time was up. But I'm not sure, but I certainly haven't been able to do it again. Ugh, hate this level!

Cant believe it--passed 186! They added some time to it (up to 2:36--random!, and later to 3:00.) Good thing, or I don't know if I would've made it! It took another 5/6 rounds after the increases, so it's still extremely challenging. I think a very lucky board helped me pass, too. I did 4 or 5 blaster + bomb combos, a diamond + bomb, a diamond + blaster, plus solo diamonds & other specials. Got 3 stars, which I needed, lol! You really can't let your fingers rest on this level; the fire moves soooo fast! One other thing I did was make sure I began with a horizontal match against the ice blocks. (Or I restarted the level.) Making this move changes the ice blocks to the matched-jewel color, which clears them instantly, & helps with the fire right away. You really don't want to lose control of the fire, lol!

Well, heading off to Highfall Palace now. Good luck to you!

New Resident
    Oh my gosh 186 is ****ing me!!!! I love the lock and chain, but I hate fire, especially when it comes to a timed level!!

Farm Supplier
    I'm up to 184, and I really like the chain levels! I'm not looking forward to the chain and fire ones though..

I've really enjoyed them so far, I've taken a different approach to the digging down ones, I aim to prioritise the colour that needs clearing to get down, and once I've "done" that chain colour, I try to ignore it for the rest of the game. But yes, if all else fails, I aim for purple o get the count of the largest chain lock down!

I'm finding 184 confusing though, as he gems with the numbers in have two colours to them - the colour of the gem, and colour needed to unlock that chain. They should just make the gem all one colour. I'm not colour blind... Just easily confused, with a really bad memory... I have to keep repeating the colour I'm aiming for under my breath!

Farm Supplier
    Ok, I've changed my tactic for level 184, and am aiming to make matches with the dark blue (for me, that's the colour with the highest number of matches needed)... I'm routinely still needing between 30-50 more jewels cleared of the blue by the time the timer runs out. And that when I'm focussing on just that inner colour!

Grrr....

Farm Supplier
    Also, 184 is down to 2mins 35secs now... I think I could manage it in 3:20, possibly even 2:50, but not 2:35!

I'll try and stop who being now!

Wow, I can't imagine why they would reduce the time on 184. It was still very challenging at 2:50, at least IMHO... That one took me awhile, so you're not alone pastasplace! And I don't think they give you enough blue jewels (or whatever "middle color".) You basically have to get very lucky & do lots of big combos that clear huge amounts of jewels at once. Not sure if 184 was one of them, but on some of the timed L & C levels, I didn't even focus on a color. I keep "blue" in mind, of course. But since there were so few blue jewels, I just made whatever matches I can (towards the bottom--so I get bonus matches above.) Try just making matches as fast as you can, aiming for special jewels & combos. See if that helps. Regardless of strategy...stick with it, and you'll eventually get a board where you can do 3 blaster + bombs (or diamonds, etc.) in quick succession. But they also need to give you those seconds back--not fair!

Good luck!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast