Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Serpent Sanctuary - Levels 181 - 186

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Level 183 is a similar concept as level 182, but its not timed and you get 125 moves to dig 18 meters. At the very bottom you'll see 240 purple and 192 aqua, so those will be the colors to focus on. The best thing is to create special jewels and make combos to blast out big areas of jewels. If you get a diamond, try to combine it with a bomb or blaster. Diamond and bomb combo is probably the best combo for these levels.
    Level 183... digging moves level with lock & chain

Fashion Designer
    Level 184 is a timed glass level (2:25) and all the glass is locked up in 3 tiers of chains. 1st tier is 36 red, 2nd is 72 yellow, and 3rd tier is 144 blue. I'll probably use the same strategy as above.
    Level 184... timed glass level with lock & chain

looks like the moves and times have been increased from before

Fashion Designer
    Level 185... this is a moves and fire level, take out 24 flames within 40 moves. there are 3 rows of flames at the bottom and each row is encircled by a lock & chain. 1st row is 18 purple, 2nd row is 36 blue, and bottom 3rd row is 72 aqua. I am not sure if the colors change with each try, but the #s of each color is definitely the same each time. There is a row of crates on top of the 3 rows of fire that is chained up. strategy is to focus on the highest # of color to make matches, in this example i'd focus on aqua. try to create special jewels whenever you can, even if it's not one of the colors in the lock & chain. because when you use a blaster/bomb/diamond, it takes out a big number of jewels and is usually more beneficial than creating a match of just 3 jewels. level isn't too bad.
    Level 185... fire moves level with lock & chain and crates

so based on this picture, i'd focus on making matches of purple, then green, then blue. once blue opens up, try to get rid of all the exposed fire so that it doesn't get out of control. so you have to break through the crates to get access to the fire.

i started posting the fire pics from my other account since i don't have to do any cropping

Fashion Designer
    Level 186... timed fire level. 1:30 on the clock and there are two columns of fire that is bound up by the lock & chain on the left side and the same two columns on the right side. My first try i had 72 purple and 36 red in the two columns (both on the left & right). so when you make matches it will count for both sides... meaning you don't have to get rid of 144 purple jewels, but just 72 purple jewels. i know for sure that the colors in the columns will change from round to round, because on my 2nd try the colors were different, but the count was the same. in the center of the board are some white blocks that sit on top of the flames, but some get quickly eaten up by the flames because the fire spreads really really fast in this level. main strategy: move very fast and create special jewels. try to make your moves next to the fire so you can extinguish them, but just make matches anywhere that you can since the level is timed.
    Level 186... timed fire level with lock & chain

holy smokes! the fire moves so fast so i had to capture a shot with the "GO!" on the screen. otherwise the flames engulf the bottom white blocks immediately. but i think you get the drift of how the level works based on the picture. went from 1:30 to 2:15.. not bad

Fashion Designer
    Found an old screenshot of level 181.

Level 181... glass moves level with lock & chain

Here is the tutorial for the Lock & Chain feature:

Just played level 181--lots of fun! 30 moves to clear 32 glass (5 JC's.) The new lock and chain feature is very enjoyable, at least on this "easy level", lol. I was able to make a few diamonds, 2 right next to each other. So, once my chain was unlocked, I swapped 'em & cleared most of the glass (some of it's double...) Then I swapped a diamond + blaster--fun stuff! Now, another stinkin' timed level. Hope I can do the lock & chain under pressure, lol!

Omg, I didn't even get close on Level 182. You're supposed to dig 11 meters in 2:05 (used to be 3:45--and that's how much time I need...at least, lol!) 5 jewel colors used (5 JC's.) I only got 4 meters down, just barely getting one of the 90-chain locks undone. Gonna def have to adjust my thinking here. Wow, lock & chain's harder than I thought!

I concentrated on just making matches like crazy, especially the bottom 3 colors. But it seems impossible! I did some blaster+bomb combos and made 2 diamonds (fun swapping a diamond with a color you're targeting for a lock!) So I made it to 7 meters. What's it gonna take to get to 11 in 2 min.? Recharging...

Ahhh...finally passed level 182! That one was crazy--I was swiping like a mad-woman! The jewels were flying all over the place, combos exploding & all sorts of things going on, and I still barely made it. Only one star, too. I'm just glad I'm through! (For now...I'll try to boost my score later~)

So then I played Level 183. Dig 18 meters in 155 moves (5 JC's used.) The moves have been adjusted on this one, too. Was 195, then reduced to 125. The lock & chain was a lot easier to do on this one (maybe because I could take my time, lol--did I ever mention I dislike timed levels?) I passed it the first time. Not sure if I got a lucky board, or if that's just the nature of this level. Regardless, it was very enjoyable!!

Now I'm on Level 184: 24 glass in 2:50 (5 JC's.) Of course, there's lock & chain as already described. And again, they've adjusted the time--was 2:25, then 3:20. I like the sound of 3:20 over 2:50! It's funny, when you focus on clearing certain colors, you think the other colors would build up. But because they're plentiful, they often just match themselves! Still trying to get used to this different way of playing...but it's fun! I've got one energy to try it--here goes~

Hmm, on 184, it's hard to make matches! Not sure why, but I spent a lot of time looking for "the only match" & then the screen reshuffled. Not a good thing when you're trying to make a gazillion red/yellow/blue matches! I made it through the first two chains, but still had quite a few blue to go when the timer ran out. Hope it was just a bad round...and not the nature of this beast! (I'm not looking for another troublesome timed level!)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast